Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 12:03 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,292,156 times

Advertisements

I will say that the last 8 years have been the most enjoyable 8 years of my young political life. George W. Bush Jr and Barrack H. Obama, will both go down in history as two of the best, yet most controversial Presidents of our time. What they have done in terms of re-energizing the American populist, is what is going to change this country.

Before you yell at me hear me out.

George Jr. - Earlier on energized a very strong conservative base, he ran under a doctrine of small government, isolationism, and more freedom for all. In the end, his Presidency, ushered in the age of "police state politics through fear mongering, via the passing of the Patriot Act. He proved, that current events, will always dictate the agenda and role of the Presidency, he was unable to stay to true to his Election Platform, he went against everything he stood for, because of current events. These same current events challenged and changed the American landscape forever. He proved the Republican and Democrats are not really different in terms of how they expand government. He proved, that politicians no matter how good their intentions, still allow lobbyist and special interest to influence many of their decisions. He ran under states rights, but yet imposed the Federal Government into State Run School systems, with the no child left behind act (thus expanding the power of government over the minds of American children). he vowed to keep government to a limited basis and not spend the tax payers money, however he ushered in the largest health care reforms via Medicare Part D (800 Billion). These men are human, and prone to the same human mistakes, failures, success, and overall instincts, we all have. He allowed himself to fall to us own personal thoughts on religion and political pandering to the right. He reduced fellow citizens rights, by not allowing homosexual citizens to marry, and not allowing the states to decide on such issues. However, with all the mistakes, he made, and all the extremely often heavily criticized policies, i still think he was a GREAT PRESIDENT!! He proved the humanity of the Executive Branch, he proved, that revenge, thoughtlessness, and temper, can get us into more bad than good. He helped me question why i tip toe the party line, why i do not question the decisions, of these "supposed angels" we elect to carryout our intentions.

However, the most important thing to remember is President Bush galvanized a nation, with his entrance into the Iraq war. When he decided to enter this country he awoke "the sleeping giant" on the far left, to organize, protest, and argue against their government. This was great!!! I did not agree with it, but great to watch people express themselves. He proved that Americans although rather lazy, if motivated enough for a cause they support, can still attempt to hold governments accountable to the constitution.

Barrack Obama, is experiencing the same galvanizing effort, but he is waking up those that were asleep during the last 8 years on the right. His expansion of government is involves expansion into the Health Care Industry. Both Presidents are filled with goodness and have the best intentions ( i hope), the question that we are all asking ourselves is how should these good intentions for the greater good of society be implemented. This is the real difference between the parties. How do we morally hold ourselves accountable to our fellow man. Bush believed in theory this was best left to the private citizen to deiced, however Obama believes the private citizens is not capable of acting on these good intentions and the government should act in the interest of citizens good intentions. These great intentions and social programs carried out by our government will continue to expand, but the biggest benefit, is that both men have awoken the sleeping giant. They have challenged the rightful heirs and protectors of the constitution. Bush woke up the left and Obama woken up the right in the most recent election. I think Barrack is great man, with many great intentions, i admire his intelligence, and his ability to thoughtfully think through many tough problems. In 8 months he's impressed me more with his willingness to show up to rallies, where individuals are carrying guns, and stand in the middle of a town hall debate and show little to no fear. This is remarkable and shows true character, but sadly to say, i tend to disagree with his method, but Bush has proven, that maybe his method is the only way to collectively get citizens to act in their own best interest.

Now, if we could get these individuals to stop backing the party line blindly we could organize and take back our rightful position as the framers would have wanted. WE THE PEOPLE! WE ARE THE RIGHTFUL HEIRS AND PROTECTORS OF THE CONSTITUTION. The real revolution is not going to come by force, but it will come through thought! Once those on the far left and those on the far right join the rest of us in the middle, who vote on the issues not with a political line, but what serves us best. The middle class needs now more than ever to be united. PLEASE LET"S HOLD THEES SOB's accountable going forward. Let's start taking our jobs as citizens seriously, let's rally peacefully, and question our government fairly. Let's not make up lies, to support a slight difference of opinion, let's take this new awakening of American Politics, to advance the great ideals and framework of the constitution. Let's star to act as the checks and balance we were supposed to be on the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Branches.

IT STARTS WITH US CONTROLLING OUR STATES RIGHTS AND HOLDING THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE FOR IMPEDING ON THE 10th Amendment. Come we truly still have the power, but we've allowed them to divide us like cattle, stop the madness and lets put our rather thin partisan differences aside. Who is with me in the fight for truth, freedom, and justice for all!!!>???

BTW this is my 500 post,that's why I'm so melodramatic

Last edited by dorock99; 08-20-2009 at 12:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 12:09 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times
Best thing obama and bush did for the americna public

Killed the GOP.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:30 PM

Yea, but look what they have done for the American Political life over the last 8 years. I mean i have some extremely liberal friends,that did not care for politics until Bush entered the Iraq war and now they are very involved. I have friends that are extremely far right, that could have cared less about the constitution and limited government, but Obama, has finally given them a reason to be passionate about politics. It took someone on the opposite side with extreme opposing views to finally get them to realize, they need to start doing their job as American citizens and hold government accountable to the constitution.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:32 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
With all due respect, I'm skeptical of anyone offering an opinion on politics who cannot even spell our president's name.

You also grossly misunderstand Obama's very pro-market position on issues. The fact that the market can't fill all holes and Obama is trying to plug those holes so that fewer people fall through the cracks does not mean Obama doesn't respect or advocate the power of the market where it does work.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Stabalise the banks. Other than that not much has been doen by governamnt to solve the rising crisis in the ecomomy really.The stimulus has been a flop;the rising debt endangers the future while the bascais have not changedf and unemployemnt has risen.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
With all due respect, I'm skeptical of anyone offering an opinion on politics who cannot even spell our president's name.

You also grossly misunderstand Obama's very pro-market position on issues. The fact that the market can't fill all holes and Obama is trying to plug those holes so that fewer people fall through the cracks does not mean Obama doesn't respect or advocate the power of the market where it does work.

Great point i never stated my opinion was absolute i merely offered it up for discussion.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:22 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,782,278 times
In 7 years another republican will be president. 8 years later another democrat will be president. We will all grow old and die, and the struggle of powers and philosophies will still be churning away for a very long time afterwards.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:23 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Stabalise the banks. Other than that not much has been doen by governamnt to solve the rising crisis in the ecomomy really.The stimulus has been a flop;the rising debt endangers the future while the bascais have not changedf and unemployemnt has risen.
How can it be a flop if only a small percentage of it has been used thus far?

Old 08-20-2009, 02:00 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,054,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
In 7 years another republican will be president. 8 years later another democrat will be president. We will all grow old and die, and the struggle of powers and philosophies will still be churning away for a very long time afterwards.

we can change this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies