Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 10:36 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,069,811 times

Advertisements

Neighborhood Klan meetings in Whitopia. What happens in Whitopia when a brown family moves in? Cross burnings?

Old 10-21-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
I love how trendy, hip, fashionable, and in vogue it is to be anti-white amongst urban white people. It's like a self-righteous badge they wear on their sleeve to show how enlightened and "open" they are
How paranoid and bigoted do you have to be to believe that people who criticize Whitopia are anti-white?

Old 10-21-2009, 10:41 AM

Bernie Madoff would be welcome in Whitopia.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:41 AM

99 posts, read 163,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
How paranoid and bigoted do you have to be to believe that people who criticize Whitopia are anti-white?

You obviously haven't read the comments in this thread.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Neighborhood Klan meetings in Whitopia. What happens in Whitopia when a brown family moves in? Cross burnings?

What happens when a white person moves into prince george's county or SE D.C.? Nation of Islam rallies to get "the white devils" out?

Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Bernie Madoff would be welcome in Whitopia.

Michael Vick would be welcome in SE DC.

See, two can play that stereotyping game.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:47 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,730,092 times
Quote:
I love how trendy, hip, fashionable, and in vogue it is to be anti-white amongst urban white people. It's like a self-righteous badge they wear on their sleeve to show how enlightened and "open" they are
Your comment reminds me of the 'Hipster' episode of "King of the Hill"

Peggy is a real estate agent trying to show a bored urban white man one whitebread neighborhood after another. He pooh-poohs each one as 'not real'. When she stops at an Hispanic acquaintance's house in a largely Hispanic neighborhood, the white hipster wants to buy there because the community is 'real'. Soon enough, the number of white hipsters moving in has changed the racial composition of the neighborhood, has altered community store, and has made what was once an affordable area unaffordable and white....

If people want to live with people like themselves -- racially, economically, socially, religiously, politically -- I see no problem with that. Why is it bad to have an area which is largely WASP, but acceptable to have an area which is mostly Chinese?

Like the POTUS, I'm mixed race: Hispanic and Caucasian. I live in a community where most of my neighbors have advanced degrees, work in education or medicine, and pull in 6 figures, and vote Democrat. There are white, black, Asian, middle eastern, Hispanic, and native American people here and we all share many things in common as well as similar values. People tend not to have issues with people of different races moving in. There are multiple mixed race families.

When someone (white, black, whatever) comes into a community with the explicit desire to make waves, what is the point in that? The folks on this board who gloat that white neighborhoods should be overrun -- what does that make you appear to be? There are plenty of places I would love to live, but can't afford. I aspire to work harder to live there, not conspire to see it ruined.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
You obviously haven't read the comments in this thread.
I have and I recognize a racists when I see one.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:53 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
The non-white family is probably not shown available real estate in the Whitopia enclave.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:53 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,730,092 times
Quote:
Speaking only from a limited experience: my friend's son and his gf are whiter than Casper the Friendly Ghost. They are hipsters to the nth degree and sought out to live in some slum area in Brooklyn, because it wasn't white suburbia. They made a point of befriending non white people in an effort to look cool. They were sticking it to their parents, sticking it to the suburbs, hating on whitey. We were all bad because we lived in the suburbs while in the City, the disenfranchised minorities were keeping it real.

Turns out that when the gf became pregnant, white suburbia was looking pretty good as opposed to the slum turned hipster haven in Brooklyn. The non white friends? Haven't seen any of them around.

They did a fine job of fooling themselves into hating their race, until it became time to settle down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies