Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 03:52 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
What are the top three things that you think are true that America isn't ready to realize? Or what is true that Americans live like it's not true?

I'd say that both China and the radical Islamic communities are huge threats to our nation, that the media is influencing an entire generation in the wrong direction, and that there are probably cures or prevention methods for AIDS and cancer that don't make enough money in treatment, or are too expensive for the average person to pay for (Magic Johnson has to be some sort of proof).

Yup, good points. I think, even after 9-11, most Americans still feel untouched by terrorism, still feel relatively safe and oblivious. That is a mistake. I believe the media is also a rampant backwash of crap based on emotionalism leading to ratings (look at Rosie...her ratings were actually good *puke*) and just plain bias. Another huge subject no one wants to talk about is the youth of America (related to education, morality, etc); lots of complaints, no real solutions. Scary...youth today are parents tomorrow...literally, in too many cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 03:53 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
Default Top Three Worries

1. China a major threat to the U.S. Americans are so thrilled they're getting cheap stuff from China. Melamine is not only in pet food, it's our food chain now. The administration has cut FDA inspectors. Only about 1% of imported food is inspected. A country that can't grow it's own food is in sad shape. We might consider China as our loan officer. They own about 40% of our debt.

2. Terrorism will never be controlled because it's an idealogy not a country we can bomb. It's a law enforcement problem. I fear a terrorist attack will come across the ocean in a shipping container. I also agree with Florida's #2. If we weren't so concerned about being a super power and patrolling/controlling the world we would have money to spend on our own infrastructure I think we're up to $500 billion now on this war.

3. The destruction of the middle class in this country caused by greedy corporations shipping jobs overseas and hiring cheap labor over here.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:08 PM

222 posts, read 691,320 times
Default my 3

1. America's Most Wanted can find almost anyone in the world however no one
has found Osama bin Laden

2. The news will skew things so that Americans will believe anything that they say

3. Even when we say a country is our enemy, we are still willing to supply them with financial means.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:45 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
1. There will be another civil war within the next 20 years
2. Emerging diseases (MDR-TB, etc.) will become an increasing threat
3. If we do not get illegal immigration under control, we will become a Third World country

Old 05-01-2007, 08:00 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,336,177 times
after reading this, i see the greatest challenge to America's future as not being able to make enough tin foil hats to go around! :P

Old 05-01-2007, 08:03 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
after reading this, i see the greatest challenge to America's future as not being able to make enough tin foil hats to go around! :P

Never fear, containers full are on the way from China even as I type

Old 05-02-2007, 04:45 PM

746 posts, read 1,325,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
What are the top three things that you think are true that America isn't ready to realize? Or what is true that Americans live like it's not true?
1) That the Fed is a rip off to take money from honest hard working Americans and pass it on to the lazy rich who seek to control and dominate the rest of the world - the Fed should be abolished right now, also there is no need for the internal revenue service - they are servicing themselves with our money;

2) That bush and the rest of the neocons are responsible for the 911 inside job blowing up of the WTC's, the OKC bombings, the false flag invasion of Iraq, the influx of immigrants, locking up innocent people, confiscating bank accounts and homes with no just cause and much more - the biggest threats to Americans are the terrorists who are leading us down the path to disaster - not some guy who is living in a cave in Afganistan;

3) That the military, owned by the neocons is performing daily military operations on U.S. citizens and the rest of the world, without our approval, and funding it with tax money they get from us through deception and false pretenses. This includes the HAARP, Gwen cell tower and chemtrail exotic weapons systems that they try to pass off as being "water vapor".

It is time for us the people to wake up, speak up, stand up for what we believe in, stop enabling them, stop listening to their network news brainwashing, and put a stop to their ridiculous madness before they wipe us off the face of the earth.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:13 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,960 times
1. Illegal Immigration.
2. The outsourcing of American jobs.
3. That the public school system is a mess and kids are out of control. Today they are running the schools instead of the other way around.

And for kicks (but it's true)

4. The fact that there aren't enough drive through Starbuck's around. Why do you have get out of your car and walk into so many??? I have two little kids for crying out loud.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:14 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,375,504 times
I believe some of our problems are more internal - we, as a people and as a nation, have not developed nor truly educated ourselves. We can not seem to get beyond some of the most fundamental issues - one is racism. I don't think we are ready to face ourselves and resolve the growing and dire issues within our country on pretty much every level. Examples besides racism, bigotry, education, access to decent health care, to name a few.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:09 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlvs2run View Post
1)
2) That bush and the rest of the neocons are responsible for the 911 inside job blowing up of the WTC's, the OKC bombings, the false flag invasion of Iraq, the influx of immigrants, locking up innocent people, confiscating bank accounts and homes with no just cause and much more - the biggest threats to Americans are the terrorists who are leading us down the path to disaster - not some guy who is living in a cave in Afganistan;

What are "neocons"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies