Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 11:18 AM

20,365 posts, read 19,972,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Christ, the conservatives are out in force this Sunday...what, did you guys just get back from networking at church and decided to score a few points as cultural warriors here on C-D?
This is an internet forum. It's normal for a diversity of opinions to be expressed.

Particulary in a PoC forum.

If you need an echo chamber, stick to democraticunderground.

They keep a tight lid on straying to far from from fold, opinionwise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 11:18 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,781,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
BET, NBA, and NFL are majority black. Their racial make up should be balanced to reflect the racial percentage of blacks, whites, asians, and latinos in the population.
Same with the NAACP. Why doesn't it show balance and have at least 50% whites?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:06 PM

38,065 posts, read 22,226,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
LOL..You and other wingnuts spend EVERY freaking day obsessing over and spreading baseless conspiracy theories on how Obama is taking your freedoms away and plotting to destroy "your country". What hypocrisy.
You have me confused with someone else. All you are doing here is what many partisan hacks, from either side do, they see someone who appears to disagree with them on an issue, and instead of debating the issue with them, they get all "we-weed" about it. You can't just assume everyone who may disagree with you on an issue is some evil conspirator, or boogieman, or people will think you are a loon.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:10 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,300,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I think they need to give a Sunday show to Juan Williams.

Why don't YOU stop with YOUR bigoted and racist threads / posts KEVK?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:30 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,428,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
No. Your point did not go over my head because your point did not (as still does not) make any sense. BET was specifically started because there was a lack of "black entertainment" on tv. The channel honestly sucks, so I really don't think it was all that helpful. The NFL and NBA are two examples of sports where blacks dominate, but there are TONS of sports where whites dominate. If white and black people became better in sports where they did not dominate, that trend would completely change. The networks that own these shows select their hosts, and there are excellent journalists who are not white males. I really had not thought much of this, but looking at the list, it is kind of stunning. There could at least be one female.

And I'd love to see a female president too. We can both keep wishing because females will not vote for females and they will not watch females on news programs. I would love to see Laura Ingram get her own show. She fills in for O'Reiley and does a great job plus she's a lot easier on the eyes, so why not?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:35 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,428,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
Affirmative action is a voluntary policy, the NBA and NFL are not require to comply with anything. But if you want to make that hiring mandatory, I suggest you do the same with sports where whites excel. Maybe hockey or skiing should be forced to hire blacks who are underrepresented. Would that make everything fair for you?

Blacks out in the cold playing hockey and skiing?

Mmm, not really seeing that happening.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:37 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,044,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I often wonder why we see so few females and minorities on Sunday morning. Do people think that blacks, Mexicans and women cannot do serious news? That they can only do "entertainment"?? Let's take a sampling!

The Gerogia Gang
Dick Williams
WHITE MALE

McLaughlin Group
John McLaughlin
WHITE MALE

Fox News Sunday
Chris Wallace
WHITE MALE

Face The Nation
Bob Schieffer
WHITE MALE

Meet The Press
David Gregory
WHTE MALE

The Chris Matthews Show
Chris Matthews
WHITE MALE

This Week
George Stephanopoulos
WHITE MALE
Maybe it's because the women and minorities are in church

Old 08-23-2009, 09:39 PM

958 posts, read 2,135,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I'm a white male. What of it?

Maybe they got ahead in life because they were......what's it called when students apply themselves........oh yeah, "acting white".

I think you need to find a new hobby, preferably an outdoor one.
In heavy traffic.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:07 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,283,794 times
Default Another Sunday Morning Surrounded by WHITE MALES!

...watch football

...duh

EDIT TO ADD: I know it's only preseason, I didn't watch much this weekend myself.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:09 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,335,837 times
Gwen Ifill? Oh, wait, she's a woman...would that be ok, KevK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies