Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:37 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Thanks for that contribution. Nothing to directly address Obama's war policy, or are you just trying to scare people out of an alternative?
Obama's War policy ? You tell me. If I am the scariest thing people have to ever face in life, they are lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 08:41 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
I think we should stay in Afghanistan. However, we are going to have to work with tribal leaders, and establish some type of economy and legitimate government to do anything there. Otherwise we should cut the losses and leave.

Thats a big pill to swallow though.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:44 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Left wingers take care of all the death here at home with millions and millions of abortions.

hussein obama is just another warmonger.

Only left wingers have abortions ?

Millions of abortions = millions who will never have the opportunity to die in stupid wars for Corporate vultures.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:52 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think we should stay in Afghanistan. However, we are going to have to work with tribal leaders, and establish some type of economy and legitimate government to do anything there. Otherwise we should cut the losses and leave.

Thats a big pill to swallow though.
Yes and America will greatly benefit from this strategy.

Why is this America's duty?

Yes- It is time to cut our losses and leave.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:58 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Nation Building is not warfare its welfare and the continued idea that we know what is best. The nation we force this on and the surround nations might not agree causing with good intentions create more of a mess. WHY because we are not suppose to nation build.
Offer some assistance leave a few speical forces behind and kill Osama that is it.
If the people of that nation want CHANGE they have enough weapons on their own to make some changes.
ITs best we stay out of middle eastern politics.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Yes and America will greatly benefit from this strategy.

Why is this America's duty?

Yes- It is time to cut our losses and leave.
I agree.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:04 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Oh well, I suppose Obama is just another foreign policy neo-con
Finally, a paleo conservative. I don't believe most people who say they are conservative have any idea as to what a paleo conservative is....you obviously do.

It is unfortunate that many democrats will follow Obama no matter what he does. The one reason, the only reason that I voted for Obama was to get out of Afghanistan and Iraq. He has not done what I voted for him to do. I believe there were a lot of independents much like myself who voted for him on this issue. If we are not out of Afghanistan and Iraq by the end of his term, I would not look for him to get reelected. He certainly will not have my vote.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:17 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Finally, a paleo conservative. I don't believe most people who say they are conservative have any idea as to what a paleo conservative is....you obviously do.

It is unfortunate that many democrats will follow Obama no matter what he does. The one reason, the only reason that I voted for Obama was to get out of Afghanistan and Iraq. He has not done what I voted for him to do. I believe there were a lot of independents much like myself who voted for him on this issue. If we are not out of Afghanistan and Iraq by the end of his term, I would not look for him to get reelected. He certainly will not have my vote.
Democrats will be amazed how many people are in agreement with you at the polls.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:20 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Obama's War policy ?
Yep, Obama's war policy.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:41 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Obama is declaring peace on the Afghans.

Obama quietly deploying 13,000 more US troops to Afghanistan | World news | guardian.co.uk

Obama doesn't need those pansy peace loving liberals. That reminds me...don't forget liberals: vote Democrat in 2010!
It appears you know why Obama hasnt left Afghanistan. Care to expound?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies