Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:18 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,206,407 times

Advertisements

It's a great American idea to teach kids that money is the only thing that matters in life. By looking around us we can see the effects of that. God Ble$$ America!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 08:32 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,312,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
It's a great American idea to teach kids that money is the only thing that matters in life. By looking around us we can see the effects of that. God Ble$$ America!
Actually, it probably reinforces how it's impossible to survive as a society without capitalist commerce. Like death and taxes, capitalism are one of the only other constants in the universe and no society has ever functioned without it for an extended period of time.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:52 AM

78,644 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I believe that a financial education for youth is as important as teaching them how to swim.

Money isn't going anywhere, I'd prefer my kids to be educated on the topic so that they don't DO stupid things or get taken advantage of.

Just look around at the million threads on credit card debt and walking away from mortgages, failed investment schemes. I fail to see how educating yourself on a topic makes someone an evil money grub.

Wait a second, I also support sex education I hope that doesn't mean I'm trying to get people to become prostitutes.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:58 AM

78,644 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I have serious issues because I recognize two white guys as

TWO WHITE GUYS!!!!!????????????

"""Don't they look Jewish too?""""

WHA...??? What does "Jewish" look like ????

OOOhhhh, they wearing BROWN...they must be Wiccans!!! Dead giveaway...
It's kinda out there already so hand waving about it is just making it worse. Like the guy that makes some vile joke at a bar about blacks or women etc. and everyone just looks at them like wtf.....

The irony here is that the two richest, whitest american guys (gates, buffet) are noted for HUGE charitable contributions.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:45 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,330,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh, look...the cover has two white men on it!

Anyway, kids KNOW from experience how to make money....Screw over anyone you can for as much money as you can and don't look back.....

.....it's the American Way...we bow before it!

Amazing you put this into a race debate when the OP is correct to think we need to teach kids how to do this.

Well ok ---

I have traveled the gift shows all over the US for many years which includes the biggest in the world in Atlanta Ga. Orlando, Denver, Dallas, Boston, Seattle, SF, Columbus and other have them also.

In all the years going to these shows and selling to businesses that come to those shows including places like Disney, Macys, QVC ( I have sold products to them all ) and others, I cannot remember more then a few non whites either selling a product or buying the products for major companies.

So what does that tell you? It tells you that non whites simply do not know how or are not willing to put out the effort to build a business that makes money.

For some reason you are jealous of successful white people. The people I have dealt with for many years were hard working honest people who built their business from scratch and hard work and never ripped anyone off to make money.

The true rip off is those who abuse the government for grants and loans to start a business and the huge majority of them fail, steal the money and run. Those people would be the non whites because most of the grants and loans are given to minorities with no questions asked and no business plans that means anything.

So stop the whining, those white people who work hard and created businesses that are successful did it through hard work, effort and determination to succeed.

Those who failed were many loser welfare type bums who stole money from the tax payers to start a business and of course wanted a typical handout and did not want to work to grow it.

For you to think that anyone who is successful ripped someone off tells me you do not live in the real world.

The real rip offs are those welfare left wing types who stole taxpayer money to start a business and of course failed at it.

Many years of owning several business including rentals, condos, manufacturing and a retail business I can tell you from personal experience that this country needs small businesses to survive to give sorry butt people jobs. Without it many would not have a job.

And the truth is they are all owned by white people who worked hard to be successful.

I know of "one" super nice minority lady in Florida who grew her business from scratch and it is huge even today. She did it from hard work and never received a handout either.

Stop the whining. If my 11 year old can make 18,000.00 in a year with her own website and her own ebay account, and making 95% of the decisions then why cant you?

She even has two of her friends at school owning their own websites and selling on ebay. One sells Wii games, PS3 games etc and the other sells high end used clothing on ebay and makes a nice profit at all. They all helped each other out when needed and even get together to pack the orders they all take.

Kids need to learn about money and how to make a profit instead of being showed how to steal welfare funds, food and housing.

It's called work, something some people have trouble with.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:58 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,346,208 times
I reccommend What Ever Happened To Penny Candy and What Ever Happened To Justice.

Maybury's Two Laws

Mr. Maybury bases his work on common law, namely

"Do all you have agreed to do."

"Do not encroach on other persons or their property."

The first law is related to contract law. A contract is an agreement between two or more parties, in which they promise to perform certain actions for and recognize certain rights of the other parties.

The second law is related to some criminal law and tort law. Violators of these types of laws have committed acts like theft or violence against other people. (When referencing these two laws, Maybury has at times requested they be known as "Maybury's Laws," and stated exactly as above.)

Richard J. Maybury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies