Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:06 AM

351 posts, read 375,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hot Air » Blog Archive » Did Obama provide a “reset” on health care with speech?

The only thing obama can do now is try and find those opposed to his takeover of HC and demonize them.
Too late, that ia already being done by the anti uhc fanatics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 07:10 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
What about companies that cannot afford to continue with the same benefits to their employees?

Why is the President putting a start date of 2013 on this? Why is he waiting til after his next election campaign to "make it happen?"

Why is there no mechanism to actually lower the cost of healthcare? Why isn't pharma addressed and restricted?

Why does it take 1000 pp to do what a few pages would do? For ex., we all agree - let's eliminate the cap on life insurance and prohibit denial of coverage due to pre-existing conditions. That would take only a few pages of legislation and could be passed immediately. Instead, these simple to rectify measures are not being addressed separately - and are thrown into this huge bill and won't go into effect til 2013. Why? I don't get it!

I have been saying since the Kennedy/Dodd bill's release in June that this was not healthcare reform - it is an insurance mandate with a lot of pork thrown in (for public service announcements and such).

Does anyone still think this is healthcare reform? Still looks like insurance mandates to me. This President said he would reform healthcare. I believed him. Now I am totally perplexed.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:13 AM

I have now watched several anti Obama "pundits" say how ridiculous Obama's plans are and then in the next breath say that they want the same but using different sentences.
Even the rebuttle last night straight after Obama said he was upset that Obama didn't include certain things but Obama had addressed these points in his speech I think that's what we call "arguing for the sake of arguing".

Old 09-10-2009, 07:13 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
Too late, that ia already being done by the anti uhc fanatics.
Um, excuse me - not trying to be disrespectful here - but what about this bill says "Universal Healthcare Coverage" to you? This is an insurance mandate. I believe you are using the wrong terminology. Universal healthcare is a wholly different system. The Pres. said last nite that he was not going to go that direction. So UHC is not even up for discussion.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:15 AM

Obama is negotiating with the big pharmaceutical companies and he has had quite a bit of success with them as far as lowering costs. He is moving the ball forward whether the fear mongers like it or not.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Um, excuse me - not trying to be disrespectful here - but what about this bill says "Universal Healthcare Coverage" to you? This is an insurance mandate. I believe you are using the wrong terminology. Universal healthcare is a wholly different system. The Pres. said last nite that he was not going to go that direction. So UHC is not even up for discussion.
The speech last night put a govt provision for healthcare for anyone who falls between the cracks. This, at the moment, is not a uhc but is a means to and end to give all of us health cover. Until last night the smear tactics wre very much anti uhc, in case you haven't been watching or listening.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:55 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Section 246 of HR3200 prohibits spending any money on non legal residents of these United States.
And other laws require that they receive treatment without paying.. meaning that indeed the taxpayers will continue to pay with higher costs. We just wont be paying directly..

Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
You know,they say if one repeats a lie enough times,people will start to believe it! Sickening,isn't it?
Yeah, liberals need a lie told to them once by Obama to believe it though, like the one that implied that taxpayers wont continue to pay for the illegals..

Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 AM

46 posts, read 55,635 times
If that were Hillary Clinton, she would have responsed to Joe Wilson.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panter88 View Post
If that were Hillary Clinton, she would have responsed to Joe Wilson.
If you watch the video, Obama almost did, he turned, pointed, and then had to pause...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies