Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,347 times

Advertisements

Smart parents need to start sending their children to school with tape recorders. That is how Fistgate was discovered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 07:57 PM

28 posts, read 55,458 times
I would have to say that the school went against the students rights. Then again that is my opinion and does not have to be agreed with. There is nothing wrong with being heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual. Everyone is different. If they allowed her to buy the ticket for her date and she put her date's name down it shouldn't matter. It all comes down to people not understanding and being afraid of what they don't understand.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:01 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,907 times
There is a Gay, Bisexual, Lesbian and transgendered Public school in NYC and if someone came in trying to subvert their mission, Say Skinhead anti gay kids they would have the ACLU, the SPLC and every Dem running for president to dog catcher out to stop them from coming to the school, so fair is fair

Old 05-02-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
There is a Gay, Bisexual, Lesbian and transgendered Public school in NYC and if someone came in trying to subvert their mission, Say Skinhead anti gay kids they would have the ACLU, the SPLC and every Dem running for president to dog catcher out to stop them from coming to the school, so fair is fair
You are very right. I am in the process of reading "The Harsh Truth About Public Schools". Below is an interesting story of what goes on in those "progressive" schools. Google "cuddle puddle" for more info.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cuddle Puddle of Stuyvesant High School
Researchers find it shocking that 11 percent of American girls between 15 and 19 claim to have same-sex encounters. Clearly they’ve never observed the social rituals of the pansexual, bi-*****, metroflexible New York teen.
By Alex Morris

Since the school day is winding down, things in the hallway are starting to get rowdy. Jane disappears for a while and comes back carrying a pint-size girl over her shoulder. “Now I take her off and we have gay sex!” she says gleefully, as she parades back and forth in front of the cuddle puddle. “And it’s awesome!” The hijacked girl hangs limply, a smile creeping to her lips. Ilia has stuffed papers up the front of his shirt and prances around on tiptoe, batting his eyes and sticking out his chest. Elle is watching, enthralled, as two boys lock lips across the hall. “Oh, my,” she murmurs. “Homoerotica. There’s nothing more exciting than watching two men make out.” And everyone is talking to another girl in the puddle who just “came out,” meaning she announced that she’s now open to sexual overtures from both boys and girls, which makes her a minor celebrity, for a little while.

http://nymag.com/news/features/15589/

Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 PM

what is sick is the way the teachers are promoting this, while we fall further and further behind in math, science and we score below europe, and asia. No wonder we are losing jobs to overseas, we are not equiping our kids or teh real world except for sexual immorality and exploration and hip hop dancing

Old 05-02-2007, 10:18 PM

It's all very sad. The regrets will come later and they will be great.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 PM

23 posts, read 50,148 times
Well, seeing as how the U S has so many other--MORE PRESSING--issues, if the girl wants to take a friend to the prom, I say "bully" for her. Let's keep our eye on the ball, people. This is not an issue. This is a distraction. Morality runs the gammit...we, as a nation, have redefined acceptable morality (same-sex marriage, benefits for "life partners", et-cetera). Perhaps the definition needs to be a bit more discernable. Perhaps, as a whole, we need to take care of the REAL problems and stop being distracted by delibrately perceived "problems". Are they spreading AIDs? Are they terrorizing our streets with drugs, prostitution, and illegal immigration? Or... are they getting a good education, planning on working, willing to pay taxes, make contributions to charity, and spreading the warmth of compassion and good will? Hmmm...

Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 PM

i know, all those kids ruined by the sins of the adults

Old 05-02-2007, 10:23 PM

I wish there were more pressing issues than the fate of our Children, the lack of values and the growing immorality and crassness of our culture--but it is our number one priority as they are the future, if we are going to have one and the environment and war and economics pale in comparison.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:31 PM

28 posts, read 55,458 times
I'm 23, so I guess you could say I've seen the "progressive" change in schools. It's nice to see diversity without having it squashed by those who don't understand. It's great being able to see with your own eyes who people are. Yes kids try new things, in ways that the generations before are "shocked". Although if you look at the past generations people did try new things, of course it wasn't as open. This has happened in the past, it just wasn't aired around for the world to hear and comment on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies