Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:13 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Don't get upset. Poverty is no skin off your (or Rush's) butt.
Especially liberals!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 12:15 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Especially liberals!!!
Your point is..................

Old 09-14-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Your point is..................
Liberals only use the poor for their own gain....especially for political power

Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Nice try...If you had read the complete article...it stated in the end the following:

"The new poverty numbers don't reflect the downturn of 2009, when unemployment has reached almost 10 percent. "That means there's worse news to come."
You still think Obama has been in office for 11 years...even other repugs know that's not true...

The downturn did NOT start on Obama's watch and you know that...don't you???...er maybe not.......that condition....

Old 09-14-2009, 12:34 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Hows all that hope and change working out for you...
Try to look beyond your hatred of the president and you''ll see your statement is foolish. Have you ever taken an ECON class or read a book on economics?

Old 09-14-2009, 12:39 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Who gives a flying fart when this economic downturn started? I believe the question to ask is . . . when is it gonna end and how bad will things be before it finally ends?

I hope Obama is successful b/c our SURVIVAL is dependent on it. Doesn't mean I agree with his policies! But he has the power - I don't - so whatever he does - I sure the hell don't want things to get worse.

Seems folks are so vested in shifting blame . . . no one is paying attention to the solutions - and how bad it is gonna get b/f it gets better.

And what happens if it DOESN'T get better for years down the road?

Old 09-14-2009, 12:46 PM

370 posts, read 440,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Here in my neck of the woods - Charlotte, NC - we have as many if not more GOP out of work than DEMs. We have one of the highest unemployment rates in the whole country.

No one is going to say "kill yourselves." We are all trying to figure out how to get businesses up and running . . . or where to move to find work.

I wasn't being flippant about this at all . . . we are genuinely concerned in this region. Jobs are gone - outsourced or simply eliminated. Folks are gonna start running out of benefits. Our state fund ran out months ago.

I live in Michigan so I know something about the lousy economy.

Ive looked for work all over the US and even moved out to Arizona for a job that didnt pay enough to find a place to live.

Ive offered to work for free went to bartending school (offered to bartend for free) only to be told you need experience to have any shot at getting a job.

Im not being flippant at all about Republicans view on people out of work.
Also Clinton and Obama are not for the working class. Even this morning Obama stated he wants to expand trade with other countries. Of course he states he believes in fair trade blah blah but thats just lip service.

So either way our country is screwed. Of course Ill be called a doom and gloomer but not everyone has the know how to start a business but that doesnt make them any less productive members of society. Some of the hardest workers Ive ever met werent exactly the brightest people but they had a great work ethic.

So with that said what are our choices? At least the Dems want some type of safety net for the citizens they destroy. The Repubs blame the victim who want nothing more than to make a honest living.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:09 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Members of the "I've got MINE club" will never understand just what poverty can do to a noble soul. : (

Old 09-14-2009, 03:15 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I'm sorry but I don't have time to listen to more blame music while the ship sinks. I'm already in a lifeboat called a small farm preparing my family to live with some dignity rather than die pointing fingers.
It is a paper from a professor. So you want to be ignorant and not learn about the situation?

Old 09-14-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
You still think Obama has been in office for 11 years...even other repugs know that's not true...

The downturn did NOT start on Obama's watch and you know that...don't you???...er maybe not.......that condition....
Duh...Really...my original point was that his policies will make things worse....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies