Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 07:06 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times

Advertisements

Did anyone see the CNN Special, Latino in America? The episode had a segment on a group of white teens in Shenandoah PA who beat an illegal Mexican worker to death. The trial acquitted the teens for hate crimes and homicide. They only got a couple of years in jail. Anyway, the CNN episode portrayed Latino and Anglo tensions as being high in that part of the country. That part of PA is small-town, conservative and blue-collar. First, are the tensions really as bad as they say? Secondly, is tension like this as prevalent in other parts of the country? Obviously, it may be more strained in Arizona (Sheriff Joe's Country) than in New Mexico. But are relations really as strained as portrayed on CNN? Third, is there much tension in areas between the Anglos and the Latinos where the demographics are reversed? Such as Brownsville TX or Miami FL? I am just trying to put into perspective whatever tensions may exist between the two communities and what the future will be like for the relationship as Latinos become more numerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 07:35 PM

3 posts, read 5,828 times
I didn't see that but White people are the victims of Latino crime in far greater numbers than vice-versa. Was that show another example of anti-White racist propaganda?

I think anyone in America that lives in a large metro area can see that Latinos comprise a large number of violent inmates, which means their youth and young men can really be hateful.....

In LA, the friction is between Latinos and Blacks, because Latinos are moving into South Central and Watts. Please don't tell me that that TV show deliberately avoided this, to focus on "Anglos"!! What a joke.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:39 PM

411 posts, read 468,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannederek View Post
I didn't see that but White people are the victims of Latino crime in far greater numbers than vice-versa. Was that show another example of anti-White racist propaganda?

I think anyone in America that lives in a large metro area can see that Latinos comprise a large number of violent inmates, which means their youth and young men can really be hateful.....
Check your statistics in city data.com, in every city where there is a hispanic dominance, the crime rates are much lower than where hispanics are not the mayority, for example; el paso, san antonio, NYC, Miami etc... get your facts together......

Old 10-26-2009, 07:40 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
You may start another thread on THAT subject. This ain't about that. Do you detest what happened? No?

Old 10-26-2009, 07:44 PM

3 posts, read 5,828 times
I detest all crime, whether it's committed by Latinos, Blacks or Whites.

Quote:
That part of PA is small-town, conservative and blue-collar.
I also detest anti-White racist propaganda on the idiot box, known as the television. Do you detest anti-White racist TV programming like CNN's "special"?

Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I detest all crime, whether it's committed by Latinos, Blacks or Whites.
Then stick to the topic at hand.

Quote:
I also detest anti-White racist propaganda on the idiot box, known as the television. Do you detest anti-White racist TV programming like CNN's "special"?
That is not the topic at hand. Create a new thread instead of trolling in someone else's. I will surely participate.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:53 PM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
Did anyone see the CNN Special, Latino in America? The episode had a segment on a group of white teens in Shenandoah PA who beat an illegal Mexican worker to death. The trial acquitted the teens for hate crimes and homicide. They only got a couple of years in jail. Anyway, the CNN episode portrayed Latino and Anglo tensions as being high in that part of the country. That part of PA is small-town, conservative and blue-collar. First, are the tensions really as bad as they say? Secondly, is tension like this as prevalent in other parts of the country? Obviously, it may be more strained in Arizona (Sheriff Joe's Country) than in New Mexico. But are relations really as strained as portrayed on CNN? Third, is there much tension in areas between the Anglos and the Latinos where the demographics are reversed? Such as Brownsville TX or Miami FL? I am just trying to put into perspective whatever tensions may exist between the two communities and what the future will be like for the relationship as Latinos become more numerous.
Did I read that right?
A young PERSON was beat to death and the ones who did the beating only got a few years in prison?
Notice I said person. Not Latino, or whatever.
Does anyone or any living being need to be beat to death???

Old 10-26-2009, 11:18 PM

432 posts, read 604,870 times
and people say cnn doesn't try to initiate fear like fox....

Old 10-27-2009, 12:03 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times
This post is about RACIAL TENSIONS not crime statistics. Please stay on topic.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManGoneADreamin View Post
and people say cnn doesn't try to initiate fear like fox....
News reporting is now inciting fear and hatred? Are you saying this incident never happened/should never be discussed on its own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies