Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you? Could you?
Yes. A salary that high would be worth being a publicly known as a proven liar. 5 12.50%
Yes. The opportunity to advance my agenda by appealing to the miguided/uneducated would be worth being publicly known as a proven liar. 1 2.50%
Maybe. It would depend on the actual salary and what kind of distortions/lies my employer would expect from me. 2 5.00%
No. I could never continually lie to a misguided/uneducated audience on a daily basis for financial or political gain. 27 67.50%
I don’t know. 2 5.00%
Other. 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 PM

296 posts, read 273,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
If a news network or media organization offered you a salary in the $Millions (ala Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, etc), would you have a problem distorting the truth and flat-out lying to your audience on a daily basis, in an effort to promote your employer's extremist political agenda?

Would the financial gain, the opportunity to be "famous" and/or your own extremist political ideologies be enough for you to abandon any sort of personal integrity or professional ethical standards?
has anyone ever told you that the polls/threads you start are very poor quality? You are always full of hate and insist on bashing everything you do not agree with. I think you should maybe seek some assistance and take a break from trying to stir things up.
BTW, this may be my second post, but it doesn't mean I haven't been reading this for years...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 PM

742 posts, read 1,228,724 times
Quote:
If a news network or media organization offered you a salary in the $Millions (ala Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, etc), would you have a problem distorting the truth and flat-out lying to your audience on a daily basis, in an effort to promote your employer's extremist political agenda?

Would the financial gain, the opportunity to be "famous" and/or your own extremist political ideologies be enough for you to abandon any sort of personal integrity or professional ethical standards?
sure its called realtime with bill maher and don't forget michael moore

Old 09-11-2009, 10:25 PM

742 posts, read 1,228,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Bush did it for far less than a million.
and obama is continuing the legacy

Old 09-11-2009, 10:27 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Replace Beck, Hannity and O'Reillys names with Pelosi, Reid, Cheney and Helms etc... and you just might have a valid point.

The truth is that it is our dear public servants who have sold out for millions - they are the ones who knowingly and repeatedly lie to the people that they are sworn to serve. Yet you let them off the hook - or should I say that you let 'your guys' off the hook. Why is it that? Do you believe that your guys don't lie? Aren't corrupt? Or just that they lie less and aren't quite as rotten at those 'other guys'?

I read so much absolute crap on here about how stupid those repugs are and how stupid those democrats are and you know what? You get the government you deserve - and you people who are so happy, hell I'd even go so far as to say enthralled with the notion of belonging to a team that you will excuse and overlook all the many times you have been lied to and successfully manipulated into not questioning the status quo.

But hey, have fun throwing insults and sweeping generalizations about while Rome burns. If it entertains you and distracts you then you have done your party proud.

** this post is not just to Politico though it started out that way, but includes anyone who has ever typed 'the ________ are all stupid'.
I don't think anyone one here would argue that politicians are not generally corrupt. However, that is not the topic of this thread. This thread pertains to employees of news networks and media organizations getting paid $millions to knowlingly lie and mislead their audiences on a daily basis.

If you would like to discuss the corruption in Washington, by all means, start another thread. In the meantime, please stay on topic in this thread. Thank you.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 PM

296 posts, read 273,481 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone one here would argue that politicians are not generally corrupt. However, that is not the topic of this thread. This thread pertains to employees of news networks and media organizations getting paid $millions to knowlingly lie and mislead their audiences on a daily basis.

If you would like to discuss the corruption in Washington, by all means, start another thread. In the meantime, please stay on topic in this thread. Thank you.
No it doesn't! It only pertains to one, FOX News. the people you listed all worked for FOX News. Like I said before, you have hatred towards certain things and you insist on starting new threads on it all the time (76 so far). I find that odd.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,258 times
Quote:

How many millions has CNN paid to Lou Dobbs to spread lies?

How many millions did MSNBC pay Tucker Carlson to spread lies?

How much is MSNBC paying Pat Buchanan to spread lies?

What grade is politico in? I'm guessing 6th or 7th. LOLs.

If you don't like Fox then don't watch Fox.

I don't like ESPN so I don't watch ESPN. It's works pretty good for me. You should try it. LOLs.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
What about Lou Dobbs?
What about him?

Quote:
If your theory about FOX News watchers is true because Glenn Beck is on there then the same can be said about CNN viewers.
Ok...and?

I never claimed anything to the contrary. I just chose to highlight FOX's penchant for employing liars, since it seems to be the most obvious example of such dishonest broadcasting to most people. That, and FOX has the largest viewing audience (as FOX viewers constantly point out on C-D).

Quote:
How come nobody on the left criticized CNN for having the Glenn Beck show on there for years? What about Tucker Carlson on MSNBC. Another right wing kook. No polls about him either? Guess you just are filled with hate towrds FOX. I have a sloution. Don't watch FOX and all your worries will go away.

Why no hate mongering towards CNN viewers?
See above.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
has anyone ever told you that the polls/threads you start are very poor quality? You are always full of hate and insist on bashing everything you do not agree with. I think you should maybe seek some assistance and take a break from trying to stir things up.
BTW, this may be my second post, but it doesn't mean I haven't been reading this for years...
I respectfully disagree.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
No it doesn't! It only pertains to one, FOX News. the people you listed all worked for FOX News. Like I said before, you have hatred towards certain things and you insist on starting new threads on it all the time (76 so far). I find that odd.
No, it doesn't pertain to only one network. FOX has simply been the network that most people have automatically attributed the concept of "lying hosts" to, in this thread.

The people I listed all work for FOX, true, but I did add in that pesky "etc," which left the topic open for discussion of additional hosts/networks. As I previously mentioned, however, only FOX has been brought up and discussed (until now, of course). Interesting.

Um...ok. Evidently, I've started 76 threads over the course of my C-D membership. Your point?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Interesting and at the same time paradoxical that you are calling the OP out on his post. The people that the OP is calling out are in fact doing exactly what he is accusing them of. For a most recent example, just today, Limbaugh insulted the very people that pitched in and gave their all to help their fellow Americans on 9/11.

Limbaugh Outraged Obama Declared 9/11 Day Of Service, Calls It A Step "Towards Fascism"

Let's just pause right there. Rush is referring to a statute passed earlier this year -- a statute a majority of Republican Senators voted in favor of -- establishing a "September 11th National Day of Service and Remembrance." It's also curious that Rush didn't have a similar problem with President Bush, who routinely called on Americans to volunteer on 9-11 during his tenure. The spirit of Obama's message today is nothing new, and in our minds, nothing controversial. But Rush didn't agree.

Limbaugh Outraged Obama Declared 9/11 Day Of Service, Calls It A Step "Towards Fascism" | Media Matters for America

What does a person like Limbaugh know of service while he sits in his mansion raking in a $40M annual salary for shilling. Do you think that this guy has not sold his soul to the corporate powers that be to make a salary of this size? How dare he minimize and denegrate the services that people perform for nothing more than the desire to help others in times of need and to display respect for civic duty. What has this shill done for his country? He is self serving, hate spewing entity that will meet up with his karma and the fate that lies in wait for him will be one worthy of a sleaze.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-11-2009 at 11:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies