Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:32 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You say this as though it is a bad thing. Maybe, for some unknown reason, YOU think of Saul Alinsky as the "boogie man" but there are millions of us who think of him as a truly honorable man who did so much good for so many people. I only wish that the President were more like Alinsky.
Feel free to go out and do good for as many as you like. Just do it the honorable way. on your own dime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 08:20 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Feel free to go out and do good for as many as you like. Just do it the honorable way. on your own dime.
The rest of us don't want to live in a society that has poor houses and orphanages and disabled people begging in the streets and old people eating dog food. So we don't really give a crap about what you think is "honorable." We want to have a society that deals with those issues.

Tough for you, I guess.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:55 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Between the new NEA initiative and the Pyongyang Remix 'Yes We Can', Obama doesn't need to be playing daddy to america's kids.

I agree, I sure do not want him speaking to my kids.

I want my kids to listen to someone who has actually accomplished something for America and not for himself and his agenda.

My kids wont be listening to the moron, there is nothing he has to say that is worth the waste of their time.

Now, getting back on topic, Obama is following the Saul Alinksy handbook and the left wing loons have no answer to that?

The left wingers here are Chirp chirping all of a sudden.

What??? no defense of the ObamaScare man?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:33 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I agree, I sure do not want him speaking to my kids.

I want my kids to listen to someone who has actually accomplished something for America and not for himself and his agenda.

My kids wont be listening to the moron, there is nothing he has to say that is worth the waste of their time.

Now, getting back on topic, Obama is following the Saul Alinksy handbook and the left wing loons have no answer to that?
The left wingers here are Chirp chirping all of a sudden.

What??? no defense of the ObamaScare man?
Wrong again Sunny. I DID have an answer to the idea of Obama following the Alinksy handbook. My answer was, and is, that I wish he would. I think Saul Alinksy was a good and honorable man who helped many and harmed none. I wish that ANY politician could say that. So, there is your answer from the left.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:38 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Wrong again Sunny. I DID have an answer to the idea of Obama following the Alinksy handbook. My answer was, and is, that I wish he would. I think Saul Alinksy was a good and honorable man who helped many and harmed none. I wish that ANY politician could say that. So, there is your answer from the left.

Amazing that incarcerated blacks choose Islam over Marxism.

Not really, I guess.

One is left and one is right.

Don't know which one depends most on force to bring about "good".

Old 09-03-2009, 08:52 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
The rest of us don't want to live in a society that has poor houses and orphanages and disabled people begging in the streets and old people eating dog food. So we don't really give a crap about what you think is "honorable." We want to have a society that deals with those issues.

Tough for you, I guess.

Some of us are fluent in Alinsky.

Thanks for staying on subject idahgie.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:17 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Default Obama and the Alinsky model

Quote:
In the Alinsky model, "organizing" is a euphemism for "revolution" -- a wholesale revolution whose ultimate objective is the systematic acquisition of power by a purportedly oppressed segment of the population, and the radical transformation of America's social and economic structure. The goal is to foment enough public discontent, moral confusion, and outright chaos to spark the social upheaval that Marx, Engels, and Lenin predicted -- a revolution whose foot soldiers view the status quo as fatally flawed and wholly unworthy of salvation. Thus, the theory goes, the people will settle for nothing less than that status quo's complete collapse -- to be followed by the erection of an entirely new system upon its ruins. Toward that end, they will be apt to follow the lead of charismatic radical organizers who project an aura of confidence and vision, and who profess to clearly understand what types of societal "changes" are needed.
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i...asp?indid=2314

Obama and his radical army are following this model to the "T"

We are in deep "doo doo", America. Obama said, just prior to winning the election "We are just five days away from 'fundamentally changing' America".

Old 09-05-2009, 08:09 AM

94 posts, read 107,061 times
I think this administration is too inept to pull this off. We, those who love our country and our freedom, became wise too quickly, and I believe they weren't expecting this. Now they must create a crisis situation to further their agenda. But whatever it may be, the American people will believe it was wholly created or manipulated by the white house. It's sad to say, they aren't trust worthy. But Obama did that himself with the people he hired, and the destruction he's caused among the American people through his words and deeds. The name calling from his administration to people who disagree with him, that was the silliest and most non professional thing he could have done. The cop situation where he rushed to judgment, that said a lot about who he is as a person. I would say more but my arthritis is acting up

Old 09-05-2009, 08:36 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i...asp?indid=2314

Obama and his radical army are following this model to the "T"

We are in deep "doo doo", America. Obama said, just prior to winning the election "We are just five days away from 'fundamentally changing' America".
I definitely see the Internet playing a decisive roll in resisting this attempt to overthrow our constitutional form of governance. People are generally better informed because of it, and that makes pulling the wool over our eyes more difficult in the long run. It would seem the Rockefeller bill is a center piece of their long-term strategy.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:43 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomotive View Post
I think this administration is too inept to pull this off. We, those who love our country and our freedom, became wise too quickly, and I believe they weren't expecting this. Now they must create a crisis situation to further their agenda. But whatever it may be, the American people will believe it was wholly created or manipulated by the white house. It's sad to say, they aren't trust worthy. But Obama did that himself with the people he hired, and the destruction he's caused among the American people through his words and deeds. The name calling from his administration to people who disagree with him, that was the silliest and most non professional thing he could have done. The cop situation where he rushed to judgment, that said a lot about who he is as a person. I would say more but my arthritis is acting up
If anyone in this world will stand up and defend against this, it will be the American people. We will not stand for this. At least I know I won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies