Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 01:17 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,950,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It's a double standard. And before you cite evidence of Muslims committing...
Serious - that old argument.

Show me a Christian/Jew/Buddhist throwing acid on a woman because her ankles show.

Show me a Christian/Jew/Buddhist killing someone for apostasy.

Show me a Christian/Jew/Buddhist terror training camp.

Show me a Christian/Jew/Buddhist suicide bomber.

Q. The majority of the worlds daily violence occurs in what type of country?
Q. What religion still today continues to have followers who keep slaves?

A. Islam

Quote:
Christians enslaved people in this country for almost 500 years
After they had already been enslaved by Arab Slavers or another more powerful black tribe. Blacks and Arabs were just as complicit as Europeans in the slave trade. Anyways, hate on...

Yes, the pastor/chaplain nailed it correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 01:20 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
If someone said Christianity is violent, this forum would protest. It's a double standard. And before you cite evidence of Muslims committing terrorism, I can do the same with Christians doing the same including the the slaughter of 30,000 Bosnian Muslims by Christian Serbs on the basis of ethnic cleansing. This took place in the early 1990's so this wasn't 50 years ago.
Wasn't done due to religion. It was for revenge. Bosnians had participated in an attempted genocide on the Serbs so it was easy to rally the people against them.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,769,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Ahhhh, the expert has chimed in. Because you know a few Muslims who haven't tried to kill you, all these Muslim terrorists around the globe could not be killing based on their Islamic beliefs.
The typical inscrutable logic.

Owned lol

Old 10-16-2009, 01:46 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,070,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
For historical accuracy, it was the secular authorities who were behind the executions, etc., the Church had no authority to execute people. Most notably in Spain, where the government's intent was to drive out the muslims still remaining who had previously invaded.
For historical accuracy the Catholic Church killed the people using contract labor. The priests were forbidden to actually perform the executions so they had others get their hands dirty.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:11 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times
I have never had a Muslim say that I have to convert. But that other religion is always trying to get me "washed by the blood of the lamb." That's just so eewy.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
For historical accuracy the Catholic Church killed the people using contract labor. The priests were forbidden to actually perform the executions so they had others get their hands dirty.
Not that simple. The secular authorities had their own agenda and likely would have killed the people regardless of whether or not the Church sought out heretics.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I have never had a Muslim say that I have to convert. But that other religion is always trying to get me "washed by the blood of the lamb." That's just so eewy.
Go to a country dominated by Muslims and you will find otherwise. Some lay a special tax upon non-Muslims.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:33 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,468,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
More than a year after he was forced to disown his Chicago pastor, President Obama has begun to attend services led by a Christian chaplain who views Islam as a violent faith.

Mr Obama has been an irregular church attender since becoming President, but has expressed a fondness for Carey Cash, the navy chaplain at the Camp David presidential retreat who has been criticised for proselytising in the military and his mistrust of Islam.

‘Islam is violent’ says President Obama’s new pastor Carey Cash - Times Online
And in other News - Today it was revealed the President Obama gets his weather forecasts from meteorologists who say "The Sky is Blue". More on this outrage in our next segment.......

Old 10-16-2009, 07:32 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Can someone please tell me of something in Islam that is not punishable by death??

Just look at these:

1. Switch to Christianity

2. Criticize the Koran

3. Draw a picture of Mohamed

4. Criticize Islam

5. Woman gets raped......she get the execution

6. Homosexuality

7. Pass out Bibles in an Islamic country

All of these things you die for in Islam. And don't say they don't happen all the time............everywhere. Even in the U.S.

WHY?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:35 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Go to a country dominated by Muslims and you will find otherwise. Some lay a special tax upon non-Muslims.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne
Quote:

Peggy....you know good and well that term is merely hearing the gospel and making a choice (on your own no tby force) to have a relationship with Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies