Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:40 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times

Advertisements

The first Dem. elected in the 8th Congressional District of Florida in 34 years.

"this district has its first Democratic Congressman in 34 years. This district, and all of Florida, has gone red to blue".....

http://www.graysonforcongress.com/

Is it true that Republicans' idea of health care reform is for you to "die quickly"..........it certainly seems possible that's the case.

Congressman Alan Grayson, Representing the 8th District of Florida

Appears that Rep Grayson has also been taking on the issue of fraud by government contractors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 10:41 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
I found out that Rand Paul is running against a different Grayson. Darn it. Would definitely like to see this tin foil hatter wingnut out of office.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:46 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
I'll stand behind him on rooting out fraud, but the "die quickly" comment is unacceptable. I think he was hoping for Joe Wilson celebrity status, and nothing more.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I found out that Rand Paul is running against a different Grayson. Darn it. Would definitely like to see this tin foil hatter wingnut out of office.
LOL. Grayson seems to have the courage to really fight for a good health care reform bill. SOMEBODY needs to step up and speak directly. About time. If this guy is a "tin foil hatter wingnut" then we need a lot more of those! I like the idea of fighting against fraud for ALL government contractors. A Harvard educated lawyer seems like a good start in that battle. I'll bet you support fighting ACORN, but not other contractors who have committed fraud and broken the law like Blackwater.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'll stand behind him on rooting out fraud, but the "die quickly" comment is unacceptable. I think he was hoping for Joe Wilson celebrity status, and nothing more.
Did you read the Harvard study regarding what happens to thousands and thousands of people who get sick and have no health insurance?

Old 10-01-2009, 10:50 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
LOL. Grayson seems to have the courage to really fight for a good health care reform bill. SOMEBODY needs to step up and speak directly. About time. If this guy is a "tin foil hatter wingnut" then we need a lot more of those! I like the idea of fighting against fraud for ALL government contractors. A Harvard educated lawyer seems like a good start in that battle. I'll bet you support fighting ACORN, but not other contractors who have committed fraud and broken the law like Blackwater.
I support dismantling both fraudulent organizations. Sorry I don't fit neatly into your left/right paradigm. Grayson has no evidence to support his conclusion. Ergo, the tin foil hat comment.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I support dismantling both fraudulent organizations. Sorry I don't fit neatly into your left/right paradigm. Grayson has no evidence to support his conclusion. Ergo, the tin foil hat comment.
With that comment, Grayson drew attention to this:

http://pnhp.org/excessdeaths/health-...-US-adults.pdf

I don't think that's so "tin-foil-ish"...........

Btw, I don't think the "government" would be "dismantling" either ACORN or Blackwater. HOWEVER, the government absolutely should STOP GIVING THEM CONTRACTS = $$$$$$, really big money in terms of Blackwater and other defense contractors who have committed fraud .......

"The House of Representatives just passed a law to prohibit Federal funds from going to organizations that commit fraud against the government, in the form of Section 2 of the 'Defund ACORN Act' (http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3571/text). Congress has five days to put down a legislative history around this bill to help judges and lawyers interpret the law. This gives us an opportunity to make an impact with a deadline of this Friday (9/25). You see, regardless of what you think of ACORN, it is laudable to stop taxpayer money from going to organizations that commit fraud against the government. So as per the bill's text, I'm going to put into the Congressional record a list of organizations who have committed fraud against the government or employs anyone who has."

Old 10-01-2009, 11:01 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
His followup comment on CNN calling Republicans Neanderthals was unprofessional and juvenile. This type of speech does nothing to help healthcare reform.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:06 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
His followup comment on CNN calling Republicans Neanderthals was unprofessional and juvenile. This type of speech does nothing to help healthcare reform.
I disagree, it appears to be really embarrassing the Republicans, and they'd rather not let the facts about what they advocate come out.

I'm not saying they advocate a quick death, but by stonewalling on health care reform - pretending to want bipartisanship to gain favor with the average moderately-minded reasonable American voter, but actually drawing it out to its hoped-for defeat - they are sitting by while thousands will die due to their protection of the status-quo.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:07 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Interesting that his comments come from the Pro-Choice party.... He never mentions how many babies die every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies