Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about obama 9 months into it?
I approved 9 months ago and still approve. 36 42.35%
I approved 9 months ago and do not approve now. 13 15.29%
I did not approve 9 months ago and now do approve. 1 1.18%
I did not approve 9 months ago and still do not approve. 31 36.47%
I have been neutral. I do not approve or not approve. 4 4.71%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:36 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm Mike View Post
Easy, Barack Obama was mentored in Hawaii by Frank Marshall Davis - Communist. Barack Obama worked with William Ayres - Communist. Barack Obama hired Van Jones - Communist. Barack Obama is on friendly terms with Communist leaders in South America - Ortega, Chavez to name a few. Barack Obama has stated "If you want to know what I believe, look at who I surround myself with." Need I say more?
But did he say or have you proof that HE is a communist? Not who he has around him. I know people that have retards around them all day long, does that make them a retard? NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:38 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Easy, Barack Obama was mentored in Hawaii by Frank Marshall Davis - Communist. Barack Obama worked with William Ayres - Communist. Barack Obama hired Van Jones - Communist. Barack Obama is on friendly terms with Communist leaders in South America - Ortega, Chavez to name a few. Barack Obama has stated "If you want to know what I believe, look at who I surround myself with." Need I say more?
I have a bunch of heterosexual friends and I'm a lesbian.
I have a bunch of Christian friends and I'm an atheist.
I have a bunch of white and Hispanic friends yet I'm black.
I have friends that drink alcohol but I don't drink alcohol.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:42 PM

127 posts, read 403,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Are you in the White House running our country? This country was wisely founded on capitalism(although sometimes imperfect), so commies should start swimming for Cuba or N. Korea. Communism has killed 200 million people throughout history - read about it.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
But did he say or have you proof that HE is a communist? Not who he has around him. I know people that have retards around them all day long, does that make them a retard? NO.
Maybe you need to re-read what Obama said about the people he surrounds himself with. If his commie friends are so non-threatening, why didn't he make them cabinet membersand not czars? Oh that's right, even the limp dish rags in the Senate would have shot them down.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Are you in the White House running our country? This country was wisely founded on capitalism(although sometimes imperfect), so commies should start swimming for Cuba or N. Korea. Communism has killed 200 million people throughout history - read about it.
No country has a completely capitalistic system. I would hate to see our lives if capitalism left unchecked ran everything.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Just think what our fore fathers went through to get here away from English royalty and most all of them were Free Masons

Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
No country has a completely capitalistic system. I would hate to see our lives if capitalism left unchecked ran everything.
I agree, it shouldn't be unchecked. No business deserves that kind of trust. I also don't trust the government. Communism is a blood thirsty philosophy, when implemented, crushes the people and makes them slaves a la North Korea. I can't think of one Communist country where citizens are allowed to leave. Can you?

Old 09-10-2009, 06:51 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times
For the most part, I am still very happy with Obama. I do not agree with the bail outs, or not bringing the troops home NOW. I wish he would quit trying to be the nice guy and get the health reform through, with the public option. I wish he was a bit tougher when it comes to the Republicans and their whining and such, all in all, pleased with my choice.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I agree, it shouldn't be unchecked. No business deserves that kind of trust. I also don't trust the government. Communism is a blood thirsty philosophy, when implemented, crushes the people and makes them slaves a la North Korea. I can't think of one Communist country where citizens are allowed to leave. Can you?
I don't think Obama is a Communist.
I don't think we're on the path to Communism.
Business is running so much in this country, it's not even funny. I truly worry for the lower and middle class of this country.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I don't think Obama is a Communist.
I don't think we're on the path to Communism.
Business is running so much in this country, it's not even funny. I truly worry for the lower and middle class of this country.
I am in the middle class and I know we need a successful upper class(my business in particular and many others depend on them). You can't save everyone in the lower class, it would be nice, but it isn't possible. Some people's circumstances and motivation levels are beyond help. This isn't being mean, this is reality. If George Bush had outright Klansmen friends, wouldn't that make you uncomfortable? Obama has stated he wants a National Civilian Defense Force, this is a Communist concept, and it is scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies