Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,791,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Another example of stories taken blindly out of context. The bill is the annual extension of a provision to ignore the cuts to doctors' payments mandated under a 1997 deficit reduction act that continues to operate. The defeat of the bill means that doctors payments will have to be cut, but the House health care bill includes an offset to those cuts and the vote in the Senate heads off any chance of an amendment to the Senate health care bill being offered from the floor in an attempt to push the bill's cost over the President's stated limit.

Mmmm we are talking cost containment in healthcare, every provider is taking a hit yet they wanted to keep the doctors whole. Now why would they want to do that? LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,526,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Funny - the democrats are NOW considering what many in the GOP and elsewhere said before the stimulus was passed. TAX CUTS to business and individuals - this is what they are proposing NOW, after their "idea" has failed.
Again...$288 billion in tax cuts in ARRA...to individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations. How quickly you ignore...

Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,668,587 times
Here ya go..Biden admits that "EVERYONE guessed wrong" so that lets them off the hook for the out of whack unemployment estimations. I mean..it was "everyone" so how was the WH to know better ?

Vice President Joe Biden says 'everyone guessed wrong' on jobs number | National News - cleveland.com - - cleveland.com

Old 10-21-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
He made promises if the people put their trust in the stimulus, in spending a trillion we don't have. Those promises have not come to fruition, not even close.
What promises were those? The ones I keep hearing about were made by WorldNetDaily, not Obama.

Quote:
He should be held responsible for his hair-brained, failed policies.
And right-wingers should be held responsible for the hair-brained stories they tell.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,035,717 times
Quote:
Again...$288 billion in tax cuts in ARRA...to individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations. How quickly you ignore...
At an average of $13/biweekly paycheck - inconsequential and irrelevant. And it wasn't a tax cut, it was a rate reduction, something I hardly even noticed in the paycheck.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,035,717 times
Quote:
What promises were those? The ones I keep hearing about were made by WorldNetDaily, not Obama.

And right-wingers should be held responsible for the hair-brained stories they tell.
Saggy, you really demean yourself by spinning this. We all remember his event after event, telling us what the stimulus would do - keep UE below 8% (his very own chart, which you always like to dismiss), he claimed the stimulus would create 600,000 jobs by summer's end, 3-4 million by 2010, would provide a jolt in the arm to small business - none of that has happened.

And you know it.

Stop playing dumb on this issue.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:28 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,505,399 times
Quote:
At an average of $13/biweekly paycheck - inconsequential and irrelevant. And it wasn't a tax cut, it was a rate reduction, something I hardly even noticed in the paycheck.
I second that. "Oooh, hey kids - Daddy's check is larger- let's splurge and purchase ground beef this month!!!"

Old 10-21-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
At an average of $13/biweekly paycheck - inconsequential and irrelevant.
How many paychecks are those $13 in? How many times to biweekly paychecks get sent out? Do you know why the tax cut was disbursed this way? I'll tell you...because when Bushie sent out those lump-sum stimulus checks, bozos used them to add to savings or pay down down debt. Both of those actions serve to undercut the stimulus effects of the stimulus checks. Brilliant!!! So, we had to break the payments up into little tiny pieces so that you wouldn't have much choice but just to spend them as they came, which of course is the whole point. I actually do know 34th-graders who understand this crap and right-wingers don't...what's to be done with these people...

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 10-22-2009 at 03:08 PM..

1,814 posts, read 2,505,399 times
[quote=saganista;11291684]What promises were those? The ones I keep hearing about were made by WorldNetDaily, not Obama.

And right-wingers should be held responsible for the hair-brained stories they tell.[/quote]

And left-wingers should be held responsible for the collection of morons that they elected that are leading to the destruction of the American quality of life.

86,052 posts, read 84,668,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
I second that. "Oooh, hey kids - Daddy's check is larger- let's splurge and purchase ground beef this month!!!"
At $4.99/lb you won't get too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies