Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 05:20 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,547,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
smoke some weed...you'll feel better

Nah,,I think he's been puffin instead of passing. puff puff pass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 05:20 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,081,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
You act as if the government takes similar action to that of the Chinese government.
They do.

The American Government is almost as totalitarian as the Chinese. They allow us a little more freedom in a few areas but not much.

Go to China, you'll see. In many ways they are more free than the US.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:22 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,819,260 times
Then you should have been petrified about 9 years ago.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:23 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,239,768 times
Why would a church have anything to say about the Fairness Doctrine?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:24 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,789,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Last_2009 View Post
• That my church refuses to speak out against the Fairness Doctrine.
That makes absolutely no sense to me ... can you explain why they should?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:28 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,728,742 times
You should enjoy your life instead of being used as a tool

Old 11-11-2009, 05:40 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,914,252 times
Quote:
I Am Afraid - By Dissonant Melody
Login | Facebook

I am afraid…
• That my family is in denial about the very real threat to democracy our nation faces. (Translation: I am mad my party didn't win.)
• That my mother thinks we should remain silent. (Translation:My mom is more excited about the sales at the mall. Consumption is the core basis of being American).
• That my brother believes people who oppose the Healthcare Bill are selfish, heartless people who take pleasure in the suffering of others. (Translation: My brother doesn't have health insurance, or poor coverage, and doesn't want to die).
• That my friends think that people who warn them about the dangers facing us are paranoid fanatics, afraid that the proverbial sky is falling. (Translation: That quite possibly, my friends are frankly too open minded for my taste).
• That my church refuses to speak out against the Fairness Doctrine. (Translation: I wish my church could brodcasts its veiws 24/7 to the entire nation. Regardless of whether or not it's ethical, or even correct).
• That my government wants to take over every facet of my life, and assume complete control of it. (Translation: I have an irrational fear about Democrats wanting to provide healthcare, yet am okay with Republicans spying on me).
• That my nieces are being indoctrinated to believe that Capitalism is evil, and that hard work, creativity and ingenuity are not necessary to achieve success. (Translation: I like hyperbole).
• That the GOP has swung so far left, they don’t understand what their base is protesting. (Translation: Instead of protests and outbursts, I want a violent revolution).
• That the apocalypse that my grandfather predicted, the one I laughed about, is looming in the horizon. (Translation: Grandpa and I now share the same meds).
• That the freedoms guaranteed in the Bill of Rights are being systematically revoked but it is happening so subtly and behind the scenes, the public doesn’t even know they should be alarmed. (Translation: Under Walmart, Exxon Mobil, and United Healthcare I trust. Corporate interest groups creating "grassroots" campaigns as well as Fox News are my biggest sources of information).
• That the Healthcare Bill just passed in the House – and that half of our nation is still focused on shopping, partying and trying to ignore the facts. (Translation: My mom went to Walmart, while my brother is lambasting the fact he still can't get his meds. Instead I wish they posted messages on facebook fraught with exaggeration. Also, I heart Glenn Beck!)
But know this – I am not afraid
• Of being ostracized. (My friends think I'm narrow minded).
• Of being arrested. (I might show up with a gun to a teabagging event).
• Of being thrown in jail. (I will show up with a gun to a teabagging event).
• Of water-boarding (I miss you GWB!)
• Of death. (I love being edgy. Nah, just dramatic effect).
I promise you -
• I will not be intimidated into silence (Except if my insurance company doesn't authorize surgery on my vocal cords).
• I will not be coerced into indifference (Except if there is a sale at Walmart).
• I will not stand idly by while the radical left destroys this nation that I love so much. (Except if my brother dies because he can't afford his cancer meds).
• I will guard liberty from enemies both foreign and domestic (America F-yeah).
• I will raise my children to love this nation, respect the constitution and defend justice for all. (I will instill paranoia as a virtue).

A little over dramatic. Doesn't deserve a serious response.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:44 PM

366 posts, read 298,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Then you should have been petrified about 9 years ago.
I was afraid a few more years ago than that Kramercat. Good post OP.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:49 PM

33 posts, read 30,422 times
• That the GOP has swung so far left, they don’t understand what their base is protesting.????
I think you mean to the 'right'

Old 11-11-2009, 08:52 PM

395 posts, read 511,562 times
Quote:
It makes me determined.
determined to do what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies