Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:52 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

Anyone else notice the distinction? Just another useful idiot to throw under the bus when "your side" of the WWF has the belt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 06:54 AM

136 posts, read 107,672 times
I do notice that she's no longer covered in the media now that we have a different administration. Just calling it like I see it folks.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:59 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
She is not a loon. She is a mother who lost her son in a war. Get off her case.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:03 AM

Sheehan: Where Are the Anti-War Democrats? | Drudge Retort (http://www.drudge.com/news/124391/sheehan-anti-war-democrats - broken link)

I like the comment:

"The dems rode the anti-war movement like a filthy w***e to get them through the dark night of the bush presidency, but when they saw the light of day on the horizon (gaining the majority in 06), they abandoned her for their wife (the status quo) just in time to make it to church (continuation of Bush's policies and policies in the same vein) on Sunday morning."

Old 09-12-2009, 07:16 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Sheehan: Where Are the Anti-War Democrats? | Drudge Retort (http://www.drudge.com/news/124391/sheehan-anti-war-democrats - broken link)

I like the comment:

"The dems rode the anti-war movement like a filthy w***e to get them through the dark night of the bush presidency, but when they saw the light of day on the horizon (gaining the majority in 06), they abandoned her for their wife (the status quo) just in time to make it to church (continuation of Bush's policies and policies in the same vein) on Sunday morning."
Yes Democrats used her and they used the anti-war platform, does this surprise you? Once in office they were cast aside like one throws away a used condom.

However, don't kid yourself, because I watched Republicans throw Ron Paul, Christopher Buckley, and a mile long list of traditional and moderate conservatives under the bus just because they wouldn't support McCain.

So do not delude yourself into thinking any political faction has a lock on using people and groups for political purposes such as votes. Its politics of our day and if these people are willing to toss prominent people under a bus, what reason would the average person think they the party they support today gives a damn about them?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:19 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
I have found respect for Cindy,the media and the {D} party made her a star and though they threw her under the bus she keeps protesting.She has rose above their despicable hypocrisy and was protesting in Martha 's Vineyard when Obama was there.
How can you put the lady down? she stuck to her convictions and does not care if the media or the {D}s showed their true colors= blatant hypocrites.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:26 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
She is not a loon. She is a mother who lost her son in a war. Get off her case.

She is a loon. She had little to do with her son and used his death as a political bargaining chip. That is vile and disgusting and is a desecration of her son's memory, who was a patriot. She does not speak for her son, as he is dead. Yet stealing his sacrifice for one's own use is sickening. She is as ugly as a bear's ass inside and out and I am glad she has faded away to her liberal land of delusion.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:39 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,861,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
She is a loon. She had little to do with her son and used his death as a political bargaining chip. That is vile and disgusting and is a desecration of her son's memory, who was a patriot. She does not speak for her son, as he is dead. Yet stealing his sacrifice for one's own use is sickening. She is as ugly as a bear's ass inside and out and I am glad she has faded away to her liberal land of delusion.
Wow, that's so harsh. Have you lost a son in war? You can't define how any mother should act after her son's death. She has a right to channel her anger and sadness in any way she deems is helpful to her. You have no right to say how anyone should grieve.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:40 AM

Adam Kokesh is running as a conservative Republican for US Congress in NM and entails some of the same philosophies as Sheehan. He's also an Iraq war vet. God bless the man.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:55 AM

136 posts, read 107,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Yes Democrats used her and they used the anti-war platform, does this surprise you? Once in office they were cast aside like one throws away a used condom.

However, don't kid yourself, because I watched Republicans throw Ron Paul, Christopher Buckley, and a mile long list of traditional and moderate conservatives under the bus just because they wouldn't support McCain.

So do not delude yourself into thinking any political faction has a lock on using people and groups for political purposes such as votes. Its politics of our day and if these people are willing to toss prominent people under a bus, what reason would the average person think they the party they support today gives a damn about them?
Your post is ENTIRELY accurate. No political party has a lock on using people TN. I've tried to preach this time and time again but most on the fringes of either party don't wish to listen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies