Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:46 PM
LML LML started this thread

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times

Advertisements

If you have an illness in your family that results in such expense that it drives you into bankruptcy and costs you and your family everything you have worked for all of your working life....

If your child has an illness and the needed treatment is something your insurance company refuses to pay for and it costs your child their life.....

If you are laid off from your job, lose your employer provided health insurance and your new job is for half your previous pay and provides no health insurance......

If you have your own small business and can not get insurance coverage because you have a pre-existing condition and now you face a life ending illness with no way to obtain the needed treatment...

If you or your wife was in the middle of chemo treatment that can not now be continued because you lost your job and your insurance.....

Who should you thank?????

Thank the greedy insurance companies that believe that their CEOs have more right to million dollar paychecks than you have to your life or the lives of your families.

Thank the greedy elected officials of BOTH PARTIES who took the payoffs from those greedy insurance companies and sold you who elected them down the river

Thank the Republicans who cared more about defeating the President than they did about your life or the loss of all you own.

Thank the cynical talking heads who see the health of this country as just another way to rile up their audience and raise their ratings

and Thank your fellow citizens who are so foolish and so filled with hate that they are willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces because they obviously are too blinded to realize that life threatening illness can happen to them too and they too may face death and/or bankruptcy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 01:10 AM

430 posts, read 1,312,573 times
I will thank Medicare and Medicaid because when the government got involved in healthcare it screwed it all up.

There are avenues to seek for critical healthcare. Clinical research programs, non-profit agencies like St. Judes, Cancer Assoc., etc... and many other resources.

People need to get better educated about healthcare. There are other solutions to the mess of a health care system we have now. There are other ways besides government run programs.

I fall under the military healthcare system. Don't you recall all the horrible news stories about the VA? Let me tell you they kill people. Many, many stories. I have personal experience. Military system of care almost killed me except I was blessed enough to get a second opinion by a civilian doctor. Military doctors missed the correct diagnosis for 10 years. Then when my symptoms got so bad they treated me for something I didn't have. I finally went to a civilian doctor. Within 2 months of tests the civilian doctor ordered, I had life saving open heart surgery. Cost me money out of my own pocket, but if I waited for the military to get it right, I would have been dead.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:04 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
If you have an illness in your family that results in such expense that it drives you into bankruptcy and costs you and your family everything you have worked for all of your working life....

If your child has an illness and the needed treatment is something your insurance company refuses to pay for and it costs your child their life.....

If you are laid off from your job, lose your employer provided health insurance and your new job is for half your previous pay and provides no health insurance......

If you have your own small business and can not get insurance coverage because you have a pre-existing condition and now you face a life ending illness with no way to obtain the needed treatment...

If you or your wife was in the middle of chemo treatment that can not now be continued because you lost your job and your insurance.....

Who should you thank?????

Thank the greedy insurance companies that believe that their CEOs have more right to million dollar paychecks than you have to your life or the lives of your families.

Thank the greedy elected officials of BOTH PARTIES who took the payoffs from those greedy insurance companies and sold you who elected them down the river

Thank the Republicans who cared more about defeating the President than they did about your life or the loss of all you own.

Thank the cynical talking heads who see the health of this country as just another way to rile up their audience and raise their ratings

and Thank your fellow citizens who are so foolish and so filled with hate that they are willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces because they obviously are too blinded to realize that life threatening illness can happen to them too and they too may face death and/or bankruptcy

The hussein obama sheep care not that he and his criminal Democrat congress will not give Congress time to read the health care bill nor will they provide it for the citizens to read. Whining and insulting the people who are not swept off the feet for hussein obama will not help. Instead I suggest the hussein-obama-blind-trustiing-sheep confront their messiah and demand to know what is actually in the bill or what will be in the health care bill. The left do not even know considering it changes every time the liar opens his mouth.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:34 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruready1st View Post

I fall under the military healthcare system. Don't you recall all the horrible news stories about the VA? Let me tell you they kill people. Many, many stories. I have personal experience. Military system of care almost killed me except I was blessed enough to get a second opinion by a civilian doctor. Military doctors missed the correct diagnosis for 10 years. Then when my symptoms got so bad they treated me for something I didn't have. I finally went to a civilian doctor. Within 2 months of tests the civilian doctor ordered, I had life saving open heart surgery. Cost me money out of my own pocket, but if I waited for the military to get it right, I would have been dead.
Prove it! These are the types of unsubstantiated arguments being used in the health reform debate. The suckers fall for it every time.

How long were you in the hospital?
How much was the cash procedure?
What was the procedure?

Old 10-02-2009, 05:43 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
HR 3200 has been on-line for two months. Those right-wingers who have actually read it have managed to find death panels. Good work, boys...

Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
The anti government health insurance or care crowd are loath to provide facts because they do not have any. I agree with the OP and figure ruready made up that story because the kind of disease he claimed can be diagnosed by a first year intern. I doubt if it would be missed by the several VA doctors that treated him.

This debate is about money and how to use the government to protect the financiers using oligopolistic power to continue to extort money from everybody. It is not important if people get sick and go bankrupt and/or die under the current system. What is important is the perceived power of the insurance company executives and the privileged lives they lead.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruready1st View Post
I will thank Medicare and Medicaid because when the government got involved in healthcare it screwed it all up.

There are avenues to seek for critical healthcare. Clinical research programs, non-profit agencies like St. Judes, Cancer Assoc., etc... and many other resources.

People need to get better educated about healthcare. There are other solutions to the mess of a health care system we have now. There are other ways besides government run programs.

and you don't think this happens with civilian doctors? Of course it does. The last I heard, doctors were not gods and things, horrible things do happen. I am glad your problem was solved, but don't blame the military only.

I agree there are many ways to better our system and yes, our health system needs some changes but government isn't the answer...

Nita

Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you don't think this happens with civilian doctors? Of course it does. The last I heard, doctors were not gods and things, horrible things do happen. I am glad your problem was solved, but don't blame the military only.

Nita
In some cases, the military and civilian doctors and other heatlh care providers are one and the same! There is a doc who posts regularly on here who seems to be "moonlighting" for the VA. My daughter is a physical therapist in a civilian hospital in a military town; they get lots of people on Tricare.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:18 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

I agree there are many ways to better our system and yes, our health system needs some changes but government isn't the answer...

Nita
Yep. I was 'misdiagnosed' for 3 years and flown all over the US and Europe before a fresh out of med school pathologist recognized what I had. I had an organ removed, chemotherapy, nearly had radiation performed and multiple uncomfortable medical tests done by multiple doctors at multiple hospitals and all it took was a small town (14,000 residents...) pathologist to figure it out.

I'm really split on the issue of 'government health care'. On one hand, it would be REALLY nice to not have to worry constantly about losing my health insurance, but on the other...government tends to muck things up.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:21 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
I just had one visit to the ER, and two test to figure out why, total bill $13,000!

Who in the hell can pay $13,000 because not just because they thought they were sick but that they might be having a heart attack or a stroke and even worse yet to find out that there was nothing that they could pin point as being wrong in the first place! $13,000!!

I have insurance, thank god, but what if I didn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies