Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:44 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

I can probably say alot of nice things about him as a person, but he was the Commander in Chief, he was President of the United States, and per his performance and execution of his responsibilities, I can say nothing good about him. His performance was so abysmal that I can find nothing positive to comment on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,053 times
He made me laugh.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This is in response to the righties on the "Say something positive about Obama thread" who, like 6th graders, won't say anything unless we say something about Bush. (can we say "neener neener") So here it goes.

1. Despite his communication skills, his folksy demeanor was endearing.
2. He had a very nice wife and two daughters who turned out well.
3. He was gracious, helpful and classy toward Obama during the transition and been that way since, unlike his vice president and other Republicans.

There. I took away their excuse. I even wrote down three of 'em! Now let's see if the conservatives' hate wing creates another one for not complimenting Obama.

See ya!
mackinac
I disagree with number one. It drove me nuts and came across as phony, to me.

Numbers 2 and 3 I agree.

Also, he liked bicycling and after one spill he got himself up, got back on, and rode back.

History can't be rewritten, but I wonder what his presidency would have been like if he'd had a different VP, or if the first Gulf War hadn't happened.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:59 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
From a libertarian, I can say that I liked his decision on Brown v Board of Education, his idea on a national sales tax to eliminate the income tax subjecting many poor people to relentless IRS audits. That's about it.
what was Bush's decision on Brown v Bd of Education?

1. He was energetic
2. Seemed to have a good sense of humor - fun at parties
3. Nice wife
4. Didnt seem actually vicious
5. Kept in shape
6. Was a dutiful son

Old 09-20-2009, 10:06 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Things can only go down from here.

too late, they were going down as gw was finishing his term, and now they are falling off a cliff now that pbo is in office,

Old 09-20-2009, 11:19 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
One good thing about George Bush ?

He made skid row bums sound like Einsteins.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:40 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,936 times
When Bush said something , every last American knew where he stood on the subject .
What bush said he would do , he did .
Bush was not a lawyer.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:42 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Calling all liberals!! Can we say something positive about George W. Bush?

He's gone!
Indeed. I can't think of anything nicer than that.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:51 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post

1. Despite his communication skills, his folksy demeanor was endearing.
2. He had a very nice wife and two daughters who turned out well.
3. He was gracious, helpful and classy toward Obama during the transition and been that way since, unlike his vice president and other Republicans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
1) Although I disagreed with most of his policies I always felt his decisons were heartfelt, misguided IMO but heartfelt.

2) He was smart enough to realize his family was more important than a drink.

3) He's had the decency to remain silent about his successor since leaving office.
I agree with these comments, especially the ones I put in bold. But, as someone else said, I wasn't a fan of the folksy act.

I do think GW was a good person who, in my opinion, executed his job very poorly.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:54 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
When Bush said something , every last American knew where he stood on the subject .
What bush said he would do , he did .
Bush was not a lawyer.
He would have never been able to pass the bar. I liked that he liked baseball. Obama throws like a girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies