Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:16 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times

Advertisements

Notice that the thread does not say a great president. He was not in fact a great president because he was an outsider in Washington and refused to use political arm twisting to push legislation and he made several bad decisions as president. However, personal attacks on this man are completely without merit. In my opinion, he is one of the finest people ever to be president. Here are just a few things about the former president that people on CD do not mention.

1. Nobel Peace prize winner
2. He negotaited a peace treaty between Israel and Egypt.
3. Founded the Carter Center a non profit human rights center -
4. A key figure in habitat for humanity
5. Graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy and served on a submarine in the U.S. Navy.
6. Business owner and Successful farmer.
7. A Christian who was never mired in political scandal for adultery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 07:26 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Notice that the thread does not say a great president. He was not in fact a great president because he was an outsider in Washington and refused to use political arm twisting to push legislation and he made several bad decisions as president. However, personal attacks on this man are completely without merit. In my opinion, he is one of the finest people ever to be president. Here are just a few things about the former president that people on CD do not mention.

5. Graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy and served on a submarine in the U.S. Navy.
You will get much agreement from third world dictators and terrorists!

Old 09-18-2009, 07:33 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:

He certainly lives his beliefs.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:36 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
A Christian who was never mired in political scandal for adultery.
I am not sure if doing what you are supposed to do anyway qualifies you for greatness.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:37 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Horrible president, second to only one.

He's a terrorist sympathizer as well.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

he's a terrorist sympathizer as well.
bs.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I am not sure if doing what you are supposed to do anyway qualifies you for greatness.
Doing what you are supposed to do is very difficult. I could name countless politicians who could not.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:48 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Doing what you are supposed to do is very difficult. I could name countless politicians who could not.
That would make them hypocrites and liars. It makes Jimmy Carter normal. Unless you would like to describe me as great for I have done the same.

You sound like Chris Rock when he makes fun of those guys who go around wailing and boasting that they have a job and he responds by saying don't brag about what you are supposed to do anyway!

Anyway, Jimmy Carter is a very good man for the most part who has done some impressive things. No argument there. But he simply was not a very good President, so describing him as great is a stretch.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:48 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:

You should include in your list: Anti-Semite

Old 09-18-2009, 08:04 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
You should include in your list: Anti-Semite
yeah not sure "nobel peace prize winner" is anything to brag about anymore, kofi annan, yasser arafat, al gore........I guess carter is right at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies