Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:14 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I'm sorry the World has no meaning to you KevK.

You must be very lonely.
Just because someone doesnt believe in some word it does not mean they are lonely or bad. The word sin is just a fancy word that religion created to mean bad/evil deeds. The word Sin is just a power word meant to scare or intimidate, most bible term are just that.

After all I dont believe in God and well the word sin has no meaning to me. I am not a bad/evil person, I am living quite nicely without a god to worship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 08:32 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
How ironic. I click on this thread at the same time I turn on Comedy Central and Chris Rock is talking about gay marriage.

"People talk about marriage is sacred. Marriage ain't %$^&ing sacred. Not in a country that watches Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire. Gays should have the right to be just as miserable as everybody else.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:40 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
How ironic. I click on this thread at the same time I turn on Comedy Central and Chris Rock is talking about gay marriage.

"People talk about marriage is sacred. Marriage ain't %$^&ing sacred. Not in a country that watches Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire. Gays should have the right to be just as miserable as everybody else.
HAHAHA, I watched that stupid frickin' show. What a joke. Eh, I'm a pawn to reality tv, I admit it.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The battle continues...

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A federal court case which could legalize same-sex marriage in the United States will begin trial in January 2010.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2009/08/19/news/news-us-gaymarriage-california.html (broken link)

FACTBOX: U.S. laws on gay marriage, civil unions | U.S. | Reuters
Will this judge manage to force gay marriage on all the states that have passed their constitutional amendments to disallow it? I think that maybe we need to wait until the Supreme Court agrees to hear the appeal, and there will be an appeal no matter how that trial comes out.

I guess what is being said here is that the 10th Amendment of the Constitution of the United States will be abolished by judicial decision. I don't think that is Constitutional, but then who knows what gays can swing these days.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Will this judge manage to force gay marriage on all the states that have passed their constitutional amendments to disallow it? I think that maybe we need to wait until the Supreme Court agrees to hear the appeal, and there will be an appeal no matter how that trial comes out.

I guess what is being said here is that the 10th Amendment of the Constitution of the United States will be abolished by judicial decision. I don't think that is Constitutional, but then who knows what gays can swing these days.
To say that this occasion will abolish the 10th Amendment is just plain ignorant. I would think that if it was ever abolished it was when slavery was made illegal, women got equal rights, Blacks got equal rights, when abortion was made legal. Come on there are many occasions where someone could say that the 10th Amendment was not upheld. But if you do it for one or two groups how can you complain when the rest start demanding the same.

You can give one group something and leave out all other groups. The Homosexual community has been persecuted long enough, it is time to stop the fighting, leave them alone and go about your own business, what these people do is of no concern to you.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:49 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
You can give one group something and leave out all other groups. The Homosexual community has been persecuted long enough, it is time to stop the fighting, leave them alone and go about your own business, what these people do is of no concern to you.
By the end of 2010, some 40+ states will have codified including by inclusion into their States Constitutions, the definition of "marriage" as between one man and one woman. Thereby eliminating for all logical purposes, same sex marriage(s).

Many of these same states will be approving "civil unions" (or similar) as the alternative.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
By the end of 2010, some 40+ states will have codified including by inclusion into their States Constitutions, the definition of "marriage" as between one man and one woman. Thereby eliminating for all logical purposes, same sex marriage(s).

Many of these same states will be approving "civil unions" (or similar) as the alternative.
Civil unions are great as long as they are the same thing as a marriage by all legal rights, privileges and so on. But if the definition is the same why use two words? why not just call all marriages civil unions or call all civil unions marriages? What the homosexual community wants is the equal rights that come with the word marriage. Is that such a big deal?

Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Civil unions are great as long as they are the same thing as a marriage by all legal rights, privileges and so on. But if the definition is the same why use two words? why not just call all marriages civil unions or call all civil unions marriages? What the homosexual community wants is the equal rights that come with the word marriage. Is that such a big deal?
They want a two-tiered system, essentially. I think they're very insecure. They believe that allowing same-sex couples to use the word "marriage" is going to somehow detract from opposite-sex marriages. It's a very illogical argument.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Until the U.S. Supreme Court someday rules that those bans cannot stand.

Quote:
We'll see. Do you realize that nearly half of the states that have passed a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage have also banned civil unions? Virginia has even banned private contracts between same-sex couples. That's outrageous, in my opinion.

File:Samesex marriage in USA.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-20-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
To say that this occasion will abolish the 10th Amendment is just plain ignorant.
I strongly agree. If same-sex marriage becomes legal across the U.S., however, be prepared to hear a lot of squawking about the "gay lobby", and how homosexuality is being "forced" on the country.

They are afraid. Very afraid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies