Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 02:04 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,845 times

Advertisements

Appearing before a crowd of Washington's elite power players and opinion-makers, Graham spoke largely without filter, offering acidic takes on subject well beyond Beck. The Senator called the birther community that questions the president's U.S. citizenship "crazy" and implored them to "knock this crap off" so the country could get on to more important matters.
"I'm here to tell you that those who think the president was not born in Hawaii are crazy," said Graham, who went on to dispel another myth: that Obama is a closet Muslim.

Read more at: Sen. Graham Calls Beck 'A Cynic' And Birthers 'Crazy'

Not a big fan of Lindsay but must say that this is rather funny...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 02:13 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Gee, if Lindsay Graham keeps MAKING SENSE, party leaders will have Limbaugh kick him out of the party -- and into the DEM camp.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:28 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,106 times
I love it...Graham doesn't like Beck because Beck is calling out both parties..and GOP and Dems do not like people who do not like our 2 party system. So Beck is an easy target for Graham. And by the way, Graham is a little too cocky ...he better grow some humility or he will find himself looking for work...

Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
I love it...Graham doesn't like Beck because Beck is calling out both parties..and GOP and Dems do not like people who do not like our 2 party system. So Beck is an easy target for Graham. And by the way, Graham is a little too cocky ...he better grow some humility or he will find himself looking for work...
That's why he is afraid of Beck, he's afraid Beck might wake too many people up and he will not get voted back in. He, along with all other DC politicians are in survival mode.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:38 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Graham has his own issues with his constituency to contend with.

I dont' watch a lot of Glen Beck, but what sort of attacks has he made on the GOP?

Old 10-01-2009, 02:46 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Hmmm. He didn't sound afraid. He sounded reasonable and serious. Y'all sure are quick to throw one of your own under the bus (to use one of your favorite expressions) when he calls out the nuttiness.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:48 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Hmmm. He didn't sound afraid. He sounded reasonable and serious. Y'all sure are quick to throw one of your own under the bus (to use one of your favorite expressions) when he calls out the nuttiness.
Yes, no less the wingman to the guy they all voted for in the last Presidential election....

Old 10-01-2009, 02:50 PM

480 posts, read 878,496 times
I disagree with Lindsay Graham on many issues, but I respect and admire him as a man of principle and integrity. I'm proud that Sen. Graham hails from my new home state, and I don't get to say that very often about SC politicians (on either the right and left). :-)

Graham made a lot of sense, and he noted that the fringe elements on both sides are doing and saying crazy things. It's good to hear another voice of reason in Washington.

Reflecting comments made earlier in the day by his colleague and close friend, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Graham said he was deeply worried about "the passions of cable TV" whipping up the emotions of the public. "If you get rewarded for being a jerk you are going to keep doing it," he said, before labeling "Talk radio, MoveOn.org, and the 24-hour news cycle" as the main culprits in polarizing the nation.

We've got to stop letting the extremists dominate our political dialogue.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Gee, if Lindsay Graham keeps MAKING SENSE, party leaders will have Limbaugh kick him out of the party -- and into the DEM camp.
He has pretty much made himself a RINO without any help at all. I will watch how he votes on the healthcare manure to determine if he has made the switch.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:51 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Graham has his own issues with his constituency to contend with.

I dont' watch a lot of Glen Beck, but what sort of attacks has he made on the GOP?
Based on what I've seen, which isn't much, he has no love for the GOP either. He sees the GOP as big government too, but just at a slower pace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies