Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 02:18 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post
If I read any intelligent responces from conservatives that display economic competence, I will donate $20 to your paypal account no questions asked. Given the fact that this is far from the norm, I doubt i'll be loosing any capital today.
Obviously you need an education in basic math if you think millions of Americans are making money.

That is misleading considering millions of Americans lost a hell of alot more over the last 2 years then they recouped in the last 6 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 02:19 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,210,139 times
Quote:
If I read any intelligent responces from conservatives that display economic competence, I will donate $20 to your paypal account no questions asked. Given the fact that this is far from the norm, I doubt i'll be loosing any capital today.
lol, you can't even spell correctly and you are looking for intelligent responses?

This kind of hypocrisy is typical of liberals. It gets very tiring.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
I checked, I havent seen any intelligent responses from liberals here displaying economic competence either.. And this includes your posting..

You can keep your $20, you probably need it more than I do, and the ability to laugh at some of you guys is priceless.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:22 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
I think this post is partially a tongue and cheek response to the posts made on here bashing Obama a couple weeks ago when the dow dropped for a few days..

Old 10-14-2009, 02:53 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
The stock market is a good indicator of economic activity, not necessarily a good indicator of economic health. This recession is predicated on the credit markets, not an equity crisis. Therefore, although it is good news, a rebounding stock market doesn't necessarily mean credit markets are unfrozen, nor does it mean that profitability has been restored.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,341 times
I think it is wonderful that the DOW hit 10,000. We are not hitting this number because we are on fire economically we are doing it because companies said they are pretty much done down downsizing. This gives investors a positive and they invest. It does not change that we have millions unemployed, it does not change that companies are NOT hiring but are making due with the help they have, it does not change that if the government issues tax increases this up tick will fall fast. The White House better tread lightly because the market is far from stable and the slightest wrong move on their part and the walls will come crashing down.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:24 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,831 times
According to the dems the republicans are all rich and greedy. I would think the republicans would be thrilled with the market rising.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:28 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Making money. You must be one of the monetary ignorants.

Please tell me how millions of people make money in the market when an index goes from over 14000 to 10000.
You never heard of shorting?

Old 10-14-2009, 03:55 PM

93 posts, read 172,476 times
Numbers on a balance sheet.

Are earnings actually improving?

Old 10-14-2009, 04:15 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Republicans will be steaming mad that millions of Americans are making money in the stock market because it helps Obama.
You know all the billions that the banks aren't loaning out, they are hoarding it? I'm so glad we taxpayers could help make these folks rich in the stock market.

Seriously though, I've heard that a lot of businesses have given up trying to make money in this economy, so they have liquidated their assets and are putting them into the market instead.

Quote:
"Why is liquidity going into the financial sector? It's because the real economy is dying [and] everyone is fleeing into the stocks and bonds because they're liquid at the moment," Whalen says. "That's not a good sign."

The "Real" Economy Is Dying Q4 "Going to Be a Bloodbath" Whalen Says: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies