Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Believe Leftists, Marxists, Obama-Lovers are terrified that our Tea Parties are growing, and
yes 57 46.34%
no 60 48.78%
other 4 3.25%
not sure 2 1.63%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 12:43 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
From what I can see, the DC Rally last weekend just might be the beginning of the end of the teabag movement. With greater widespread coverage, both the good and the bad are exposed. For some people who were merely considering some of the ideas of the teabag movement such as opposing healthcare reform in its present format, or czars, or some specific policy, this demonstration will be a real turn off. No one in their right mind would want to be associated with some of these flat out crazies.

Sometimes a little sunshine is a good thing.
Your analysis could not be more wrong. I was there and part of it and I can tell you that everyone there was energized and the people watching us who were on the fence have already expressed that they are going to get off the couch and join in. So..to all the doubters out there, you are going to be very surprised at what is about to happen next...keep watching
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 12:51 PM

3,198 posts, read 13,105,608 times
I must sadly agree Wdavid002. The only thing tea parties have proven to me is how easy
it has been to manipulate a party that was once known for great thinkers. They knew that
a real capitalist supported social safety netting because it loosen the money... people will
not spend if they are in fear of their basic life needs not being cared for.

So how do you convince million of people to spend and not save?

For goodness sakes, how blind can one be to these basic principles... if a party of rich men
are now convincing you you don't need to promote social programs anymore, then what
they are really telling you is, they know you can no longer spend... social programs are to
relieve people of a need to protect their future from a rainy day... people saving and
protecting themselves from a rainy day does not serve an investor or banker.

sighs...

if people are going bankrupt over medical expenses... as an investor I want that solved so
that they can spend, can use that money to spend on products... I win as an investor.

They buy, my stocks go up, they go into more debt, and the taxpayer money is spent on
rainy day worries. Why people cannot see the relationship I don't know.

The Indies are the ones growing.

rare

Old 09-17-2009, 12:55 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,715 times
You ran out of real estate chief.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:04 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Do You Believe Leftists, Marxists, Obama-Lovers are terrified that our Tea Parties are growing, and moderate Democrats will listen to their message
I do not believe it is they are terrified. I think its combination of arrogance and sticking their head in the sand and not caring. They think the Tea party people are uneducated and therefore really do not matter. They Do not care about them because they think their power is endless. By thinking the power they have is endless they are sticking their heads in the sand.
Arrogance in the fact they believe they are right and because they currently have power they can do whatever they want.
their arrogance keeps them from being terrified, after all why be terrified of people you would rather put down then listen to.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:53 PM

24 posts, read 24,916 times
They won't bother me.
Well, as long they don't gather up a bunch guns and barricade themselves inside some Baptist church like they did in Waco Texas. See, that's when things will get really scarry in downtown Oklahoma City. Since then it was a TAX increase that built much of what's down there. IE the Brick Town Ball Park. The Canal, the Bait shop and so on. I can only imagine these tax HATERS really have all kinds of ill towards these buildings. That's when you won't catch me down there.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:53 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
What is so bad that you don't want your child around them?

I could see it, if it were some drunken orgy or something, but the ones around here are just hard working people fed out with being crapped on.
I should have been MORE clear, its not just their politics, its how they SHOVE it and force it on everyone around them and of course they are UBER religious, this is another thing I don't want around my daughter.

I am trying to teach my daughter that people have different ways of looking at things, these people approach life and people in general that their way is the righteous way whether they are talking religion or politics. They have in general a disrespect for our president, something that I have told my daughter no matter what party the president is from, you owe him your respect and loyalty as an American. If you disagree with them thats fine but don't be disrepectful to the people who run the country.

One of the families, the wife was hiring my daughter to come and babysit her child so the Mother could get drunk off her azz. I wasn't aware of this at first then my daughter told me what was going on. She no longer is allowed to babysit for this Tea Party woman.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:02 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,394 times
Actually your tea parties look like a joke to most people.

First of all, they are full of extremely redneck types. Very crude and uneducated trashy people.

Second, there are at least a dozen different issues being protested at the same time. So it's just a disorganized mess of different causes with no solid message.

It's just a bunch of conservatives who are angry that we have a liberal, black president. That's all it is.

You all should have protested against your knight in shining armor, George W Bush. Because he is the #1 person who caused this mess we are in.

Last edited by TheCaliforniaBear; 09-19-2009 at 07:11 PM..

Old 09-19-2009, 07:05 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babby pueblo View Post
As a Marxist-Leninist and a radical leftist activist, I feel that unless they start bringing bombs instead of ar-15's they aren't worth more than a few laughs, no matter their numbers.
You left out "votes" in your skewed assessment. Bombs and AR15's mean nothing, but the votes do mean something.

How convenient, and typical of the Obamatron Nation.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:05 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Do You Believe Leftists, Marxists, Obama-Lovers are terrified that our Tea Parties are growing, and moderate Democrats will listen to their message
Nah! We aren't terrified. And your message is all over the map.

You're even losing the mainstream Republicans.

BTW, name calling stopped working in about the third grade.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:09 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Your analysis could not be more wrong. I was there and part of it and I can tell you that everyone there was energized and the people watching us who were on the fence have already expressed that they are going to get off the couch and join in. So..to all the doubters out there, you are going to be very surprised at what is about to happen next...keep watching
I agree. The fence-sitters are getting more involved. They are excited about helping to bring their country back. They keep asking me when our next March on Congress will be.

I think next time, we can have well over 3 million American patriots standing shoulder to shoulder with our little American flags.

Let the Lefties, Marxists and Obama-Lovers keep laughing and making jokes and insults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies