Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 12:19 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,334,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh. Well, you would be wrong. It's more like having conversations with coworkers who have fascinating, and sometimes horrifying, stories to tell about what they experienced during the cleanup. I've noticed that those who want it to have been a controlled demolition don't even know the basics. I am always astounded by how many don't even seem to know what Fresh Kills is.

I know it's hard for people who haven't experienced a near-death-moment to get, but once it happens to you, silly crap like "towing the company line" doesn't mean much. I realize the world works like that on TV, though.
You folks simply RATHER that the company had nothing to do with it.

Could be, you're just spewing RATHER BLATHER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 12:21 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,832,098 times
Who cares what a crap-for-brains lowlife druggie like Charlie Sheen thinks?

Old 09-14-2009, 12:24 PM

88,638 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You folks simply RATHER that the company had nothing to do with it.

Could be, you're just spewing RATHER BLATHER.
Could be, but it's not.

But to prove my point, on the way out that day, listening to the steel shrieking and banging inside the wall, I did say to the person I was with, "That's it, I am NOT working in this &*#@! building anymore!"

And I kept my word.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Who cares what a crap-for-brains lowlife druggie like Charlie Sheen thinks?
That's pretty strong language for some in Scranton!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:29 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,815,599 times
Quote:
Problem with Richard Gage and all his petition signers (I ran through the list) is that the only one with the remotest connection to the WTC is one retired electrical contractor who worked on the original WTC construction.

There are no architects or engineers in his camp out of the hundreds that were in the buildings on September 11 and/or worked on the pile for the ten months afterward. No, they do not work for the federal government, either, and the idea that they are keeping silent because they are afraid of losing their jobs is laughable.

So...it's down to believing professionals I know who were actually hands-on vs. others in a related profession from across the continent looking at videos and saying THEY know better.
http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/analysis/design.html
Statements by Engineers

Engineers who participated in the design of the World Trade Center have stated, since the attack, that the Towers were designed to withstand jetliner collisions. For example, Leslie Robertson, who is featured on many documentaries about the attack, said he "designed it for a (Boeing) 707 to hit it." Statements and documents predating the attack indicate that engineers considered the effects of not only of jetliner impacts, but also of ensuing fires.

John Skilling was the head structural engineer for the World Trade Center. In a 1993 interview, Skilling stated that the Towers were designed to withstand the impact and fires resulting from the collision of a large jetliner such as Boeing 707 or Douglas DC-8.

[Mod edited for copyright]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 09-15-2009 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 09-15-2009, 10:04 AM

88,638 posts, read 84,911,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Statements by Engineers

Engineers who participated in the design of the World Trade Center have stated, since the attack, that the Towers were designed to withstand jetliner collisions. For example, Leslie Robertson, who is featured on many documentaries about the attack, said he "designed it for a (Boeing) 707 to hit it." Statements and documents predating the attack indicate that engineers considered the effects of not only of jetliner impacts, but also of ensuing fires.

John Skilling was the head structural engineer for the World Trade Center. In a 1993 interview, Skilling stated that the Towers were designed to withstand the impact and fires resulting from the collision of a large jetliner such as Boeing 707 or Douglas DC-8.
[Mod edited for copyright]
Interesting. Yet I can tell you firsthand how horribly damaged that building was after the plane slammed into it. Apparently, they just never anticipated the scenario that actually came into play on September 11, 2001.

It's also interesting how the truthers love to particularly use Frank DiMartini's words to bolster their theory, yet completely avoid mentioning his very last radio transmission from up high in the building. It wasn't "Dang, I hear explosions!" but "The core is collapsing."

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 09-15-2009 at 02:02 PM..

Old 09-15-2009, 10:57 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,905,859 times
Makes you wonder if 10 towers would all collapse the exact same way had they been hit by 10 planes. Too bad we can't set up that experiment on a small scale. Hell, make it 20 towers. See if they all come straight down.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:10 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,815,599 times
Quote:
Interesting. Yet I can tell you firsthand how horribly damaged that building was after the plane slammed into it. Apparently, they just never anticipated the scenario that actually came into play on September 11, 2001.

It's also interesting how the truthers love to particularly use Frank DiMartini's words to bolster their theory, yet completely avoid mentioning his very last radio transmission from up high in the building. It wasn't "Dang, I hear explosions!" but "The core is collapsing."
'Horrible damage' does not pulverize concrete, turn massive steel beams to butter, and bring buildings down at free fall speed into a nice little footprint - controlled demolitions do.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:30 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,104,207 times
I wish these under-educated and egocentric actors would stay up on the stage where they belong. Sheen's questions are all old-hat, conspiracy nutjob points. Not one of them is compelling or has not already been answered. 9-11 is eight years old, people. Let's move away from the insdie finger-pointing and groundless conspiracy theories and do something constructive. Hindsight is always 20/20. The world was a different place pre-911 and the drastic security measures taken today simply were not deemed as necessary. One can look at any disaster in our country's history, natural or manmade, and nitpick about what we could have done BEFORE it happened.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I wish these under-educated and egocentric actors would stay up on the stage where they belong. Sheen's questions are all old-hat, conspiracy nutjob points. Not one of them is compelling or has not already been answered. 9-11 is eight years old, people. Let's move away from the insdie finger-pointing and groundless conspiracy theories and do something constructive. Hindsight is always 20/20. The world was a different place pre-911 and the drastic security measures taken today simply were not deemed as necessary. One can look at any disaster in our country's history, natural or manmade, and nitpick about what we could have done BEFORE it happened.
But we are looking at WHAT DID HAPPEN before it "happened" . .

YouTube - New NEWS - BBC Video - WTC 7 - Prior Knowledge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies