Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 01:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Sorry, don't buy the cloak and dagger crazy talk. Especially not in the context of non-direct revolutionary talk. Might as well tell me the government is controlling my mind from HQ.
Not everything is on the internet. And, that is a fact
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 01:29 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not everything is on the internet. And, that is a fact
That's just silly. How could one prove that ridiculous assertion?

Old 10-28-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
That's just silly. How could one prove that ridiculous assertion?
Well, I know, from personal knowledge, that the report we gave to the Senate Finance committee, in writing, is NOT on the internet.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Well, I know, from personal knowledge, that the report we gave to the Senate Finance committee, in writing, is NOT on the internet.
Again with the unverifiable anonymous internet chatter. Hopefully, when I get old, I won't make outrageous claims and getting into flame wars just to garner attention.

I have colleages in various fields relating to this area of research, and I've been asked to work at the new Utah facility upon graduation. Do you think they'd bother if they were actually to discern and dissect this information? C'mon now. Yes, please report me because I'm not interested in working there.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Again with the unverifiable anonymous internet chatter. Hopefully, when I get old, I won't make outrageous claims and getting into flame wars just to garner attention.

I have colleages in various fields relating to this area of research, and I've been asked to work at the new Utah facility upon graduation. Do you think they'd bother if they were actually to discern and dissect this information? C'mon now. Yes, please report me because I'm not interested in working there.
What you do does not concern me. Nor, am I trying to get into any "flame wars" as you suggest. There is no need to.

What I am saying though is, not everything is on the Internet. And, that is a fact. Should you choose not to accept that - fine. Thats your choice of course.

Your second paragraph is rather silly though. Meaningless tripe actually.

When you get more mature, and have had more life experiences, I expect you will come to respect the opinions and experiences of those who are older - and wiser - than you are.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
What you do does not concern me. Nor, am I trying to get into any "flame wars" as you suggest. There is no need to.

What I am saying though is, not everything is on the Internet. And, that is a fact. Should you choose not to accept that - fine. Thats your choice of course.

Your second paragraph is rather silly though. Meaningless tripe actually.

When you get more mature, and have had more life experiences, I expect you will come to respect the opinions and experiences of those who are older - and wiser - than you are.
Hopefully, when I get older, I won't resort to conjecture and wild speculation about what DHS or NSA is doing with posts on the internet without empirical evidence. Hopefully, I won't regress in maturity and make up stories about how important I am and what I can do to people who could give a darn on the internet.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:12 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
A revolution aye? Well, it may happen one day. I'm certainly in no hurry to be looking to my guns for anything but keeping the yotes off my place and competitions anytime soon. The people out there that are saying 'bring it on' are the ones who have NO clue as to what combat is really like. They see themselves all well fed, and healthy, fighting the forces of evil, when the reality of it is they will be half (or more) starved, fighting all manner of sickness, wearing rags and probably carrying empty rifles. My first concern, if an armed revolution is looming, would be how I am going to keep my family safe, warm, fed, and healthy. I have no illusions about charging into lines of federal or UN troops blasting away with my AR 15. If a revolution were going on here, I would be sorely tempted to hide out and take care of my own, rather than joining some cause or another. I'm in no major rush to see my son dying of fever while we are all huddled around a small fire in a drafty cave somewhere in the hills boiling jack rabbit guts for soup. seems to me the ones who are talking the loudest about starting a revolution are the least prepared to actually do so. It's going to take a sight more than having an AK, a few hundred rounds, and some surplus BDU's to get through such a thing.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
A revolution aye? Well, it may happen one day. I'm certainly in no hurry to be looking to my guns for anything but keeping the yotes off my place and competitions anytime soon. The people out there that are saying 'bring it on' are the ones who have NO clue as to what combat is really like. They see themselves all well fed, and healthy, fighting the forces of evil, when the reality of it is they will be half (or more) starved, fighting all manner of sickness, wearing rags and probably carrying empty rifles. My first concern, if an armed revolution is looming, would be how I am going to keep my family safe, warm, fed, and healthy. I have no illusions about charging into lines of federal or UN troops blasting away with my AR 15. If a revolution were going on here, I would be sorely tempted to hide out and take care of my own, rather than joining some cause or another. I'm in no major rush to see my son dying of fever while we are all huddled around a small fire in a drafty cave somewhere in the hills boiling jack rabbit guts for soup. seems to me the ones who are talking the loudest about starting a revolution are the least prepared to actually do so. It's going to take a sight more than having an AK, a few hundred rounds, and some surplus BDU's to get through such a thing.
Your opinion may change somewhat if some of those UN troops or US military members shot and/or gangraped your wife/son/daughter. Being cold, hungry, and low on ammo may not matter as much then just as long as you can get back at 'dem sons of beeches. If one took a good look at the 1956 revolution in hungary we spoke about earlier, that was exactly the catalyst for revolution.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:21 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
Ok, so, almost everyone in America hates the government and doesn't trust the government. The government has become totally corrupt and is obviously not working in the people's best interest anymore.

So where is the revolution? Why isn't anyone interested in a revolution?
I seem to remember millions of people yelling "Yes we can" and seeing all of my little leaguers with Barack Obama T-Shirts, and stickers on everyone's cars about McCain/Palin and Obama/Biden. It seems as though plenty of people still love their politicians and still trust politicians and government.

That being said, I think there should be a revolution by the states for more control over their laws. If Texas wants to ban abortion, legalize assault rifles and execute people for marijuana, let them. If California wants to have state-sponsored abortions, no guns and legalized marijuana, let them. That's how this country was founded, but somewhere along the way we forgot that. After all, how is California anything but a colony of Washington DC when it sends more in taxes to the government than it receives?

Old 10-28-2009, 03:34 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Because the vast majority of people are stupid,apathetic and lazy.
Maybe to an extent, but revolution takes extreme coordination and dedication. For instance, I would likely be on the other side of TheCaliforniaBears stance. She wants more taxes, increased regulation, and the power of the people to oppress the minority through popular opinion. She is just angry that it isn't being done by her way. I would be on the opposite side of the war with her as I am against everything she stands for (unless I somehow misread her political positions in the past and if so, I apologize).

So it creates a problem. If we have no purpose to which we are fighting for, then what purpose is there to fighting? I think the government should be much much smaller and should essentially be limited to only the issues of national defense and the regulation of the constitutions protections. This form of government does not exist today and many would be upset if we lowered it to such (people are only angry when a piece of their own pie is taken, not because others are taken).

I honestly think there are few today who could truly accept the responsibility without the government carrying them be it individual or organization. They are like drug addicts and have been using for far too long to just quit cold turkey.

Personally, This nation will continue on with its corruption. Its people will continue to support whatever personally benefits them until it reaches a level where there is extreme oppression on the majority. The people have no concern for the minority, we see this everyday with small issues of discriminatory taxes and the like. We are already a nation of oppressive majority dictators serving self interest above common good. It will not be until ALL are under the thumb (or the majority is) that people will start to unify.

People are greedy, ignorant, arrogant, and selfish. They will serve their interests committing the most egregious offenses until they are the target of their own making. Only then will they take up the banner of justice and then we can't know for sure that it is only until they get special treatment and sell others out.

Hence the very important point of the founders concerning a moral and virtuous people. Without that, this nation is destined to fail and no recovery is possible until that is established.

All I can say is... good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies