Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post

Blame Bush for what he has done bad and wrong, because there is plenty of it. But to give others that have been involved in allowing and causing a lot of this to happen a free pass is just flat out BS.
Clinton ordered air strikes in Iraq.
This is quite different from what President Bush has done--and stubbornly continues to do.
Sure, there is plenty of blame to go around, but I and many others were against this war from Day One.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 11:13 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Clinton ordered air strikes in Iraq.
This is quite different from what President Bush has done--and stubbornly continues to do.
Sure, there is plenty of blame to go around, but I and many others were against this war from Day One.

True, and I won't bash Clinton for the way he handled things if he was acting on what he believed to be true based on the information he had.

Bush acted on pretty much the same information, but mishandled the response. But somehow there is a huge chorus of people who say he made up the WMD stuff as if Iraq/Saddam/WMD's had never been mentioned until Bush said it.

That is all I am saying is that people should bash the things that deserve bashing instead of rewriting facts on other things in order to do more bashing.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:26 PM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times
There are no Pro-Bush stories to report on. I can't think of a single one. Do you have any? If you can name some things that Bush and his administration have done that have improved this country and have been for the betterment of the MAJORITY of Americans, why don't you post them? In what ways are we better off now then before he took office in 2000? And don't go back to touting Clinton's mistakes, we all know about them, I'm asking what has BUSH done? He has had 6 years in office! He's still blaming Clinton for things! When does the buck stop with him? What are the things that HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED that have been an IMPROVEMENT for average, working class/middle class people and to improve this country in general? What special interest groups has he stood up to (Oil Companies, Pharmaceutical Companies, Banking Industry, The Country of Mexico, etc...) instead of catered to? How much debt are we now in? WEll?

Old 05-10-2007, 01:39 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,907 times
if the media reported the news and not provided their own liberal bent to it He would sure. but they never give a pro American, objective report

Old 05-10-2007, 01:52 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
A critical point is that Bush didn't merely respond to information provided to him. He had information fit his (Cheney, PNACers) policies.

Quote:
if the media reported the news and not provided their own liberal bent to it He would sure.
Sorry, you can keep repeating this distortion, but it's still NOT true. The media has been largely conservative and the past 6 years easily prove this. They have either directly printed/"reported" propaganda or looked the other way at Bush's questionable acts.

Quote:
but they never give a pro American, objective report
In supporting Bush they way they did, you are correct.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:47 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,367 times
What positive things has Bush EVER done...response to montanamom:

Positive...well let's see...he has OPPOSED mainstream Republicans by actually supporting legal civil unions (not marriages) of gay couples. First Republican President to appoint openly gay person in administration, Scott Hertz.

He repealed the Clintonian "roadless rule" which made it even harder for logging sales to occurr in national forests, which use some of the newest and most tech. advanced logging techniques to actually IMPROVE the environment.

First Republican to appoint a black person (Colin Powell) as Sec. of State

Inflation at historic lows every year, even as higher oil prices raise fears of inflation...economy is in good shape (look at Dow lately)

Signed Medicare aid act which for the first time included prescription drugs in coverage.

Just a couple positive things...to keep us honest here.

Oh and a couple other things:

Bush signed the Adam Walsh child protection Act, which requires sex offenders to re-confirm physical addresses and employment info in a national database on a MONTHLY, instead of yearly, basis...also helped implement the national Amber Alert child abduction system.

Bush imposed a tax on imported Canadian softwood lumber, going against traditional free trade policies, in part because the Canadian government's logging policies do not include several key environmental protections or check and balances (Environmental Impact Statements before a sale, etc) that the US companies are required to uphold.

Oh, and Bush created the largest marine protected area ever, in 2006, when he created the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands National Monument.

*grin* this is all public knowledge, folks...it's just that we NEVER hear this stuff in the media anymore...just all the policies, laws, etc, that DON'T work.

I'll stop now!! *grin*

Last edited by Yac; 05-11-2007 at 09:23 AM..

Old 05-10-2007, 03:48 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Much of the goverment with career professionals has been turned upside down by W, into political operatives in a level that surpasses Nixon in its politics (at least Nixon was a moderate who did a few good things for this country despite his own king-complex and paranoia.)

Please spare us of W's supposed good deeds. Despite such names as Healthy Forest, his administration has made cuts or otherwise harmed agencies that protect us and our national resources.

Insert "grin" here.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:07 PM

73 posts, read 202,293 times
Thumbs up 100% Absolute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I suspect much of President Bush's problems are based on constant negative Press reporting of him and his Presidency. I suspect that many Americans do not understand the issues and hate Bush because we are told to by the media. It is a form of brain washing and propaganda.

No, I am not saying Bush is a good President or I support his war or his decisions on economic, political and government programs, but I do think that much of his unpopularity is based on the constant negatively slanted stories in the media. Your thoughts?
Your assumption is on target. It's the media!

President Bush is a wonderful, moral, upright directly honest, and deeply religious man. Ask anybody who has a personal knowledge of him, and his world.

The news and in fact all mass media outlets at this point of world history, has become a source of entertainment, not unlike any other edited video or movie. You see what the director wants you to.

A few years ago, it sincerely bothered me. Why should President Bush be so maltreated by the media?! FYI: The President hardly watches the news. (He's got direct sources of information that we don't even kow exists - and thank God, runs the govenment based on that, and not based on the media! )

Yes - It's all the media, and the imagination, and ambitious agenda of LESS THEN 1 tenth of 1 percent of all American.

Perhaps a patriotic bill should be introduced regarding the media !

Old 05-10-2007, 10:59 PM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Boy, talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for positives! I still didn't get my question answered about what he's done to help the MAJORITY of average working Americans in this country (the DOW means nothing to average Americans who don't have stock "porfolios" etc. and are just trying to put gas in their cars and food on the table every week for their kids!). The prescription drug plan was nothing but a gift to the pharmaceutical companies - do your homework. Speaking of Bush's claim to "faith", much of that was just a marketing ploy to secure the evangilical vote. The Bible did predict however, that there would come a "great deception"

Old 05-10-2007, 11:59 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Boy, talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for positives! I still didn't get my question answered about what he's done to help the MAJORITY of average working Americans in this country (the DOW means nothing to average Americans who don't have stock "porfolios" etc. and are just trying to put gas in their cars and food on the table every week for their kids!). The prescription drug plan was nothing but a gift to the pharmaceutical companies - do your homework. Speaking of Bush's claim to "faith", much of that was just a marketing ploy to secure the evangilical vote. The Bible did predict however, that there would come a "great deception"
So, I guess you also, can just see nothing positive about Bush's administration? YOU, ma'm are the one scraping here...the DOW means financial gains or losses for us nationwide/worldwide even...doesn't matter if you play the market or not. The market goes up...everyone's chances of earning more money go up, too.

So, as for prescription drugs, you'd rather that NONE of that was covered in a national low-income health care plan? Do your own homework.

I never spoke to Bush's "faith" issues...don't agree with him on almost everything there, including his stance on abortion and Intelligent Design. And how do you know it was a "marketing ploy" vs a personally driven choice? Seems to me, he would have gone with a politically "safer" route if he really didn't give a chit.

Still haven't answered to a lot of other positives mentioned in my post, including gay/racial direct appointments in his immediate administration, support of legal civil unions between gays (first time ever), designation of 2 largest protected areas ever, and informational protection against sex offenders in this country. Keep it rollin! Meanwhile, I'll come up with a few more positives.

Again, do I think Bush has done everything right?? Far from it...maybe mostly wrong, in fact...but I don't believe he's evil and I sure don't believe his every move has been against regular, hard working American people. Why? Because once in a while, his vote his choices prove he's been fair and compassionate. Even the "No child left behind" policy, while a failure overall, didn't come from an administration that had no interest in our system of education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies