Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:26 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,575,262 times

Advertisements

obama is a flat out liar bill were supose to be on line for us to read. we find out that not only we dont get to read them. but those voting on the bills dont care enough, to read them.!be on believe!

Old 11-01-2009, 09:02 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If that was true, then one would vote by closing your eyes and placing your finger randomly on the "chosen" candidate.

If not campaign promises, is it hair color or similar taste in music that gets your nod for president?
I vote for a philosophy, not a personality or campaign promises. No candidate who belongs to the Republican Party believes the same political philosophy as I do. Not all the Dems do but they'd be closer.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:19 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,511 times
A lie is a lie is a lie no matter, and Obama is a LIAR.
Period.
And he has surrounded himself by more of the same.
Period.
Y'all can twist and turn it however you want, to make yourselves feel
better.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
No liar is better than another. You are a liar. You lied in this thread. That's an issue for me. Too bad it isn't for you. Apparently you think you should get a pass on your lies while holding Obama's feet to the fire over campaign promises.

You and your ilk are the issue.
And the fact that you care more about some anonymous poster, sitting behind a computer screen, who has not asked you for your vote, your support, not asked you to support their policies, their beliefs, than you care about the lies told by the president of the United States, and individual you obviously agree with, is rather pathetic.

Its sad, probably not something I'd repeat in public if I was you, unless of course you are the type of individual that thrives upon the attention one gets at being laughed at.

You lied about not caring but all you've done through this whole thread is pointed out how much you infact do care. YOU LIED, and if you think you get a pass while calling me out on "all" vs "some", without you having the ability to point out JUST ONE.. Then that indeed your issue, for trying to defend a lie by pointing out a misquote is indeed rather pathetic, but not as pathetic as caring about what I say more than the presidents. That one takes the cake..

Old 11-01-2009, 10:47 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And the fact that you care more about some anonymous poster, sitting behind a computer screen, who has not asked you for your vote, your support, not asked you to support their policies, their beliefs, than you care about the lies told by the president of the United States, and individual you obviously agree with, is rather pathetic.
That you find you are able to excuse your own lying simply because you aren't president or running for office is pathetic.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:51 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
About Lie #2. From what I can find, Brandeis did say "Sunlight makes the best disinfectant." The video claims "That's not what Brandeis said." Okay, what did he say?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:06 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,386,313 times
Try here:

Promise: Put Agency Meetings With Lobbyists Online - The Promise Audit - National Journal Online

Old 11-01-2009, 02:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
That's because the right wing thinks that Obama should be able to solve all the problems of the US and the world that he inherited in his first year in office. That he can't is a major disappointment to them because they expect superhuman or godlike powers from him. The left knows he's only a man.
Here we go with that old inherited Pelosi.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Link. From a reliable source, of course. No one in his right mind would promise to "put all meetings online". And no one with a ounce of intelligence would believe such a thing.
Oh my God, what you just said about Obama and all the people who still believe him.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Always gotta love posters who pretend the issue is about me, as if I was running for president.

If posters like this was half as involved in making their candidates fufill their pledges as they were involved with "gotcha" postings involving a word like, "some" or "all", then maybe we'd have much better representation in Washington.

Instead, Obama supporters want to go, hey, "you lied", and that means "Obama didnt"..

Right.. I got it, you dont care, you just spent FOUR pages talking about "all" vs "some", without even having ONE link to confirm that "some" wasnt a lie..

I admitted I misquoted him, when will you admit he lied?

I wont hold my breath because you've spent 4 pages making Obamas pledge about "me".. Sorry but that doesnt mean he didnt lie, it just means you want to deflect from the 8th one told...

Sorry but when you said you dont, (wait, let me quote you so you cant assuse me of lying ) "give a $hit". YOU LIED, or you wouldnt have spent so much time debating "some" vs "all" without even the ability to backup the "some" as not a lie..
There is a possibility that the old left handed method of trying to change the subject of the thread may have been in use all this time. Some of them do it every time something uncomfortable comes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies