Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:29 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times

Advertisements

Okay, this one is for the people who profess to be Republicans. Regardless of how you would classify your self; moderate or as conservative as they come, are there ANY of you out there who find this revolt against the Presidents' speech utterly ridiculous? I don't care what liberals, independents or dems have to say, I just want to hear from the right on this...Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 06:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
The first draft of the speech, along with the "guided" lessons about obama, always about obama, were obviously inappropriate, since the WH has since revised both.

As the speech stands right now, I have no problem with it. I can do without the micromanaging that an ego like obama's requires (the after-speech BS), but overall I see nothing wrong with it.

It should not be mandatory and I would prefer it not interrupt the normal schedule.

An even better idea would have been to tape the speech, put it on his website and those that wish to watch could do so.

But with an ego the size of obama's, clearly that is insufficient. He must really believe his own press, that people are clamoring to hear from him.

I guess he has not seen the rating from his last pressers/town halls.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The first draft of the speech, along with the "guided" lessons about obama, always about obama, were obviously inappropriate, since the WH has since revised both.

As the speech stands right now, I have no problem with it. I can do without the micromanaging that an ego like obama's requires (the after-speech BS), but overall I see nothing wrong with it.

It should not be mandatory and I would prefer it not interrupt the normal schedule.

An even better idea would have been to tape the speech, put it on his website and those that wish to watch could do so.

But with an ego the size of obama's, clearly that is insufficient. He must really believe his own press, that people are clamoring to hear from him.

I guess he has not seen the rating from his last pressers/town halls.
Thanks for the honest response!
I know when I watched Reagan in elementary school, (I don't remember watching Bush), it was just what the schools did, no permission slips and I guess it was "mandatory" because it was a big deal at that time to watch the President on TV! When Reagan went past our school on the way to the airport, we all stood outside waving American flags, I am assuming my parents had no say in that either I was just sharing, sorry to rant

Old 09-07-2009, 06:55 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Okay, this one is for the people who profess to be Republicans. Regardless of how you would classify your self; moderate or as conservative as they come, are there ANY of you out there who find this revolt against the Presidents' speech utterly ridiculous? I don't care what liberals, independents or dems have to say, I just want to hear from the right on this...Thanks!
People don't trust Obama , no one knows much about him.
When are the Troops comming home? When does he stop giving the very rich our money and tax them like he said?
How old is he 52 or 48 ? need more ?
I did not care as much as other Republicans I know .
Poor kids are thinking "old people overload" .

Old 09-07-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
People don't trust Obama , no one knows much about him.
When are the Troops comming home? When does he stop giving the very rich our money and tax them like he said?
How old is he 52 or 48 ? need more ?
I did not care as much as other Republicans I know .
Poor kids are thinking "old people overload" .
Good points...

Old 09-07-2009, 07:45 PM

817 posts, read 853,365 times
Quote:
Most republicans aren't like what is portrayed on the news but most people are to lazy to think for themselves.
Same goes for the other side.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Most republicans aren't like what is portrayed on the news but most people are to lazy to think for themselves.
Same goes for the other side.
Thank you, truly. I guess the point of my post is to find the Republicans with whom I can actually discuss a topic with openly, and with respect to the other sides opinion. You are right, there are wackos on both sides of the fence, but I believe there are more of us in the middle who get drowned out.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:51 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
I could care less about the speech.

The lesson plan guidance sent to teachers is what is beyond troubling.

History should dictate how Obama is taught in schools, not narcissism coming from the White House.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:55 PM

817 posts, read 853,365 times
Quote:
Thank you, truly. I guess the point of my post is to find the Republicans with whom I can actually discuss a topic with openly, and with respect to the other sides opinion. You are right, there are wackos on both sides of the fence, but I believe there are more of us in the middle who get drowned out.
Yeah I guess that's my point. Everyone is to busy watching tv when what they show is such a small percentage of the fringe. But people assume it's the norm, which it isn't but I guess normal people don't make for dramatic news stories.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
The lesson plan guidance sent to teachers is what is beyond troubling.
They are just too cute by half, obama and his band of merry idiots.

Like teachers and parents really need him and his team to lay out the lesson of his speech. His ego is massive and requires feeding on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies