Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:32 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,782,650 times

Advertisements

Get rid off:

1. Obama
2. Pelosi
3. Reid
4. Greyson
5. Biden

Luckily this will be solved sooner than later
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 04:37 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,714,971 times
The people who say "get rid of the 5 politicians I hate the most" are nothing but tools.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,433,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
That last line was very brave of you to say. You have no idea what it is to be black do you, and by this comment, never will. Very insensitive thing to say.

To know that your family member was brought here in chains and treated like scum doesn't have any negative affect on you, can only be said by African-Americans, and no one else.
Really? You really think about your great, great, great grandparents and their conditions?

Again, yeah, it sucked for them and it's inexcusable, but you have been in no way negatively affected by slavery.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,433,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Can you expound on this concept on equal footing?

As far as I know, the unemployment rate for blacks if higher than that of whites.
What about the income level based on race....

What about the poor condition of schools in mostly black neighborhoods...?

I doubt blacks and whites will ever be equal in this country.

SOME blacks have access to the same opportunities as whites but to assert that all blacks have the same opportunities as whites is laughable.
Yep. We are all free to do whatever we want with our lives. There is no law preventing a black person from leaving a bad situation to try and make something of themselves. Millions do it every day. We're all afforded every opportunity to be incredibly happy and successful.

Yeah, there's a problem with the inner city right now, but it's not a problem that's created by "the man". It's a problem that's perpetuated by the communities. When you're raised to think that you're stuck in a situation just because you were born into it, that's not the government's job to fix. That's your own problem. There are many people that have the ability to think for themselves and decide they want something better for themselves.

It's a mindset problem. Those that feel there's no way out are their own worst enemy. I've got no sympathy for anyone that thinks they're stuck in a situation because they were born into it. None. Millions have proved that theory to be a joke.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 AM

634 posts, read 1,559,339 times
1. stop supporting Israel
2. throw out the illegal immigrants
3. term limits in the house and senate
4. restore state's rights
5. no more foreign wars-bring our troops home
6. line item vetos
7. no more lobbyist
8. Health care for all American citizens
9. reduced college education costs with less emphasis on football

that is all I can think of for now

Old 11-03-2009, 11:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I won't waste any further time with this discussion because of your closed-mindedness. I just pray that you learn the truth before it's too late. Take care of yourself.
My goodness, Chatteress, are you simply totally helpless to realize and understand that it's really you who needs to wake up to what the truth is really all about? I pray that God may help you see the light. So many people wander about in the world so uttlerly gullible. What a shame.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
MY close-mindedness. Sure.

Anybody who thinks they've found "THE way" has no place to lecture anybody else about "close-mindedness".
And I say aman to that!

Old 11-03-2009, 12:02 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,714,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
That last line was very brave of you to say. You have no idea what it is to be black do you, and by this comment, never will. Very insensitive thing to say.

To know that your family member was brought here in chains and treated like scum doesn't have any negative affect on you, can only be said by African-Americans, and no one else.

Guess what? The vast majority of white peoples' ancestors not only didn't own slaves (about 5 or 6% did), but also came here in chains, as indentured servants. Indentured servants (much like rental cars vs. cars you own outright) were actually often treated worse than owned slaves, which were considered a lifelong investment as opposed to something you only have for a few years. Now you know. Back to the drawing board with your comment, I guess.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
4. The end of abortion for anything other than the life of the mother or rape.
But how do you end abortion without the government stepping in and forcing women to give birth against their will? Maybe this could be accomplished by putting women not wanting to give birth on their own in jail until it's time for the baby.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 PM

I'm surprised conservatives haven't mentioned restoring the constitutionality of laws against sodomy or is your level of priority for that more appropriate for a top 10 or 20 list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies