Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 02:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Roy I hate to break the news to you but LG has always been a RINO. He is a McCain Republican. he aint never been one of us....

but i sure wish all Democrats were what he is. America would be better if we were arguing about things between where LG is and where Conservatives are.... much better.
I think you are absolutely correct but the media seems to think he is a real Republican, and he isn't at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 02:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Who determines whether one is a RINO? Perhaps Graham is a real Republican, and the rest of you are the RINOs. I mean, is the term RINO subjective and arbitrary? If so, it seems a rather meaningless classification.
Republican in Name Only. RINO. Lindsey Graham, Olympia Snowe, John McCain and several others.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:30 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think you are absolutely correct but the media seems to think he is a real Republican, and he isn't at all.

Yeah, I agree, SC Gov. Mark Sanford is more like a REAL Republican..

Old 10-29-2009, 02:31 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,461 times
He's a waste and needs to be given the boot...

Old 10-29-2009, 02:52 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Republican in Name Only. RINO. Lindsey Graham, Olympia Snowe, John McCain and several others.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:02 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,069,811 times
Expel him from your party. Throw the bum out.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:05 PM

346 posts, read 408,107 times
Roy that damn Lindsey Grahmnesty has been on my **** list since the amnesty fiasco and now he's getting worse. Just another ankle grabber hiding behind an R.

As for Hanoi John "Ketchup Meiser" Kerry I would like to see him strung up on the White House lawn for treason.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:40 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default Lindsey Graham fast becoming a RINO or worse

Quote:
RedState (http://www.redstate.com/radicallyrig...ssing-senator/ - broken link)

Not only is old Lindsey failing to do his duty, according to Americans for Prosperity he recently came out with Jon Carry in support of Crap and Tax and was forced to back down by organized groups initiating phone calls from South Carolinians.

This man is fast becoming at least as bad as Olympia Snowe in supporting Democrats for all kinds of left leaning ideas. The real problem is that, like Obama, he has only used one year of his term. i don't know whether they have recall in South Carolina but if they do it is high time they used it.

During the last election, lots of conservos griped about McCain not being far enough to the right.

Now it's Lindsay Graham.

Conclusion: conservos hate vets. They love Limbaugh and Cheney, though.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:57 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
The way he has been behaving the past month he is fast becoming a RINO and I would appreciate you proving that wrong.
So because he votes with the GOP 85% of the time instead of 95% of the time and speaks out against personal attacks = He is a RINO?? This is exactly what is wrong with the Republican Party right now. They have jumped so far to the right that anyone who isn't with them on every issue or who doesn't believe the rhetoric of some helps they want thrown out of the party.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
He has a rating of 89.79 from the American Conservative Union, but apparently, that's still too liberal for the base of the current Republican Party.

2008 Votes By State Delegation (http://www.acuratings.org/2008all.htm#SC - broken link)

In fact, the ACU rates Graham as a "standout" conservative:

Standouts in the 2008 Senate (http://www.conservative.org/archive2/Senate_standout.asp - broken link)

But hey, if you want to bash Graham for being a RINO, go for it. Keep driving yourselves into the ground!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies