Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:16 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
[b]
I agree so much with this...he isn't saying anything but bashing the previous government which is hurting Obama him self....
People like GWB. I know that's hard to believe for some of the posters, but it was obvious at that recent football game when he flipped the coin at the beginning of the game. Granted the game was in Texas, but I suspect there is still a lot of goodwill for Bush, and it will only get deeper as we watch this current president flounder at his job.

And while I didn't vote for Obama and oppose almost everything he's doing, it's bad for America to have a weak president. He needs to get off TV, kick Rahm out of the Oval Office and try running the place himself. Cultivate a little mystery and uncertainty, keep the media on it's toes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 12:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This, coming from a big, big liberal. Even they are starting to notice his failure. But, here he is, ready to jet to Copenhagen to lobby for the Olympics - stay home and start governing.

Enough TV, Mr. President. How About Governing? | Newsweek Voices - Howard Fineman | Newsweek.com

I would argue with that first sentence. He is so overexposed, it is sickening. The man has the most gigantic ego I have ever seen, as the author here eludes to.

You will find that a running theme is his speeches. I, I, I, me, me, me.

This article = epic fail for obama. Read it, digest it, look at the excellent examples from this liberal author.

The truth will set you free.

the world is starting to take note of what some of us saw even before he was elected. An empty suit, propped up by slogans and images.
yep, we just read the article.

Nita

Old 09-28-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
This, coming from a big, big liberal. Even they are starting to notice his failure. But, here he is, ready to jet to Copenhagen to lobby for the Olympics - stay home and start governing.

Enough TV, Mr. President. How About Governing? | Newsweek Voices - Howard Fineman | Newsweek.com

I would argue with that first sentence. He is so overexposed, it is sickening. The man has the most gigantic ego I have ever seen, as the author here eludes to.

This article = epic fail for obama. Read it, digest it, look at the excellent examples from this liberal author.

the world is starting to take note of what some of us saw even before he was elected. An empty suit, propped up by slogans and images.
yep, we just read the article.

To even want to be a politician you really do have to have an ego, but his takes the cake. Let' combine the words: ego and arrogant and see if we can come up with a word that truely defines him?

Nita

Old 09-28-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
You all must look for him.

I didn't see or hear about or of him all weekend.
Even the local news didn't mention him - (if they did, it was without picture or video of him).

Guess you must be watching for him.
Or was it the channel you were watching, did it's best to cover him 24/7.
only because it was a big football weekend and he is into basketball.

Nita

Old 09-28-2009, 12:47 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:

I'm sure you would love it if he disappeared from TV. too bad for you, he won't. I actually think the author makes some good points. I think you mostly missed them, though.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:52 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,949 times
Another bash Obama thread.
I kinda like his mug. it's better than the past 8 years of smirky dubya's.

He was great on Letterman's Show.
Since you haven't had enough of President Obama, here he is again.

YouTube - David Letterman and President Barack Obama - 09/21/09

Old 09-28-2009, 12:57 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I'm sure you would love it if he disappeared from TV. too bad for you, he won't. I actually think the author makes some good points. I think you mostly missed them, though.
Actually Iwant him to stay on tv and be him self...the more he does that the less votes he will get next time.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:24 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:

When he was done eludin' did he switch to some avoidin' ?

He probably figured most people are intelligent enough to TURN OFF what they don't want to see, YOU have proven him wrong.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:42 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
As much time as he spends ON TV......I wonder how much he prepares for yet....another pointless speech in front of a mirror.
I'm sure he watches every tape of himself giving another pointless speech.....over and over, until his next one....later that day.
Does he EVER sleep?
Or is sleep not necessary to those who are constantly plotting the END of a once....great nation?
With his daily presence on multiple channels that are already FULL of CRAP......I guess it's finally time to shut down my cable service once and for all!
DON'T think I'll miss ANY of it either!

LIBERATION!

Old 09-28-2009, 01:46 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
lol With Obama on tv so much it makes one to start to question if his supporters can think of their own that they need to see his face and listen to his voice so much to tell them how they feel and what to say

What other reason would you need to see him on tv 50 times over the same topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies