Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Anita Dunn listed Mao as one of her top 2 favorite philosophers; should she be fired?
Yes;why the heck is a an outspoken advocate of a brutal communist dictator working in the WH? 44 65.67%
No; she should be allowed to admire Mao, Hiltler, Stalin, Dahmer, etc. Free speech, y'know? 23 34.33%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 11:52 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,733,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-iron View Post
That's just insane, Mao was the devil himself! No joke.
And an awesome quote according to Anita Dunn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 11:53 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,111,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She's trying to say she was joking. Obviously not.

YouTube - Glenn Beck : Anita Dunn Favorite philosopher Mao Tse-Tung 10.15.09

This woman has a horribly annoying facial gesture - her tongue is like a lizards.

She wasn't joking. She, like Max Bacus are like lizards/snakes. Baucus is always sucking air like Hannible Lechter. Creepy. If I believed in demons I would say the white house is full of them. hussein obama and the rest on the left love these mass murdering monsters.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:10 AM

313 posts, read 678,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
And an awesome quote according to Anita Dunn.
This lady is so clueless, it's just insane.

Mao, just the mention of his name makes me cringe. Maybe he killed all those people because of the repressed anger toward his father who used to slap the hell out of him as a youth.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:46 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,260,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1974 View Post
Damn right run her out this country run her all the way to the great wall of china and the same with rest of the commies in this country. These people aren't Democrats their nothing but communists. I dont see how real democrats can't see these people for what they are? Your party has been hijacked.
Is Newt Gingrich a commie, too? He also quoted Mao.

How about George W Bush? He recommended that Rove read a bio of Mao.

Communists. They're everywhere, arent they? Even now....

Old 10-17-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Never fear Media Matters is around to provide the liberal spin..

Beck falsely claimed Anita Dunn "worships" "her hero" Mao Zedong | Media Matters for America

Better read up on how they are going to spin this one, because you know the liberals who cant think for themself will be repeating these excuses over and over again..
How exactly is what MediaMatters published "spin"? They quote Dunn, then they quote Beck. Plus there's video. Plus a transcript.

How can the people's own words be "spin"?

Old 10-17-2009, 07:51 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,976,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Despite the very evident bias in your poll, I voted "No; she should be allowed to admire Mao, Hiltler, Stalin, Dahmer, etc. Free speech, y'know?"
She has every right to admire whoever she wants or whatever she wants. She has the right to purpose laws as she pleases. Then they get voted in or out.
Actually, she doesn't get to propose laws to anyone other than her boss, who can then take them to someone in Congress to see about having a bill written. She was't elected to any position, and she has no authority to do anything other than put the official message of the White House out to the public. She's the White House Communications Director.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:00 AM

294 posts, read 413,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Is Newt Gingrich a commie, too? He also quoted Mao.

How about George W Bush? He recommended that Rove read a bio of Mao.

Communists. They're everywhere, arent they? Even now....
Quoting Mao and calling Mao your favorite are two diifferent things.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:06 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,976,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I don't have a leftist ideology to put aside. This is not about left vs. right. This is about an employee being told he/she must think a certain way as a condition of employment. Do we want to control what people think? No. I don't.

The question is: can she do her job? No one has shown how her favor of Mao's philosophy has negatively affected her ability to do her job. Someone, anyone, show me how her beliefs have compromised her ability to do her job. If her beliefs compromise her ability to do her job, then she should be fired.

That is my objective answer.
There are even arguments to be made supporting the idea that advocating Mao's philosophy will HELP her in her current job of representing the views & positions of the Obama administration.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1974 View Post
Quoting Mao and calling Mao your favorite are two diifferent things.
She quoted Mother Teresa and called her her favorite philosopher, too.

You can read Anita Dunn's exact words many places on the internet and I believe her speech was videotaped as well.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:13 AM

294 posts, read 413,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
She quoted Mother Teresa and called her her favorite philosopher, too.

You can read Anita Dunn's exact words many places on the internet and I believe her speech was videotaped as well.
I know that . No one talking about her. It's what she said about Mao that is the subject. Nice to see you can defend a communist or are you one too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies