Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2009, 06:37 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Now that is cute. Were you one of those bystanders?
Sad because you couldn't ATTEND?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 06:39 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I do remember that awful incident. The witness Cash was a piece of work, sounds like he sleeps well at night, not a problem in the world. Apparently what he witnessed didn't bother him in the least. He's just as bad as Strohmeyer:

Sherrice Iverson's mother demanded that David Cash, Jr., be charged as an accessory, but authorities stated there was not enough evidence connecting him to the actual crime, and Cash was never prosecuted for any offense related to the murder.
In the weeks following Strohmeyer's arrest, Cash told the Los Angeles Times that he did not dwell on the murder of Sherrice Iverson. "I'm not going to get upset over somebody else's life. I just worry about myself first. I'm not going to lose sleep over somebody else's problems." He also told the newspaper that the publicity surrounding the case had made it easier for him to "score with women." Cash also told the Long Beach Press-Telegram: "I'm no idiot ... I'll get my money out of this."[11][12]
Two local Los Angeles radio hosts subsequently held a rally to have Cash expelled from the University of California at Berkeley, but University officials stated that they had no basis to remove him since he was not convicted of any crime.
Cash did express equivocal remorse over Iverson's death in a radio interview, stating that "I have a lot of remorse toward the Iverson family. It was a very tragic event...The simple fact remains I don't know this little girl ... I don't know people in Panama or Africa who are killed every day, so I can't feel remorse for them. The only person I know is Jeremy Strohmeyer", but still insisted that he did nothing wrong.
All involved in that crime were pathetic excuses for people...and ideally Cash should not only have intervened but he probably should have beat the guy's a_ss in short order after he was made aware of the incident.

BUT the only reason I say that those who witnessed this rape shouldnt be punished is because I think if we start holding people responsible for reporting a crime OR MERELY WHAT THEY SUSPECT MAY BE A CRIME, then that opens the door for profiling, mistaken identities and a host of other quandaries associated with criminal suspicions. I think it will be hard for people to draw a line between what only looks like a crime, and actual criminal activity.

For instance, if a person walks by a neighbor's window and see's a man manhandling a woman or vice versa, are they to call the police under the assumption that a rape/assault is occuring?...Or can they be safe in assuming that the couple likes rough sex?......OR still yet, will the neighbor be punished for not calling the authorities if his suspicions of rape turn out to be true?...IDK, like I said, I think that outside of the scope of this particular case of the alleged 2 hour rape, punishing people for not intervening or failing to notify authorities when they suspect a crime is being committed, becomes a slippery slope.

Last edited by solytaire; 10-31-2009 at 06:52 PM..

Old 10-31-2009, 06:39 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Sad because you couldn't ATTEND?
Sometimes I wonder how many people here are posting from the rec room in prison. Our tax dollars at work again.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder how many people here are posting from the rec room in prison. Our tax dollars at work again.
Maybe you'll be paroled someday.

Don't give up Hope, you might Change someday!

Last edited by ergohead; 10-31-2009 at 07:01 PM..

Old 10-31-2009, 06:43 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:

Quote:
lol..these two are hilarious.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:52 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Witness to an assault: Must you report it? - USATODAY.com

omg, it's getting worse and worse. 20 people watched and 10 raped her. This is so disgusting. They are all human scum. At least they might spend the rest of their life in prision. Lock them up, throw the key away and let them rot in jail.

Let them starve to death while getting beat every night.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:57 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
Reading many of these posts proves that we as a society are becoming more and more uncivilized. How anyone can rationalize standing idling by while another human is raped and beaten clearly demonstrates that we have failed to advance our species. Whether or not there is a law mandating the assistance of a person in distress there certainly is a moral obligation that goes far beyond any law. Should we stand by and watch a person drown, or a car accident victim burn to death, or a young girl raped and beaten and do nothing more that record a video on a cell phone? When this happens as it just did then civility is lost.
This young lady that was so violently attacked has endured an act worse than death. She will have to live with the nightmare of that night for the rest of her life. I firmly believe that the death penalty should be sought regardless of the age of the attackers. Those that stood idly by I hope there is a law that would put them behind bars, but at least I hope they will be publicly identified for being the cowards they are.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:52 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
Quote:

Don't give up Hope, you might Change someday!
Actually, I let Pergohead get away with the first part of that, I actually got a chuckle myself. A couple hours later i return and find he has edited it and added the second sentence.

No sonny, it is you that will change someday.
"A man under 40 that is not a liberal does not have a heart, a man over 40 that is not a conservative does not have a brain" Churchhill

I hope you will change someday or you and yours will not have as good a life as I have had. You may find yourself subserviant to much worse than conservatives. i.e. I would much rather anser to Cheney than answer to the bolsheviks. or the Obamaviks as it were

Old 10-31-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Actually, I let Pergohead get away with the first part of that, I actually got a chuckle myself. A couple hours later i return and find he has edited it and added the second sentence.

No sonny, it is you that will change someday.
"A man under 40 that is not a liberal does not have a heart, a man over 40 that is not a conservative does not have a brain" Churchhill

I hope you will change someday or you and yours will not have as good a life as I have had. You may find yourself subserviant to much worse than conservatives. i.e. I would much rather anser to Cheney than answer to the bolsheviks. or the Obamaviks as it were
I would appreciate it if you wouldn't use the C-word in my presence, as it is highly offensive to me.

Let's just refer to him as D*ck, shall we?

Last edited by ergohead; 10-31-2009 at 08:39 PM..

Old 10-31-2009, 09:01 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Reading many of these posts proves that we as a society are becoming more and more uncivilized. How anyone can rationalize standing idling by while another human is raped and beaten clearly demonstrates that we have failed to advance our species.
Clearly you are responding emotionally and have not read the thread. Of all 42 pages one person said it wasn't their reponsibility to help a victim, and received a virtual C-D whooping for saying that. All other responses have addressed the legal implications of forcing witnesses to intervene, and then prosecuting them for not doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies