Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 10:08 AM

301 posts, read 208,615 times

Advertisements

I read the Whitlock article and those quotes came from a book by another guy and Whitlock states that he could not confirm the authenticity of the quotes. He went on to say that those quotes were consistent with Rush's stick and with those racist comments Rush made on air regarding Donovan McNabb.

It's quite disturbing that people here go out of their way to defend shock comedians like Beck and Limbaugh. These guys are only their to rile you up.

Goodell should say no to Limbaugh - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

"Here are two quotes attributed to Limbaugh in a 2006 book, "101 People Who Are Really Screwing America," by Jack Huberman.
  • "You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray (Dr. King's assassin). We miss you, James. Godspeed."
  • "Let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: Slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back. I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."
I received an e-mail from Limbaugh or one of his employees Tuesday morning somewhat disputing the authenticity of the quotes.

The e-mail reads: "We've sourced the quote," then cites a wikiquotes entry: "These quotations are currently being disputed because the author of the book did not provide air dates for the original source material quoted."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 10:22 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
On page one of this topic, someone posted a snopes link in which the two quotes you listed are talked about. Even they say they cannot verify he ever said those two quotes. As for you calling Rush and Beck shock comedians, you've just described Air America. Olbermann is the polar opposite of Rush and Beck except he doesn't have their ratings. No one should take Matthews' political commentary seriously after saying Obama sends a thrill up his leg and saying it's his job to make sure Obama succeeds, after spending 8 years actively working against Bush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
I read the Whitlock article and those quotes came from a book by another guy and Whitlock states that he could not confirm the authenticity of the quotes. He went on to say that those quotes were consistent with Rush's stick and with those racist comments Rush made on air regarding Donovan McNabb.

It's quite disturbing that people here go out of their way to defend shock comedians like Beck and Limbaugh. These guys are only their to rile you up.

Goodell should say no to Limbaugh - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

"Here are two quotes attributed to Limbaugh in a 2006 book, "101 People Who Are Really Screwing America," by Jack Huberman.
  • "You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray (Dr. King's assassin). We miss you, James. Godspeed."
  • "Let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: Slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back. I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."
I received an e-mail from Limbaugh or one of his employees Tuesday morning somewhat disputing the authenticity of the quotes.

The e-mail reads: "We've sourced the quote," then cites a wikiquotes entry: "These quotations are currently being disputed because the author of the book did not provide air dates for the original source material quoted."

Old 10-14-2009, 10:25 AM

301 posts, read 208,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
On page one of this topic, someone posted a snopes link in which the two quotes you listed are talked about. Even they say they cannot verify he ever said those two quotes. As for you calling Rush and Beck shock comedians, you've just described Air America. Olbermann is the polar opposite of Rush and Beck except he doesn't have their ratings. No one should take Matthews' political commentary seriously after saying Obama sends a thrill up his leg and saying it's his job to make sure Obama succeeds, after spending 8 years actively working against Bush.
WHo said I took any of their commentary seriously? I just don't see people on this board feverishly defending "liberal" commentators. It's almost always Beck and Limbaugh.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:57 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
The ironic thing is that if you read Jason Whitlock on a regular basis, you will see that he is 10 times more the racist than he promotes Rush to be.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:06 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
The ironic thing is that if you read Jason Whitlock on a regular basis, you will see that he is 10 times more the racist than he promotes Rush to be.
Funny you mention that,It seems like the majority of the time...
He is discussing race.Rush has said some stupid things...
Michael J Fox Comments,etc If he actually said many of the things..
That some claim.The AD people would have dropped his show.
Also Jesse and Al would have been all over it!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:19 AM

480 posts, read 878,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I believe there are just two comments that are in dispute. Granted, they are the two most inflammatory, but there are still many other offensive comments that Limbaugh doesn't dispute making. And those two quotes have been repeated time and time again, since they were published in a book in 2006. Why didn't he dispute them before now, when they threaten to derail his bid to become part-owner of an NFL team?

Old 10-14-2009, 11:30 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Exclamation Hmmm...Not A Liberal, And Dang Sure Not A Crybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
See, I told you. the only thing you will get from the left is more reasons to shoot Rush in the head or demands that you prove that Rush didnt say something they cant prove he did say something because they know that Rus really believes the stuff they claim he said that they cant prove he said that they demand you prove he didnt say what they say he said but cannot prove.

LOL! What a bunch of cry babies.

This is how "free speach works"

They can call for the killing of Limbaugh while at the same time screaming about how Rush's comments foster hate against the liberal president.

They can call for banning Rush from the radio while at the same time screaming that they have the right of free speach in saying they want rush off the radio.

this is Liberalism in Action. RIGHTS are the things liberals have and the gifts they sometimes extend to the rest of us... if they want to... if it benifits them to do so...or not... depending on their mood... or how they "feel" at the moment.

Liberalism in the new (and approved) bigotry.
I think he is an annoying, big-mothed gasbag, the leader of an emerging tribe of annoying big-mouthed gasbags...

Y'know, the ones who play on people's fears, and shout out angry, red-faced, long-winded BS diatribes on TV and talk radio...it appears to me that anyone who doesn't buy into the fear-mongering and whiny-b***h-ass rhetoric that these folks shout, and that a lot of people perceive as truth, is automatically labeled as a left-winger or a liberal because we don't care if you cry and moan because things aren't being done, or the country isn't being run, the way YOU think it should be...

And I really think that's what's at the bottom of all this 'Rush-ness'...we're (those that don't particularly care for him) not going to stop speaking our minds, and we'll be here to call 'bulls**t' on this stuff every single time...so, as they used to say in the Westerns 'get yer provisions in and hunker down---it's gonna be a long winter, pardner'

Old 10-14-2009, 12:25 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:

YouTube - Rush Limbaugh Trashes Michael J Fox

YouTube - Colin Powell on Rush Limbaugh

Old 10-14-2009, 12:41 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
I was reading an article by Jason Whitlock(Fox Sports) and..
He pulls out some "Quotes" by Rush.
Quotes where he insulted a caller or said Slavery had its merits,etc
These were 100% made up,there are transcripts for every show..
Millions of people who listen and leftist groups who monitor every show.
Yet these fake statements cant be backed up.
Do people in the media actually do some research or back up what they..
Print?We need Libel laws like the UK.
Love or Hate Rush,I think he has a good lawsuit here.

So advise him to have his legal team pursue damages, then.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:11 PM

353 posts, read 552,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
I will never forget his saying that the white house had a new dog and holding up a picture of then 13 year old Chelsea Clinton. What kind of a person thinks that is okay?
Here we go again. This is another Liberal half truth perpetuated by Al Franken and Molly Ivins. Obviously your repeating rhetoric and have no clue what you're talking about. Where's the video clip? Where's the audio?
Liberals have been spreading this lie around for so long they can't even agree if it was on his radio show or TV show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies