Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 12:31 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,919 times

Advertisements

Motley Crew..

YOu are proving just how "snobby" American's can be. Your post reeks of the ignorance that we as a country have toward other health care systems, other countries etc. The idea that American's know best and the rest of the world is stupid is just the arrogant American attitude that the rest of the world looks down on and the one that will quickly get us knocked off our high horse.. because if we don't learn to be humble and have some humility , enough to learn from others, we will be left far behind as we cling to what no longer works.

THat doesn't just go for health care.. that goes for everything. I care and love my country too much to watch us fall behind the rest of the world because we don't have either the humility and are not humble enough to learn from others..

Again..other countries manage to give EVERY citizen access to health care without anyone having to go broke or go without because they are not "Rich " enough to afford the care. They also manage to cover all their citizens,yet we pay more than double and in essence leave millions behind.

What you all don't want is to have to wait to recieve treatment possibly behind a Wallmart worker that makes far less than you, but deserves care no more or less than you do. Period.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Need to look up something specific in the health care bills - here is a searchable version of both bills.

www.searchthebill.com

Last edited by DRob4JC; 01-18-2010 at 12:55 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 12:47 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
The election tomorrow in Massachusetts will help to determine the direction of these bills in the Congress.

If Scott wins, I look for the Democrats to try to pull some shenanigans to try to delay his swearing in so the Dems can force these bills down our collective throats.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:56 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Motley Crew..

YOu are proving just how "snobby" American's can be. Your post reeks of the ignorance that we as a country have toward other health care systems, other countries etc. The idea that American's know best and the rest of the world is stupid is just the arrogant American attitude that the rest of the world looks down on and the one that will quickly get us knocked off our high horse.. because if we don't learn to be humble and have some humility , enough to learn from others, we will be left far behind as we cling to what no longer works.

THat doesn't just go for health care.. that goes for everything. I care and love my country too much to watch us fall behind the rest of the world because we don't have either the humility and are not humble enough to learn from others..

Again..other countries manage to give EVERY citizen access to health care without anyone having to go broke or go without because they are not "Rich " enough to afford the care. They also manage to cover all their citizens,yet we pay more than double and in essence leave millions behind.

What you all don't want is to have to wait to recieve treatment possibly behind a Wallmart worker that makes far less than you, but deserves care no more or less than you do. Period.
I think you are by far one of the most inflamatory posters here. You say I am a snob and ignorant because I can see the disaster behind this health care bill? You are very, very selfish and would throw a lot of people under a bus just to get what you feel you deserve in life. You know nothing of me or my family or how hard we work or how hard we have worked. You do not love your country, it is full of snobby Americans. I simply disagree with this health care bill and the way they are ramming down our throats without telling us what is in it. Nancy Pelosi is the arrogant one in this picture along with Reid and the rest of the fools who do not care of the costs just want to pass anything at all.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The election tomorrow in Massachusetts will help to determine the direction of these bills in the Congress.

If Scott wins, I look for the Democrats to try to pull some shenanigans to try to delay his swearing in so the Dems can force these bills down our collective throats.
Some lawyers are saying that the interim's Senator's term will end immediately after the day of the election.

Kirk Can't Vote After Tuesday

Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Obama PROMISED Transparency

Where is the Transparency with regard to these Health Care bills?

Obama Lied.

Again

Old 01-18-2010, 01:02 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,142 times
Quote:
What a POS sentiment. This isn't true at all...how arrogant of you to suggest it. I think it is YOU who thinks you are better, after all, you know better than the rest of us who simply have a different approach on addressing health care issues. So, we must all be greedy and selfish and snobs...right? There's no other reasonable conclusion. Wait, I forgot...you aren't interested in reasonable conclusions, just your own opinion.

But you spin it whatever way you want....it's more revealing about you than anyone else.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:10 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I think you are by far one of the most inflamatory posters here. You say I am a snob and ignorant because I can see the disaster behind this health care bill? You are very, very selfish and would throw a lot of people under a bus just to get what you feel you deserve in life. You know nothing of me or my family or how hard we work or how hard we have worked. You do not love your country, it is full of snobby Americans. I simply disagree with this health care bill and the way they are ramming down our throats without telling us what is in it. Nancy Pelosi is the arrogant one in this picture along with Reid and the rest of the fools who do not care of the costs just want to pass anything at all.

I'm inflamatory .. please.. YOU TOO do not know how hard I work..

I have been JUDGED for posting on this board too much.. told that that is proof I do not work much or hard at all.. Ironic how poeple who accuse me of that are on here just as much as me.

Please.. you THINK This bill will be a diasaster.. you don't KNOW>. you IGNORE the many good points of the bill.. all because you THINK it's goign to cost you more money.

It may cost us ALL a little more long term.. short term it won't..

AND.. you post about how European systems "forget everyone". Please.. give me a freaking break.

Hell.. we'd have a much better bill.. a TRUE UNIVERSAL health care bill if it wasn't for the ignorance of the American public.. who know nothing about Europe beyond what Beck or some other TV idiot "tells" them about Europe.

I've been accused of being a nazi and a communist because i believe that EVERY PERSONS LIFE is just as valuable as the next. And ours is a system that doesn't value anything but the almighty green back..

So.. is that to say that if I love my country I need to be selfish and only worry about mine.. that i need to worry more about the almighty dollar and worship Corporate CEO's. Is THAT what being "american" is..because I'm getting that message from many on these boards...

great.. I get accused of hating America because I want all Americans to have health care..
Yeah..okay..whatever

Where was teh "care in the costs" whenwe went to Iraq and send billions of money over there.. where is the "care of the cost" when we award CEO's billions of dollars.. please..

Now you 'care of the cost' when American lives are at stake every day.. Perhaps you just dont' get it because you have great health insurance...good for you.. Relish the feeling now because if this reform tanks and nothing gets done.. soon enough we will all be without insurance .. and you'll have to choose between taking money for your work or health insurance as your sole means of pay.. because THAT is where we are headed!

Want to know what's in it.. try googling the bill .. heck someone posted a searchable database of what is in both the bills. They can't tell you what is in the merged one yet because they are not finished working it out

Old 01-18-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
What a POS sentiment. This isn't true at all...how arrogant of you to suggest it. I think it is YOU who thinks you are better, after all, you know better than the rest of us who simply have a different approach on addressing health care issues. So, we must all be greedy and selfish and snobs...right? There's no other reasonable conclusion. Wait, I forgot...you aren't interested in reasonable conclusions, just your own opinion.

But you spin it whatever way you want....it's more revealing about you than anyone else.
I don't know why T.M picked Walmart as an example. Right now in this economic mess, they make far more than I do. Heck, I like Walmart. LOL

Old 01-18-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I'm inflamatory .. please.. YOU TOO do not know how hard I work..

I have been JUDGED for posting on this board too much.. told that that is proof I do not work much or hard at all.. Ironic how poeple who accuse me of that are on here just as much as me.

Please.. you THINK This bill will be a diasaster.. you don't KNOW>. you IGNORE the many good points of the bill.. all because you THINK it's goign to cost you more money.

It may cost us ALL a little more long term.. short term it won't..

AND.. you post about how European systems "forget everyone". Please.. give me a freaking break.

Hell.. we'd have a much better bill.. a TRUE UNIVERSAL health care bill if it wasn't for the ignorance of the American public.. who know nothing about Europe beyond what Beck or some other TV idiot "tells" them about Europe.

I've been accused of being a nazi and a communist because i believe that EVERY PERSONS LIFE is just as valuable as the next. And ours is a system that doesn't value anything but the almighty green back..

So.. is that to say that if I love my country I need to be selfish and only worry about mine.. that i need to worry more about the almighty dollar and worship Corporate CEO's. Is THAT what being "american" is..because I'm getting that message from many on these boards...

great.. I get accused of hating America because I want all Americans to have health care..
Yeah..okay..whatever

Where was teh "care in the costs" whenwe went to Iraq and send billions of money over there.. where is the "care of the cost" when we award CEO's billions of dollars.. please..

Now you 'care of the cost' when American lives are at stake every day.. Perhaps you just dont' get it because you have great health insurance...good for you.. Relish the feeling now because if this reform tanks and nothing gets done.. soon enough we will all be without insurance .. and you'll have to choose between taking money for your work or health insurance as your sole means of pay.. because THAT is where we are headed!

Ignore list is a great tool.. by the way
Not sure why dragging Iraq into this debate is necessary. We do care, really we do. You are the one who has no clue as to the cost implecations on the average, say, Walmart worker this bill will have. I do praise the good points in the bill, like inclusion for pre existing conditions, bravo. The rest of it is crap, like very expensive sex ed for example or providing syringes for drug addicts, funding abortions, illegal aliens.No, I don't hate drug addicts but this can be addressed at community levels. Do you have first hand insider information as to whether or not these items are removed? Who makes up the $60 billion in passes for union members? You will, and I will.
Why would I ignore you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies