Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:10 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,149,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Wow what a "balanced " bunch, right, righter and rightest
Geraldine Ferraro? Alan Colmes? Geraldo Rivera???

If those people are politically "right" in your world, you must move in circles (literally) - nobody could be that off balance and walk a straight line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The courts hhave ruled it's NOT NEWS, it's entertainment like Wrestling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 02:14 PM

24,516 posts, read 33,355,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Holy cow.... you're clueless... Do you have any idea who Juan Williams, Bob Beckle and Alan Colmes are? Obviously not... Thanks for showing the true ignorance of the opposition to Fox News.
He obviously does not know what he is talking about if he really thinks those three guys listed above are "right-wingers!"

Old 10-27-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Great link!

I think that all of the fox supporters would hush after viewing this link.
It would be a great link if the source was credible. "MediaMatters" is an obviously biased, left-wing site which has been proven wrong before.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Well I wonder why "Fox News" wasn't as critical & harsh towards George Bush during his eight years of lying, cheating, & deceiving America?
What was the "lying," "cheating" and "deceiving?"

You must be thinking of Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd!

Old 10-27-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Anyone who had actually followed the story would know that the documents were sent for analysis and verification before any story went on the air. Such people would also know that nothing contained in those documents was ever disputed. The documents were dismissed only because a credible link between those copies and original copies could not be establoshed. The woman who would have typed the original copies testified that everything in Rather's copies was accurate. She was only certain that she herself had not typed them.
What Dan Rather reported was later found to be inaccurate.

Quote:
Given the dismal level of service that George W. Bush has provided in every other professional undertaking, it is hardly any stretch to suggest that his ANG servoce was also dismal.
Those who serve in the National Guard would strongly disagree about his serving in that outfit is "dismal." Again, Bush DID receive an honorable discharge with the rank of Lt.

Quote:
There was nothing dishonorable about being a draft-resister or an opponent of the Vietnam war. Many of today's anti-Obama whackjobs go a good deal further toward disgrace and dishonor than the he!!-no-we-won't-go crowd of the 1960's. Then of course, there were the chicken-hawks. We know who some of those were. You want dishonor, there's a good place to start...
Yes, I suppose according to liberals, being a draft-dodger can be equated to being a hero. Bad enough he was a draft-dodger, but he (Clinton) also once said that he "loathes" the military. Years later, he becomes the Commander-in-Chief!" As George Putnam said back then ('92-'93), this is the age of insanity. I sadly agree. And it's continuing. Our current president could not even qualify to be his own bodyguard! Because of his acquaintance with a known domestic terrorist.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 PM

59,291 posts, read 27,456,410 times
I watched the video and 2 things come to my mind.

She cited Cronkite as "the model" journalist. She failed to mention he declared te Viet Nam war lost during the TET offensive even though we did not loose one single battle. We had the war won and he used his journalist news position to state opinion instead of news.

Second. She says FOX NEWS and shows a clip of Beck. As a journalist, I would hope she knows what she is talking about. She doenn't. The name of the channel is FOX News. All shows are on FOX News. Beck, Hannitty, O'Riley etc. are not news shows. The first half hour of Brett Baer is "news". The panel is opinion.

You have to seperate the two. She doesn't, on purpose.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:16 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,907,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I watched the video and 2 things come to my mind.

She cited Cronkite as "the model" journalist. She failed to mention he declared te Viet Nam war lost during the TET offensive even though we did not loose one single battle. We had the war won and he used his journalist news position to state opinion instead of news.

Second. She says FOX NEWS and shows a clip of Beck. As a journalist, I would hope she knows what she is talking about. She doenn't. The name of the channel is FOX News. All shows are on FOX News. Beck, Hannitty, O'Riley etc. are not news shows. The first half hour of Brett Baer is "news". The panel is opinion.

You have to seperate the two. She doesn't, on purpose.
You missed the point.
Fox news shows were also promoting anti-obama/anti-government rallies.

They are Republican activists.
They are not news.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:26 AM

60 posts, read 79,973 times
Let me get this straight.The courts,meaning the government said Fox News is fake....hmmmm.Well that just gives them credibility in my mind.Any of you people ever here of Dread Scott or Tuskegee Alabama or Japanese American internment camps.If the government's official stance is anti Fox News than it is every American's patriotic duty to watch it.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:12 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,504,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What Dan Rather reported was later found to be inaccurate.
No, the content of the memos was not challenged. The original claims for their authenticity that Rather/CBS had sought and received were. Basically, the memos were criticized not for any lack of validity in what they said, but for not being demonstrably official copies of the original source materials.

Quote:
Those who serve in the National Guard would strongly disagree about his serving in that outfit is "dismal." Again, Bush DID receive an honorable discharge with the rank of Lt.
He got into the ANG as a rich-kid line-cutter. He did his job and flew around for a while, then he got bored and decided to move on to other things. Nobody missed him enough to make a big deal out of it under the circumstances. Line of least resistance...give him his papers and be done with him.

Quote:
Yes, I suppose according to liberals, being a draft-dodger can be equated to being a hero. Bad enough he was a draft-dodger, but he (Clinton) also once said that he "loathes" the military. Years later, he becomes the Commander-in-Chief!" As George Putnam said back then ('92-'93), this is the age of insanity. I sadly agree.
More right-wing fantasia. Clinton did not say that he loathed the military. After describing those he had known and what he had learned from his Oxford associations with draft resisters, he says in his letter to Col. Holmes, I am writing too in the hope that my telling this one story will help you understand more clearly how so many fine people have come to find themselves still loving their country but loathing the military, to which you and other good men have devoted years, lifetimes, of the best service you could give. He is not offering personal testimony, but describing the scene that he finds himself in. But never mind that. You all are the right-wing. You can just move words around and change their meanings whenever you want.

Quote:
And it's continuing. Our current president could not even qualify to be his own bodyguard! Because of his acquaintance with a known domestic terrorist.
Fantasia, Part Deux. Obama would have more problem over perhaps being too slight to qualify for Secret Service duty than he would over his work with Bill Ayers. The claim of his being unable to earn a security clearance is a complete hoax that only those particularly susceptible to hoaxes have fallen for. Anyone having any familiarity with actual security clearance procedures has laughed over this one from the moment the disinformation media first came up with it.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:49 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,298,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
No, the content of the memos was not challenged. The original claims for their authenticity that Rather/CBS had sought and received were. Basically, the memos were criticized not for any lack of validity in what they said, but for not being demonstrably official copies of the original source materials.
Let's bottom line this CBS issue: Dan Rather screwed the hootch. He got caught. He was fired. He sued for being fired. He lost.

Bye Bye Dan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies