Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 09:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Though I am pro choice for the first four months of pregnancy, I'm willing to call it a crime, with specific punishment, if the abortion is done subsequent to that period. The only exception I would allow would be medical, for the mom or kid (what constitutes "medical" would need to be specifically debated and defined in legal documents).

I kind of disagree with you here though Sag, I think that your statement about late term abortions is speculation on your part.
All states have laws concerning post-viability abortions including Kansas.

In other words, it is a crime to perform a late term abortion without extenuating circumstances.

This is the law in Kansas where Dr. Tiller practiced:

Quote:
Kansas' post-viability abortion restriction states that no abortion may be provided after viability unless the attending physician and another financially and legally independent physician determine that an abortion is necessary to preserve the woman's life or continuation of the pregnancy would cause a "substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function" of the woman. Kan. Stat. Ann. A 65-6703(a) (Enacted 1992; Last Amended 1998). The Kansas attorney general has interpreted this exception to include mental health. Op. Kan. Att'y. Gen. 2000-020.
Kansas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 09:41 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Yep, Tiller paid them off big time. Last time he was in court was because his second opinion came from not an INDEPENDENT physician but a woman doctor who worked in his office. She got off by saying she was only renting space there. Roll eyes. She had been in trouble with the board that keeps tabs on physicians from years ago and I believe she had a drinking problem. It takes those kind to do that type of work. Tiller gave lots of money to Sibelius to be governor. She was in the tank to him so she called off the investigators. The DA wanted to know if he had underage girls getting abortions and not reporting the sexual abuse they might have had.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You would think so wouldn't you? Not true. Babies who would be born healthy and with no defects are aborted. Tiller did it all the time. One survived the abortion and since the mother delivered at the hospital she was allowed to live. She died about 3 years later from the botched abortion and from nothing else.
Can you provide a link about this?

Old 11-12-2009, 09:56 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
People - not everything has a link

Old 11-12-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
People - not everything has a link
Her assertions have no credibility without citations or sources provided as to where her information came from. I suspect it is more false information dispensed to promote an agenda. The religious right and moral majority are notorious for this!

Old 11-12-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Yep, Tiller paid them off big time. Last time he was in court was because his second opinion came from not an INDEPENDENT physician but a woman doctor who worked in his office. She got off by saying she was only renting space there. Roll eyes. She had been in trouble with the board that keeps tabs on physicians from years ago and I believe she had a drinking problem. It takes those kind to do that type of work. Tiller gave lots of money to Sibelius to be governor. She was in the tank to him so she called off the investigators. The DA wanted to know if he had underage girls getting abortions and not reporting the sexual abuse they might have had.
Will you show me where you learned all of this information? I surely missed it in the news! Was Dr. Tiller found guilty? This sounds like quite a conspiracy! Why hasn't anything been done about this?

Old 11-12-2009, 11:02 PM

I live in Wichita. Yes I can provide a link. We had to hear about his trials ad nausem on TV since they never went anywhere.

Check out www.wichitaeagle.com then search Tiller trial.

Our churches had pray vigils at his clinic. We drive past his clinic when we go down Kellogg, a busy highway. Not sure what will happen to the clinic now though.

The other link is in my head on what I heard and saw about him.

He was never found guilty. Just aborted 60,000 babies but never guilty.

I did a search on Tiller and it is coming back with the newest trial of the man who killed him. Phil Kline was the DA prosecuting him but it doesn't come back with anything when I search him. I guess I need to go into the archives to find about those trials held 2 or 3 years ago.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
I live in Wichita. Yes I can provide a link. We had to hear about his trials ad nausem on TV since they never went anywhere.

Check out www.wichitaeagle.com then search Tiller trial.

Our churches had pray vigils at his clinic. We drive past his clinic when we go down Kellogg, a busy highway. Not sure what will happen to the clinic now though.

The other link is in my head on what I heard and saw about him.

He was never found guilty. Just aborted 60,000 babies but never guilty.

I did a search on Tiller and it is coming back with the newest trial of the man who killed him. Phil Kline was the DA prosecuting him but it doesn't come back with anything when I search him. I guess I need to go into the archives to find about those trials held 2 or 3 years ago.
He might have been found "not guilty" by a jury trial because he was "not guilty".

Old 11-12-2009, 11:40 PM

DA Phil Kline was voted out before he could continue to prosecute him. Tiller's friend, can't remember his name was elected and he backed off Tiller's case. A year later that DA was found guilty of sexual harassment in his office.

Quite a mess really.

The trials were not about the fact he aborted 60,000. Tiller gave that number and never denied it, rather proud of it really. He was being investigated for using a non-partial physician to give the second opinion of the women and their need for an abortion. He was also being investigated in doing abortions on under age girls and not reporting it to the police to investigate sexual abuse.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:56 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
DA Phil Kline was voted out before he could continue to prosecute him. Tiller's friend, can't remember his name was elected and he backed off Tiller's case. A year later that DA was found guilty of sexual harassment in his office. Quite a mess really.
Phill Kline was a militant anti-abortionist who was essentially voted out of office for trying to manipulate the law in furtherance of his personal religious convictions. Paul Morrison succeeded him and it was in fact Morrison who brought Kline's incomplete indictment to trial, where Tiller was found not guilty on all 19 counts. The law that Kline was attempting to prosecute under has since been invalidated by the Kansas Supreme Court. Kline's other major effort to prosecute underage homosexual activity has also been overturned by the Kansas Supreme Court. Fortunately for the people of Kansas, Kline is now retired from politics and is a visiting professor at...Liberty University, Jerry Falwell's noted institution of higher disinformation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies