Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 03:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Wait a minute... Bush and Cheney are moderate Republicans. They certainly are not conservatives.
He was like all other Republican presidents. They call themselves conservatives, but as soon as they get to the white house, they start spending like drunken sailors and expanding the government.

The Bush Betrayal - Is George W. Bush a Conservative?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-03-2009 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: copyright issues, just use a link, please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 05:12 PM

18 posts, read 11,218 times
Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham are liberals. McCain is a loser, he had his chance to lead the GOP and it was an epic fail. Why would ANYONE listen to them about what to do????

Old 10-03-2009, 05:16 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Funny, McCain/Palin were up by approx 5 in the polls just before the financial mess came crashing down - of course the candidate of the party in the WH would be punished for that.

Call me paranoid - that crash cam at a most opportune time for Obama. Look for the man behind the curtain (Soros).
September 2008?

Snap out of it.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
September 2008?

Snap out of it.
I was responding to this; Her misconception of the election events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I happen to actually KNOW some who were delighted when John McCain ran for president and who donated money to him in the beginning. But as McCain sold out more and more of his ideals to the neo cons those people started re-thinking their decision to support him and when he selected Palin for VP it was the last straw. He lost both the Independents who had supported him the first time around and the moderate Republicans who had become disillusioned by 8 years of Bush/Cheney. I actually think that he could have won if he would have stayed true to his moderate stands and selected a better VP candidate.
McCain/Palin were in the lead, then the financial crash hit.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

Old 10-03-2009, 07:37 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
IMO it was George, the wizard of Oz, Soros who made the electronic run on the banks in attempt to crash our economy.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:41 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
September 2008?

Snap out of it.
McCain was lack lustre on the campaign trail compared to Obama while Palin, after a strong start, was increasingly a liability. She turned out to be a disastrous choice. On the other hand, Obama managed to keep Biden from being the liability that I though he could be and also effectively muzzled Pelosi, Clinton, etc. The Republican cause was not helped by a much stronger fund raising effort by Obama or by Bush taking much of the blame (rightly or wrongly) for the recession.

Truth is, Obama was gaining momentum while McCain was losing it and the credit crunch/Palin accelerated this.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:42 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He was like all other Republican presidents. They call themselves conservatives, but as soon as they get to the white house, they start spending like drunken sailors and expanding the government.

The Bush Betrayal - Is George W. Bush a Conservative?
That is because the realities of power always outweigh the ideology of our leaders.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:29 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
IMO it was George, the wizard of Oz, Soros who made the electronic run on the banks in attempt to crash our economy.
In your opinion that's what happened?

No one noticed this but you?

Old 10-03-2009, 10:41 PM

183 posts, read 115,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
It is!

I live in a very Republican area and I voted for McCain in the last election mainly because I thought he was more believable on the economy. But I know people who have voted Republican for the last 30-40-50 years who voted for Obama because of Palin and the "niche" she represents.

These shrill neo-cons are a real turn off for moderate Republicans like me.
People were turned off to republicans in 1977 and again in 1993.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:43 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Palin, Limbaugh, Beck … now it’s Republicans seeing the downside

Palin, Limbaugh, Beck â€Â¦ now it’s Republicans seeing the downside | csmonitor.com (http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2009/10/03/palin-limbaugh-beck-%E2%80%A6-now-it%E2%80%99s-republicans-seeing-the-downside/ - broken link)

Some moderate conservatives see danger in the vociferous right, especially among broadcast pot-stirrers. They want to advance the GOP by changing the tone.
[Mod edit for copyright]
Of course. It was bound to happen. As I said in a post yesterday, the Republican party is in a horrible state with behaviors they have exibited. The US has been embarrassed all over the world by their attitudes. They'll get no votes if they act like hooligans, unless their supporters are hooligans, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies