Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:46 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,754,148 times

Advertisements

People hear what they want to hear and 18-23% want to hear that there are other reasons to hate Obama other than his race. That way they aren't racist.

I'm not a racist but............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 08:55 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,326,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
People hear what they want to hear and 18-23% want to hear that there are other reasons to hate Obama other than his race. That way they aren't racist.

I'm not a racist but............
Nice attempt to deflect the legitimate criticism towards the lunatic fringe we have occupying the White House

There are so many reasons not to like Obama and his den of thieves, race doesn't begin to play into it.

P.S. Al Sharpton loves you.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:17 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,239,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I have read Newspeak....but unless I read it regularly I cannot judge it's content.
It's basically TIME... they're both as bland as can be. "Newspeak" funny but doesnt apply.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:21 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,867,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if this administration hit back at the Taliban as hard as they try to hit Fox?
True

White housing going after a news channel sure does make me feel like my right to free speech is protected

Old 10-19-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
True

White housing going after a news channel sure does make me feel like my right to free speech is protected
Jadex, Faux told you the White House representatives were "going after" them, but they were not and did not. Axelrod and Emanuel both simply answered questions put to them -- one tacked-on question -- at the end of their shows. They did not bring up the topic of Faux. They both answered with basically the same comment: that Faux is not a news organization. Axelrod said that "we" would go on Faux, and Emanuel on his show pointed out what actually does occupy the attention of the WH. (Hint: it aint Faux.)

So because you all only watch/read Faux, you have a skewed perception of what actually happened... of reality.

Your comment, "...sure does make me feel like my right to free speech is protected" -- that's EXACTLY what Faux wants you to take away.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:36 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,218,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The left cannot give you any examples because they are lying for their messiah. hussei obama has his thugs out trying to stop any real news getting out. this dictator in the making needs to be stopped anf the more he attacks FOX, the more people gravitate to it.

You would think these fools on the left would be insulted by a liar like hussein obama that keeps saying he is transparent when he is anything but transparent. It's like they like to be lied to.
Fox News is real news. That should be followed by a sit-com style laugh track. Fox News caters to the non-thinking, paranoid buffoons. Fox News leads their viewers around by their noses. They have everything reduced to the easy-to-understand simplistics: everyone who isn't like me is a commie and hates America.
Since when did these people demand the truth about anything?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 AM

Default Classic Lie from FoxNews:

The headline: "WH Admits: We 'Control' News Media"

The "article" (picked up from WND):
President Obama's presidential campaign focused on "making" the news media cover certain issues while rarely communicating anything to the press unless it was "controlled," White House Communications Director Anita Dunn disclosed to the Dominican government at a videotaped conference.

"Very rarely did we communicate through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control," said Dunn READ MORE
And it's that "READ MORE" where Faux proves it has no respect for its readers. Because when you click "READ MORE", you're sent to the original article at WND which finally admits -- below the fold of course -- that Dunn was speaking on January 12 about how the Obama team communicated DURING HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN.

Nothing to do with the present day or present circumstances. EVERYTHING to do with Faux et al. advancing their game that they're being attacked by the WH.

FoxNation | WH Admits: We 'Control' News Media (http://www.thefoxnation.com/white-house/2009/10/18/wh-admits-we-control-news-media - broken link)

This is just the most recent example I see of their standard operating procedure which has been called to your attention myriad times on this forum.

So Faux viewers and readers... and WND fans... do you really like being LIED TO like this... being so blatantly disrespected?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 AM

9,613 posts, read 9,926,436 times
delusianne, you spend a lot of time on the Fox News websites and channel. Thanks for your support!

Old 10-19-2009, 11:46 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,754,148 times
Fox has no credibility according to the Court so why bother repeating their OPINION

Old 10-19-2009, 11:47 AM

9,613 posts, read 9,926,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The headline: "WH Admits: We 'Control' News Media"

The "article" (picked up from WND):
President Obama's presidential campaign focused on "making" the news media cover certain issues while rarely communicating anything to the press unless it was "controlled," White House Communications Director Anita Dunn disclosed to the Dominican government at a videotaped conference.

"Very rarely did we communicate through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control," said Dunn READ MORE
And it's that "READ MORE" where Faux proves it has no respect for its readers. Because when you click "READ MORE", you're sent to the original article at WND which finally admits -- below the fold of course -- that Dunn was speaking on January 12 about how the Obama team communicated DURING HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN.

Nothing to do with the present day or present circumstances. EVERYTHING to do with Faux et al. advancing their game that they're being attacked by the WH.

FoxNation | WH Admits: We 'Control' News Media (http://www.thefoxnation.com/white-house/2009/10/18/wh-admits-we-control-news-media - broken link)

This is just the most recent example I see of their standard operating procedure which has been called to your attention myriad times on this forum.

So Faux viewers and readers... and WND fans... do you really like being LIED TO like this... being so blatantly disrespected?
So it worked SO WELL to get Obama elected, now all of a sudden, they are NOT going to do that anymore to get their message across?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies