Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:08 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
haha why is it that white people have jokes about this, racist! go hang with foley, you know something, barney frank ethers almost everyone who attempts to down talk him interesting
Can someone please reorganize this for me to make it coherent?? Switch the words around a bit..kinda like JUMBO..help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 02:10 PM

873 posts, read 1,804,492 times
No, I understand. But thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I think you misunderstand.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:30 PM

59 posts, read 52,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well the spelling proficiency of some racist leaves a lot to be desired and hand painted signs on bar room doors and walls are notorious for errors of spelling and grammar so it isn't impossible to see how signals got crossed...

Whether the would-be customers were right to be offended is of little importance since it behooves every business owner to insure that their signage can't be misconstrued by the clientele.
"Ensure." That would be "ensure." You're welcome friend. If you need any further instruction in the English language I will be happy to teach you. However, the next lesson will not be free.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:34 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
This is a hoot!

This little place is a great little bar/hangout that has been around a while.

It meant nothing more than what it says. Motorcycle gangs fly colors....as long
as you are not flying your *color* you are welcome. If you are, then you will be politely
asked to move on. Not that it makes a difference though. LOL

The great part about this is that, whomever complained was more than likely standing at the Petro Express Station next door saw it and got pissy about it. LOL Funny!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 06:42 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Although the meaning was perfectly clear to me on first reading, that modification was going to be my suggestion as well. I think you misunderstand. My reading of his statement was not that the people themselves are different if they aren't wearing their colors, but that the wearing of colors often incites behavior that he want to prevent in his establishment. That does not necessarily make it the fault of the person displaying, but if it can be seen as "provocative", whether intentionally or unintentionally, he has the right to deny access based on that possibility.

Being on a scoot wearing a color can incite/provoke behavior that the owner wouldn't want?

So would a female dressed like a hootch with her cleavage hanging out. Even more so actually, but they are allowed in.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:42 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
I took no offense. I think he should have spelled out "Gang Colors" maybe............

Old 08-21-2009, 07:05 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Miley Cyrus' cat had kittens and she tweeted about it.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:09 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
LAKE WYLIE, S.C., Aug. 20 (UPI) -- The owner of a South Carolina bar said no racism was intended by an anti-gang sign reading "Please notice, no colors allowed. Thank you."

"Bo" Legg, co-owner of the Knot Hole bar in Lake Wylie, said "colors" refers to colors or patches worn by gangs, especially motorcycle gangs, that are often cited as the cause of fights, WCNC-TV, Charlotte, N.C., reported Thursday.

'No colors' sign causes confusion - UPI.com
According to the definitions at Webster's, there should have been no misunderstanding. The owner used the word 'colors' absolutely appropriately.

show one's colors - Definition of show one's colors at YourDictionary.com

Old 09-27-2009, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 703 times
its very easy though to understand, if no one has ever been in a gang and perhaps doesn't get informed... Its also very easy to understand if you just don't want colors............ simple misunderstanding i would say

Old 09-27-2009, 07:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I took no offense. I think he should have spelled out "Gang Colors" maybe............
Gangs don't go for being "PC".

Colors means colors. Those that wear them know exactly what it means.
Others...just walk on by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies