Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:10 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh, so you would have approved of an entire new federal agency?! Thought those were unconstitutional....

The new agency BS failed and Bush signed a bill authored by N Pelosi and cosponsored by all Democrats. By that time it was too late, naturally.

Also, I dont see a mention of Phil Gramm in your "Clinton forced the CRA down our helpless throats" diatribe.
The subject Michael Moore and many, many liberals have selected is President Bush Jr. They have, and do, accuse him continually of unspecified deregulation of the banking industry leading to our current financial mess. But that isn't what happened. It's a lie. It's a big lie that is repeated over and over as though fact, but it is a lie. Clinton removed the proven safeguards of the 1933 Banking Act with the disastrous results that we are now realizing. Bush did what he could to prevent the reckless actions at Fannie and Freddie. At the time he was criticized by the left for creating an issue that didn't exist. We can clearly see now that Bush was well ahead of the curve and acting in a responsible way to prevent a disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Wierd how in America if someone uncovers wrong doing in high places or exposes a bad system they are a "thug". I saw Hannity floundering a lot in the Interview. Moore was not inyimidated and it showed. He kept his head and Hannity found his "bully boy" tactics failed on Moore.

So it's OK if Moore lies as long as he does so confidently?

Old 10-08-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
A idiot is someone who thinks that only idiots fall foul to hard sell or manipulation.

I was offered an ARM when I purchased my house. I said no thank you because that would have irresponsible and risky on my part.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
LOL
Beck is great and makes total sense!

The left in America both hates and fears Beck. This one person without so much as a bachelor's degree has turned Washington on its corrupt ear.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:45 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The left in America both hates and fears Beck.
It's true, one day "the left" will be forced to bow to him.

http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2009/10/06/tomo/story.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-08-2009, 03:39 PM

Funny! But couldn't George Soros fund the completion of the clandestine underground volcano headquarters by simply selling a small part of his $600,000,000 worth of Haliburton stock?

Old 10-08-2009, 03:53 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Thats stange, I thought Moore tore Hannity a new one & so did the americans who watched the piece with me.
Moore won that battle. And quite frankly, both those guys annoy the hell out of me. But really, it's not too surprising. Moore is much more knowledgeable than Hannity. Hannity is a handsome face, nothing more. If they would have let Colmes actually make a point once in awhile, Hannity would have been outed as the fraud he is years ago. It

Old 10-08-2009, 06:03 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
The subject Michael Moore and many, many liberals have selected is President Bush Jr. They have, and do, accuse him continually of unspecified deregulation of the banking industry leading to our current financial mess. But that isn't what happened. It's a lie. It's a big lie that is repeated over and over as though fact, but it is a lie. Clinton removed the proven safeguards of the 1933 Banking Act with the disastrous results that we are now realizing. Bush did what he could to prevent the reckless actions at Fannie and Freddie. At the time he was criticized by the left for creating an issue that didn't exist. We can clearly see now that Bush was well ahead of the curve and acting in a responsible way to prevent a disaster.
And Phil Gramm figures into that, where?

And you would have approved of an entirely new (unconstituional! ) federal agency, but didnt approve of the Pelosi bill which Bush signed, why?

Old 10-08-2009, 06:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
So it's OK if Moore lies as long as he does so confidently?
What did he lie about?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:46 PM

459 posts, read 804,896 times
Quote:
The left in America both hates and fears Beck. This one person without so much as a bachelor's degree has turned Washington on its corrupt ear.

Whats the weather like in the little bubble you live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies