Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 01:16 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That was seemingly the easiest case of non-reasoning I have seen in some time.

"Easiest case?" Check your usage. "Easiest case" would apply to...I dunno...an attorney's wetdream? "Easiest case of non-reasoning" is, seemingly, antipathetic to reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many times in the last month have you seen Beck? One would think it must be every day since you seem to know so much about what he is saying these days. You have no idea other than what others here repeat from their left leaning blogs, like Kos, and what you see there.

Beck is trying to get enough people educated to what is going on to avert what could happen if everybody is like you and really won't even watch anything that could be anti-Obama.

Happy Kos reading.
Oh yeah, Beck is so informative. Last night, I learned that the USSR donated a sculpture that sits behind the UN building, which itself sits on land donated by Rockefeller, whose name adorns a building where NBC is located. Oh...scary stuff.

What a loon. I guess such "knowledge" is right up your alley.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:25 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
I wish animals could sue humans. We would not have a penny left in our pockets if it were possible. As for brainwashing, religions do that often.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:25 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,287,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
LMAO! Do you people even realize how ridiculous you sound? Talk about being brainwashed.

Opposition in the primaries...totalitarianism...

OMG. How stupid can a post be. Do you know what totalitarianism is? Do you know what elections are? Do you understand how one precludes the other? Maybe you need to sit with those school children and learn a thing or two.

When protesters are being shot, like they were in Iran a few months ago, then you can claim totalitarianism. Opposing someone you support is not totalitarianism.
Strong-arm tactics to insure everyone falls into the political "line" is just a step in the direction of total control of the political process. Think what you will,...and "pooh-pooh" as you will, but if you condone the activities that are documented FACTS, then you're just as ignorant as the rest of the sheeple who follow this empty-suit leader.

Obama speaking directly to the American students bothers me in that it is a captive audience, and there is no guarantee that it will be nonpolitical in nature. Maybe the Teleprompter Kid should tape the address, let the parents see the content of the speech, and then determine whether it is something they wish their youngsters to view in a captive audience situation.

After all, school is for learning,...not indoctrination. And YES,...it does smack of totalitarian practices.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:27 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
When I send my kids to school, the teacher has the right to speak to them in a captive audience. ( meaning they are not free to get up and leave whenever they want while she is speaking)

That is one rule a teacher can impose, never a president !

Old 09-03-2009, 01:31 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
Strong-arm tactics to insure everyone falls into the political "line" is just a step in the direction of total control of the political process. Think what you will,...and "pooh-pooh" as you will, but if you condone the activities that are documented FACTS, then you're just as ignorant as the rest of the sheeple who follow this empty-suit leader.

Obama speaking directly to the American students bothers me in that it is a captive audience, and there is no guarantee that it will be nonpolitical in nature. Maybe the Teleprompter Kid should tape the address, let the parents see the content of the speech, and then determine whether it is something they wish their youngsters to view in a captive audience situation.

After all, school is for learning,...not indoctrination. And YES,...it does smack of totalitarian practices.

--captive audience---

that and the fact they are kids

Old 09-03-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post

Speaking of smack, are you high?

If you're that paranoid, keep your kids at home that day. Lock them in the closet if you want. Problem solved.

Smack. Smack.

Remember those old drug commercials? What was it that was in the frying pan?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:35 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbirdoc View Post
Obama is not a lot like Hitler. Learn some history.

Good GOD!
Another poster who doesnt' have a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Natalay is actually making fun of the OP's first sentence, just like I did in my first post on this thread.
Sarcasm is wasted on those who take themselves too seriously.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:35 PM

243 posts, read 343,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Another poster who doesnt' have a clue.

Grow up

Old 09-03-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
--captive audience---

that and the fact they are kids
Oh yeah...Obama is gonna get them with his mind control ray.

Are you people insane? Did you go to school? Have you ever been in a classroom with children? I'm betting dollars to donuts that the younger children will be asleep before Obama's second paragraph, and the older kids will be gossiping before the speech begins.

Prozac. If that don't work, Thorazine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies