Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 05:22 PM

155 posts, read 328,472 times

Advertisements

When Whites become the minority in the United States, do you think certain white states will start to leave, the union?

In 2040 it is estimated that Whites will be the minority in the United States, this wont be in every state of course, certain areas such as Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Iowa, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Tennessee, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Utah etc will still be majority White.

Do you think people in these states will get scared about being the minority and leave and form their own Republics?

This is an un-PC discusion about race in America, you may not like it but the fact is that most people not matter what their race do not like the idea of being a minority and they may get scared of that idea?

Last edited by Bo; 11-01-2009 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: Moved from General US. If it's "un-PC," it belongs in P&OC.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:29 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
I've lived in those "white states" and most could care less what color of skin someone is. The fact that this is an issue for you should really cause you concern.

I have relatives married into my family from many different races. Wonderful people. Get over the color of skin and look forward to the day when we are all tan!

Old 11-01-2009, 05:31 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
How refreshing another "I'm not racist, I just don't like people who are not white" thread. Real dinkum Americans were brown, let us not forget, and unless you are 100% Native American Indian, you are just like every other citizen, an immigant, regardless of the quantitiy of melanin you posess.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:31 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,863,956 times
OP: I think that they tie you to your bed and will force you to have mixed race children, lol.

Seriously, what is this, 1955? Please grow up, move on, and realize that every race that is not Anglo is superior. Please.

Being a cracker myself, I can say that we have been b@ttheads for far too long. It's time for the rest of the world to have a whack at running things. Whether idiots get the whitey-tities in a bunch and grab their BB guns while watching FOX news is not really my concern.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:33 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,004,545 times
Why would a state secede based on the amount of White Americans around?

Hawaii (which has never had a "white" majority), New Mexico, the District of Columbia, Texas and California are already majority-nonwhite

Georgia, Maryland, Nevada, New Mexico, New York and Mississippi will be with the next few years (source)

7 of the 40 largest metropolitan areas in the U.S. are majority-nonwhite.

These states make up the majority of the United States population. I'm pretty sure most of the people who live there are proud Americans no matter what their color is.

I don't see how White Americans becoming a smaller portion of the resident population would change anything...unless there is some sort of bigger point you are making.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:34 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
I do have sympathy for people who have attached to a white-centric worldview. To have, within the last 40 years thanks to civil rights, affirmative action, and general societal advancement, people of all races in all aspects of life must be difficult for people not ready for that transition.

Not that we should abide their wishes, but I do sympathize. In the end, though, we have a president capable of enacting the same basic policies white men have enacted for generations and under Bush we had a lot of minority representation.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:36 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAaron View Post
When Whites become the minority in the United States, do you think certain white states will start to leave, the union?

In 2040 it is estimated that Whites will be the minority in the United States, this wont be in every state of course, certain areas such as Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Iowa, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Tennessee, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Utah etc will still be majority White.

Do you think people in these states will get scared about being the minority and leave and form their own Republics?

This is an un-PC discusion about race in America, you may not like it but the fact is that most people not matter what their race do not like the idea of being a minority and they may get scared of that idea?
Well, I'm kind of an unusual example, but I'll give this a shot. I'm a white girl, my boyfriend is Chinese-American, and we lived in a black neighborhood in Texas for about 8 years. Now we live in the NYC metroplex in a mostly white (85%) suburb, but our street is mostly Latino. So I don't mind being a minority.

I think this might be a city-rural thing. When I go to NYC, there are tons of people from all over. Another thing I think people forget is many immigrants, at least in this area, are from Europe. So there's some immigration that is adding to the white population. (I think most people's image of an immigrant is a Latino person, and this just isn't entirely accurate).

I'm not sure that you are going to find an easy answer on this one.

Last edited by diva360; 11-01-2009 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: from is not in

Old 11-01-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I do have sympathy for people who have attached to a white-centric worldview. To have, within the last 40 years thanks to civil rights, affirmative action, and general societal advancement, people of all races in all aspects of life must be difficult for people not ready for that transition.

Not that we should abide their wishes, but I do sympathize. In the end, though, we have a president capable of enacting the same basic policies white men have enacted for generations and under Bush we had a lot of minority representation.
I for one don't. If people decided to take part in the myth of "white superiority" for personal gain or for poop and giggles, then they are reaping the rewards of karma.

They need to grow up, realize they were wrong, or just leave.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:41 PM

edit

Old 11-01-2009, 05:50 PM

10,034 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Why would a state secede based on the amount of White Americans around?

Hawaii (which has never had a "white" majority), New Mexico, the District of Columbia, Texas and California are already majority-nonwhite

Georgia, Maryland, Nevada, New Mexico, New York and Mississippi will be with the next few years (source)

7 of the 40 largest metropolitan areas in the U.S. are majority-nonwhite.

These states make up the majority of the United States population. I'm pretty sure most of the people who live there are proud Americans no matter what their color is.

I don't see how White Americans becoming a smaller portion of the resident population would change anything...unless there is some sort of bigger point you are making.
Remember hispanic is not a race but an ethnicity and in most cases fall under white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies