Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Anita Dunn listed Mao as one of her top 2 favorite philosophers; should she be fired?
Yes;why the heck is a an outspoken advocate of a brutal communist dictator working in the WH? 44 65.67%
No; she should be allowed to admire Mao, Hiltler, Stalin, Dahmer, etc. Free speech, y'know? 23 34.33%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 09:21 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,973 times

Advertisements

I don't think she should be fired. I don't think it's appropriate, and I think it is a sad statement about the ruling elite, but she can say what she wants, it's up to us to remember it at the polls. Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, I don't think Americans have that so much anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 09:23 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,714,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Despite the very evident bias in your poll, I voted "No; she should be allowed to admire Mao, Hiltler, Stalin, Dahmer, etc. Free speech, y'know?"
She has every right to admire whoever she wants or whatever she wants. She has the right to purpose laws as she pleases. Then they get voted in or out.
Of course she has the right, but with that right comes responsibility. She isn't some commie loving nutbag that works as a ceramics instructor in San Fran. She's the WH communications director that is on record stating that one of her two most favorite "philosophers" of all time is one of the deadliest killers, if not, the deadliest in the history of man. Mao Tse Tsung is responsibility for the brutal murder of 70 million people all in the name of revolution and squelching dissent. Why is someone who believes this working for the WH? Again, if a conservative staffer working for a conservative president was on record as stating that Hitler was one of his/her favorite philosophers of all time, his/her resignation would be called for immediately (rightfully so, I might add). As to your last comment, she can't get voted out she is an appointee.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
I don't think she should be fired. I don't think it's appropriate, and I think it is a sad statement about the ruling elite, but she can say what she wants, it's up to us to remember it at the polls. Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, I don't think Americans have that so much anymore.
Again, she's not an elected official, she's an appointee. If a conservative WH staffer admitted great admiration for Hitler, every media outlet in the country, if not world would be calling for his/her immediate resignation (rightfully so), yet other than Fox News, not a peep.

To reiterate Mao brutally murdered 70 million people in the name of revolution. What the H E double hockey sticks is happening to our country?

Old 10-15-2009, 10:17 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Again, she's not an elected official, she's an appointee. If a conservative WH staffer admitted great admiration for Hitler, every media outlet in the country, if not world would be calling for his/her immediate resignation (rightfully so), yet other than Fox News, not a peep.

To reiterate Mao brutally murdered 70 million people in the name of revolution. What the H E double hockey sticks is happening to our country?
I agree, but we elected the one who appoints, so we must live with that.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:34 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,905 times
I wish Liberals would just have the mod cut just once...once to stand by what they said....They are so sickening!

They are like rats...hiding in corners,when you turn around they come out.

Could you just imagine if this was a few yrs back and 1 of Bushes people said this....Holy Hell would happen from the likes of CNN and MSNBC.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 10-17-2009 at 10:53 AM..

Old 10-15-2009, 10:35 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,905 times
Who the hell would vote "No" to this.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Who the hell would vote "No" to this.
I make all of my polls open; just click on the 7 and you'll see who.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:56 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Yeah we know what Mao is responsible for...

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/CHINA.FIG1.1.GIF

Old 10-15-2009, 11:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Depends

Can she favor these philosophers and their philosophy and still do her job? If so, then she stays. If not, then she should be dismissed. It is how it effects her job that she be the determinant of her employment status. Looked at another way, can an atheist work for a religious organization? Can an environmentalist work for an oil company? Can a person who has children in a public school work for a private school? Answers to all is yes.

We don't need thought police.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:27 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,611 times
The silence from the left is deafening.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 10-17-2009 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: inflammatory comment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies