Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How low can they go?
This is pretty low, can't get much worse 4 9.76%
Their hate has no bounds or limits of decency 29 70.73%
UnAmerican 0 0%
Inhumane 0 0%
2-5 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times

Advertisements

I think it can get worse, unfortunately.
Now if it were Rush Limbaugh or Newt Gingrich...they would be off limits from such comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I did not say anything about him that was not true nor did I wish him dead or wish any bad upon him but I will not change my views of him because he is dead. I didn't say he deserved to die or that I wish he had but again I will not get all warm and fuzzy over the guy now just because he is dead.
I never said you did. I was AGREEING with you.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:19 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
I expect then, that no more derogatory comments will be made about Hitler or Mao since they, too, are now dead

Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 AM

459 posts, read 804,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
So what kind of responses do you think you would have if Bush died tomorrow? Hmmmmm?

People are speaking the truth about him should we just forget because he is dead?

Will you let Bush off the hook that easy when it is his turn?

Bush dead eight years ago would have been the greatest thing to ever grace this earth. Just think no 911, no Iraq war, no recession. we would still have a surplus. Why can't Bush, limbaugh, hannity, and beck all die in a plane crash like lynard skynard

Old 08-28-2009, 04:02 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
nice choices OP.. you're only pandering to like-minded people

Old 08-28-2009, 04:05 AM

674 posts, read 1,620,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Do you consider the unrelenting attack of a man who just died of brain cancer to be inhumane or simply unAmerican? Has a floor been established for the mean spirited hate bestowed upon the internets, or can these obnoxious people get even lower?

WHO are we referring to here?

Old 08-28-2009, 06:31 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I think its a little disingenuine to try to paint him as an icon, but maybe its also time to just bury the guy and maybe even forgive his failings.
He was a human being. Maybe he did some things that good, and some were pretty rotten and maybe his intentions weren't always in the right place. We've all done some pretty bad things, maybe not THAT bad, but nobody's perfect. Senator Kennedy was a politician, and politicians have friends and enemies. We'll have to let God pass judgement on him, nothing we say now matters.
But make no mistake, the left has absolutely no moral high ground to lecture ANYBODY on treating the dead with disrespect or to decry hate speech.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:53 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
nice choices OP.. you're only pandering to like-minded people

Absent. Absent-minded people. Well....I guess that would be like-minded too, huh?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:15 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Do you consider the unrelenting attack of a man who just died of brain cancer to be inhumane or simply unAmerican? Has a floor been established for the mean spirited hate bestowed upon the internets, or can these obnoxious people get even lower?
I swear I dont understant the worship of politicans. People that are paid basically to lie to you. I also dont understand the worship of celebs either.

Yes he passed away and may he rest in peace and his family find the strength but lets not act like the man was a saint or that he deserves something more then the other Americans that passed away yesterday. Where is your thread to honor them?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:58 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
While there is truth being spoken there is even more opinion interjected.
And opinions truly do not matter. For those who run their mouth to continue on shows their lack of character but also brings them down to the level of the wrongs they are saying of the deceased.There comes a time when enough is enough and you let someone's Soul rest. Those that can not do that are simply juvenile.
That should also apply to those trying to silence any criticism that they do not like.

The entire OP was totally slanted and should have given any reasonable person pause. It is asking for vehement argument.

If you wish to honor Kennedy, do so without attack on others.

If you wish to attempt to diminish Kennedy, do so in a reasonable, not attacking, mode.

After all, in spite of the tone of the OP we do still have free speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies