Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:19 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times

Advertisements

It is really getting to me when I hear last weeks shooter in Fort Hood is awake and talking and getting a lawyer. I know it is the right he has to do so, but than some lousy lawyer comes out and isstating the childhood of this man was bad, or a mental illness....

Just like the man in Orlando, another loser who lost his job just like many others but than starts shooting and before that he was layedoff from another job and some poles prevented him from driving his car through the front of the shop....that isn't mental illness.

IMO every person who is shooting some one else is a nut case but knows it is wrong...

The Fort Hood shooter was contacting Al Quada...he seemed to know who they are and how they hate America...that is just another radical muslim who is mad at every one.

I wonder if his lawyer is going to claim money for the virgins he never got due to the hospital doctor's keeping this shooter alive....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 05:20 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
Is he a public defender or one paid for by CAIR or some other muslim organization?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is really getting to me when I hear last weeks shooter in Fort Hood is awake and talking and getting a lawyer. I know it is the right he has to do so, but than some lousy lawyer comes out and isstating the childhood of this man was bad, or a mental illness....

Just like the man in Orlando, another loser who lost his job just like many others but than starts shooting and before that he was layedoff from another job and some poles prevented him from driving his car through the front of the shop....that isn't mental illness.

IMO every person who is shooting some one else is a nut case but knows it is wrong...

The Fort Hood shooter was contacting Al Quada...he seemed to know who they are and how they hate America...that is just another radical muslim who is mad at every one.

I wonder if his lawyer is going to claim money for the virgins he never got due to the hospital doctor's keeping this shooter alive....

Old 11-09-2009, 05:21 PM

Remember the lawyer who was continuing to defend the planner of the 1993 WTC bombing? She'd been found to have been a mule passing on terrorist information from him to his followers and other terrorist.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
I read that his lawyer is worried he won't get a fair trial.

To me this is an open and shut case. Just give him life if he claims mental illness although the military saw him fit for duty and with him deploying probably just had a complete exam.

Just remember though..this happened in Texas.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:41 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,026,355 times
i say give him a fair trial and hang him

Old 11-09-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I read that his lawyer is worried he won't get a fair trial.

To me this is an open and shut case. Just give him life if he claims mental illness although the military saw him fit for duty and with him deploying probably just had a complete exam.

Just remember though..this happened in Texas.
You also have to remember that this happened on an Army base and so he can be tried twice for the same crime,...once in civilian court and once in military court. I wonder if military court still allows for death by firing squad?

Old 11-09-2009, 05:47 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You also have to remember that this happened on an Army base and so he can be tried twice for the same crime,...once in civilian court and once in military court. I wonder if military court still allows for death by firing squad?

they just reported on Fox he will face military court, not federal

Old 11-09-2009, 05:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
some lousy lawyer comes out and isstating the childhood of this man was bad, or a mental illness....
I've never understood this argument or sentiment. We constitutionally guarantee the right to counsel and as a matter of legal tradition require attorneys to do everything under the law to present arguments in an attempt to prove their clients innocence or diminished capacity. For an attorney to do otherwise would be a violation of their professional canon of ethics, so why do we castigate the very individuals appointed to carry out this very important role which goes to the heart of our legal system?

Old 11-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I've never understood this argument or sentiment. We constitutionally guarantee the right to counsel and as a matter of legal tradition require attorneys to do everything under the law to present arguments in an attempt to prove their clients innocence or diminished capacity. For an attorney to do otherwise would be a violation of their professional canon of ethics, so why do we castigate the very individuals appointed to carry out this very important role which goes to the heart of our legal system?
Because it's a "boy who cried wolf" situation. It's the only defense the guy can use cause he's so guilty even Stevie Wonder could see he's guilty.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:10 PM

395 posts, read 510,670 times
Quote:
Like how soldiers do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies