Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the depression over?
Heck no. What are you dumb? 52 62.65%
Not really but it is gradually improving somewhat. 28 33.73%
Yes. It is over. We all have jobs now. 0 0%
Yes. It appears that things are back to normal although some are without jobs. 5 6.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 06:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah ... and 3rd quarter is almost over (3 weeks left to go). Why do you think they made the statement about revising their sales forecast UP? You think maybe it has something to do with the fact that they've looked at what their sales have been for the past 2+ months. It's up nearly 10% from what they were predicting just a month ago! CLEARLY sales are PICKING UP.

You are simply looking for ANY excuse to deny the obvious.
Why is that?
Are you letting your political beliefs color your common sense (ie thinking "there is NO WAY that Obama is not going drive the country into the ground!")?
Ken
LOL..no I'm not. Their sales have increased in Asia. I'll wait to see their numbers.

Dell, on the otherhand, has come out with their earnings and revenue was up. They also cut expenses by 12% and layed off over 11K employees.
I look at numbers like that to see when the turnaround will happen.

BTW..I'm neither Republican nor Democrat so no, politics are not getting in the way. I look at numbers based on 12 years working on Wall Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 07:32 AM

7 posts, read 9,902 times
Well according to This questionnaire: www.recessioncounter.com/country/UnitedStates , USA, for example, is the last country in the world, which will come out of recession. Apparently it is based solely on people's opinions, but the fact, that basically 75% of 100% USA citizens think, that recession is not over yet and 17% of them think, that it will not even be over until 2-3 years, is not realistic. I have no idea, whether people have serious financial problems, or they just don't think realistically.

Last edited by BeatThT; 12-11-2009 at 07:53 AM..

Old 12-11-2009, 07:50 AM

436 posts, read 908,264 times
I have hard stats that we won't recover for at least 5 years and unemployment will get a lot worse.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
We're not in a depression so we can't come out of one. It's a recession but unemployment extensions are keeping everyone afloat. They have no idea what a real depression would be like -- hint -- it wouldn't be every middle school kid with a camera cellphone with unlimited text messaging, it wouldn't be Walmart parking lots filled with cars and shoppers knocking each other down to grab up the deals and the malls jammed packed with shoppers. It wouldn't be fast food restaurant meals 5 times a week.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:16 AM

436 posts, read 908,264 times
The depression will really begin when the government money finally runs out as this cant go on for ever, and LA has a lot more homeless people, and many are just walking away from mortgagees. I would say at least California is in a depression, with many school closures, never thought I would see that happen.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:24 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
This question depends on where you live in the U.S. The West Coast has been hit hard. If you knew some one who had lost a home and 3 others who lost jobs since obama took office, then my question to you all would be no. Unemployment is still rising here in L.A. CALIFORNIA home prices are still falling at the fastest level in the Nation. In Riverside Ca, home sales have been on a rise and housing deflation is showing signs of recovery, due to tax credits for purchasers. When these efforts expire housing deflation is projected to get worse in RIVERSIDE, ONTARIO, AND SAN BERNARDINO CA. Does not sound to promising. Here in California.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
That depends on what part of the Country you live in, the WEST COAST has been hit very hard, high unemployment, a surge of bank owned, foreclosed, and short sales bombarding us each and every day, with so many new. Vacant houses that are not selling. Spending down, People i know have got rid of there stocks, so i would say Yes for the West Coast.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:43 AM

7 posts, read 9,902 times
Ok... this is getting worse and worse look at this:

do you seriously think that these results reflect the real thoughts of USA people? Almost 2000 say, that recession is not over yet. I agree with the other 400, who still have their senses and see, that this idiotic and pushed up story of a killer recession is nonsense. But people earn money on that. Come on people and come to your senses!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies