Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:26 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
Because there is no indication that this man did this because the person was anti-choice. Most people are either pro-choice or anti-choice. If someone shot and killed me tomorrow it wouldn't make news as a pro-choice being shot, unless there was indication that it was done solely for that purpose.

Dr. Tiller, was shot in cold blood, in his Church, by an Anti-Choice nutbag. And on top of that, anti-choice people claim to be people of God, yet they have a habit, on rare occasions, of bombing, shooting, and assassinating those who perform abortions and their clinics, which is a bit of a contradiction.
I'm not anti-choice, I'm anti-abortion.....I'm pro-choice in the sense that I believe in a woman's right to choose not to spread her legs, and in the man's right to choose to keep it in his pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 10:28 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
It is because the national news is so unabashedly LEFT, it is ridiculous !!

Especially NBC News w/ Brian Williams!!
?

No one knows the reason yet.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
Quote:

1. it is being covered in the national news
2. this guy is not well known outside his community.
3. his name was only released an hour and a half ago.
4. no one knows yet why he was killed.

that last fact hasn't stopped the "christian news wire" from scheduling a press conference dedicated to pouillon's "martyrdom" in an hour: http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/7095011511.html

if he was in fact killed over abortion that bears discussing. but we don't know that that's the case yet!

Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Let the Googlng begin.

Edit: name appears mispelt - should be "uo" Michael Fuoss

Fuoss Gravel - Owosso, Michigan (MI) | Company Profile

the gravel pit!

His company? His father's/relative's? Well-off... interesting.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:32 AM

192 posts, read 219,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'm not anti-choice, I'm anti-abortion.....I'm pro-choice in the sense that I believe in a woman's right to choose not to spread her legs, and in the man's right to choose to keep it in his pants.

And I agree with you whole heartedly on that point, as well. But the problem is, is that Christians only want to teach abstinence only education. So if abstinence fails, then these kids have no idea what to do with themselves. Abstinence only educators are known for giving misleading statistics about the effectiveness of condoms. If anti-choice people don't want abortions then they need to offer a comprehensive education in avoiding pregnancies.

I fully agree that young ladies and young men should keep it in their pants until they are either married or financially stable. The problem is, is that the media seems to encourage sex as often as possible. It makes me sick how they manage to fit sex into every single TV show they possibly can, rather than make an interesting story line.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:33 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
the connectmidmichigan site says that michael fuoss was the president of the gravel company.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:35 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
And I agree with you whole heartedly on that point, as well. But the problem is, is that Christians only want to teach abstinence only education. So if abstinence fails, then these kids have no idea what to do with themselves. Abstinence only educators are known for giving misleading statistics about the effectiveness of condoms. If anti-choice people don't want abortions then they need to offer a comprehensive education in avoiding pregnancies.

I fully agree that young ladies and young men should keep it in their pants until they are either married or financially stable. The problem is, is that the media seems to encourage sex as often as possible. It makes me sick how they manage to fit sex into every single TV show they possibly can, rather than make an interesting story line.
I agree, and as far as abstinence-only sex ed or regular sex ed, I'm really not a fan of any of it in schools. I think sex is a private issue that should be up to the parents. Unfortunately, a lot of parents are lazy or absent and don't teach their kids about sex, and that is a shame. It's a tough issue.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:41 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I agree, and as far as abstinence-only sex ed or regular sex ed, I'm really not a fan of any of it in schools. I think sex is a private issue that should be up to the parents. Unfortunately, a lot of parents are lazy or absent and don't teach their kids about sex, and that is a shame. It's a tough issue.

Kids are pounded with the "have sex sex sex" in the media, in the movies, well everywhere, all from liberals. Maybe is hollywierd and the media would focus on showing the truth about having sex before you are prepared emotionally and financially kids would get the message that sex too early is not a good thing.

I won't hold my breath for any liberal to be responsible though.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:44 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
There is no indication from any of the info that I have seen so far that it is related to his prolife stance. It more than likely is relationship-related.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:48 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:

Anti-abortion activist killed near school - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Man in custody for 2 fatal Owosso shootings | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com (http://www.freep.com/article/20090911/NEWS06/90911020/1319/Owosso-police-look-into-two-murders - broken link)

Police: Mich. man kills 2, including ... - Google News

So much for your theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies